To insert code in a forum thread or comment wrap it in code tags : <code>...</code>.
STRIKING MULTIFLEX VERSION 1.2.9.9 RELEASE THREAD - 4 AUGUST 2019
  • STRIKING MULTIFLEX VER 1.2.9.9 RELEASE - 4 AUGUST 2019 - WP 5.2.2+ compatible.

We are pleased to release our 39TH update of Striking MultiFlex.  This version of Striking MultiFlex is compatible with WordPress 5.2.2 and in addition is full compatibility with all supported PHP Versions including PHP 7.3 series, PHP 7.2 series, PHP 7.1 series, PHP 7.0. series and and php 5.6 series.

You should now see an update notice in your website dashboard advising of the availability of the update. If you do not see it please go to your Striking Advanced Panel/ Update your Striking Theme admin tab and click on the Check for Updates button.

This release contains the totally reworked new Version 6 of the Revolution Slider. There are notes in the changelog comment below about this plugin update which you should review carefully prior to updating.

-------------------

The Striking MultiFlex ThemeForest demo site found at has MultiFlex Ver 1.2.9.9 and WP 5.2.2 installed:

Striking MultiFlex ThemeForest Demo Site

WooCommerce Demo
    Striking MultiFlex has some very nice and convenient Woo customization options and as a proof of compatibility we maintain a woo store at the Striking MultiFlex Demo site found at this link:

Woo Demo 3.6.5 Store Demonstration.

The woo demo content is installed.   We suggest you view the this webpage which contains an image of our revised Woo Settings group and it discusses some of the settings available to assist you in customizing your Woo store.

If you are just building out a woo store for the first time we are pleased to advise we now include a set of installable woo demo content in this build, found in the Advanced Panel -> Admin Options -> Demo Content to Install setting.

NOTES on this MULTIFLEX RELEASE
    You can now update to the latest Striking MultiFlex from any past version installed on your website. We have removed the limitation on how far back one could go in versions before having to update by ftp.  It is with some trepidation that we remove this limitation - the swap file if one is going back to a release in the 2014-2016 timeframe is very large and on many budget quality hosts (standard Bluehost, Godaddy, MediaTemple, Hostmonster, Hostgator, 1&1, WP Engine packages, etc) you most likely will hit a runtime or memory headroom limit before the swap routine can fully run, and thus the update would fail.

So if you are a past build and installing the update fails the culprit is 99.99999% your hosting, not the theme!

1. This release is WP 5.2.2, Woocommerce 3.6.5+ and PHP 7.033+, PHP 7.1.27+, PHP 7.2.+ and PHP 7.3+ compatible.
    2. There is a no change to the Child Themes.
    3. All questions about updating, and any queries about possible bugs in these releases should be posted below, not in the general forum!  This way we all only has to review this thread in order to find pertinent information related to this release.  The release and the updating function have been tested (images attached)
    4. We recommend if you are updating from old Striking MultiFlex versions released in 2014-2017 that you review the prior release threads. There are some steps one has to take. Or hire us to do the updates for you! We guarantee the outcome.
    5. Plugins such as ubermenu require a code insert into the header.php for functionality.  There are NO CHANGES TO the header.php ain this theme update, so no action required on your part for this release via-a-vis the header.

CHANGELOG:
    Please see the Changelog section below for details of changes.  This is a maintenance focused release.

You can also review the actual list of changed files and the details of each file change in our theme api - did you know that no other premium wp theme developer has such a visual system enabling you to view and compare the changes from one build to the next such as we have?  Click on the Files and Details tabs to view what has changed at this link:

Striking MultiFlex Ver 1.2.9.9 Release Page & List of Added/Changed/Deleted files and Change Highlights

UPDATING:
    Some users will encounter errors due to hosting factors when attempting to update.  If you are with a budget host such as Godaddy, 1&1, MediaTemple, Bluehost, WP Engine and many others, there is a possibility you may encounter an issue when attempting to update.  These are not theme related and outside our control as theme developers!

One of the sections below details examples of the hosting errors, and how to resolve. Step 1: Click on the following link and Do Not Panic......... :))

I am ready to panic as the internal update failed - what do I do?

PLUGIN COMPATIBILITY:
    Striking MultiFlex is historically compatible with thousands of plugins, and we guarantee that we will fix compatibility issues for a select group of the most popular plugins such as WP SEO, WPML, PolyLang, Woo, Easy Digital Downloads, bbpress, buddypress, WP Symposium, Essential Grid, Post Types Order and several more.  But be advised support for other plugins will often fall into paid support.  And if the plugin is not listed as WP 4.9.8 compatible, we will not even consider examining the matter.

Please note we removed our formal support for WP Ecommerce effective our version 1.2.8.2.  The plugin developers seem to have gone in a diff direction with how they are coding their plugin, and we do not feel we can maintain compatibility without more work then we are prepared to undertake, given that to the best of our knowledge our entire customer base uses either Woo or Easy Digital Downloads, Easy Paypal or other such plugins for ecommerce.

BUG & REPORTING:
    A note for the obstinate out there: should you find what you believe is a potential bug, or a compatibility with a common plugin, it is not the end of the world!  Post your potential finding below along with links, and screenshots if possible, we will verify, and usually post a fix or provide a replacement file for you to download and install.

FINAL WORDS:
    This release, like all in the past, benefits from the comments and suggestions of our user base and we thank you all in advance.

This thread may see further updates so please check back occasionally.

Best Regards
    Theme Support Team
  • 14 Comments sorted by
  • VERSION 1.2.9.9 CHANGELOG

This release is a mix of tweaks, and includes the major revised Revolution Slider Ver 6 series plugin for which we have some notes below which you should review prior to updating.

1. New: Added New favicons formats for new mobile device.
    2. New: Added Pickup set Favicon size 32x32 from theme settings for admin area
    3. New: Added admin-skin.css file for loading of the set fontface fonts in the admin area. Cufon is disregarded.
    4. New: Added Fallback support for new functions wp_body_open() & is_privacy_policy() when theme runs on wp version below 5.2. Is for plugins that are using these actions.
    5. New: Added support for wp_body_open() in header after body tag start.
    6. New: Added version stamp for loading of skin.css is now set to skin.css file creation date/time.
    7. New: added Meta Items for masonsy shortcode
    8. New: Added default meta items selector setting for masonsy in blog meta items option.
    9. New: Added Filter for meta data date string.
    10. Updated: revslider to version 6.0.9
    11. Updated: Demo content importer script to support Revslider Version 6 and above.
    12. Updated: Admin language file.
    13. Moved: Theme Favicon code into theme sections folder.
    14. Fixed: Woocommerce spinners for grouped products
    15. Fixed: Search Icon cut off in safari MacOS
    16. Fixed: Bug in Striking updater for meta items.
    17. Fixed: Added Woocommerce spinner was wrapping on two lines when product has very long title. Min-width css added.
    18. Removed: Duplicate ID in box_layout_pattern background setting for Body Background.

CHILD THEME USERS:
    There is no change to the simple child theme we supply for free with the theme. If you are an owner of our Advanced Child theme there is a minor update but you can update your main theme build without implementing the child update.

b) Advanced Child Theme: the advanced child is a $25 premium product built by the Striking Team which allows a user to modify a theme file irrespective of its depth in theme code.  If you wish to buy a copy of the Advanced Child please message one of the team members.  Existing advanced child users should contact James (Websys) of the development team by sending a personal forum message to obtain an updated copy.

REVOLUTION SLIDER UPDATE:
    About 3 weeks ago the Revolution Slider underwent a generational change from the Ver 5 series to the Version 6 series. As the changes are very drastic we held off incorporating into MultiFlex until we could see that most of the bugs were cured. HOWEVER, WE ARE STILL FINDING THAT ON SELECT COMPLEX SLIDES SOME LAYERS ARE STILL NEEDING ADJUSTMENT.

In that span of time they have released 10 updates to deal with bugs (hundreds of them resulting in lost sliders, lost layers in sliders and many other issues) but recent testing seems to indicate the plugin is now stable enough that we are comfortable to include it in our theme update.

The interface has drastically changed! They have gone from a light to a dark interface. There are many other changes as well in functionality.

Very important - back up your entire site prior to updating as once you install Version 6 of the Rev Slider you cannot revert (uninstall Ver 6 and reinstall Ver 5). So if you are unhappy with Version 6 or have negative consequences to your slideshows you have to reinstall the backup of your website.

Alternate you could export your sliders in version 5 and import them in version 6 in case you are experiencing issues. But the most important thing todo before updating is making a complete system backup of all your database tables and folders in your website. So if something goes wrong you can revert.

IF YOU ARE REALLY CONCERNED, YOU DO NOT NEED TO INSTALL THE PLUGIN UPDATE! JUST CLICK TO CLOSE THE UPDATE PROMPT IN THE DASHBOARD.

#8 RevSliderVer6-Splash Screen.jpg.jpg
    1722 x 854 - 172K
  • BUG REPORTING

For when we make those "rare" coding mistakes, we will list them here along with our action.

None of you found any bugs in our last release, but eventually we did find a couple of very minor ones, and we fixed 'em! :D :D

So far none in this 1.2.9.9 build but early days!
  • UPDATING BY FTP

Steps to installing by ftp:

1. Download the latest Striking MultiFlex Theme Package from Themeforest to your hard drive.  It is a master zip containing a variety of items, including folders, files and other zips.  Unpack the master zip.
    2. One of the other items you will now see is another zip - striking_r.  Unpack this zip as well.  You will now have a normal folder of the same name sitting on your desktop.
    3. Using your ftp program, open up your site, and on the host side of the ftp window navigate to your website wordpress installation usually found in the "public_html" directory, and from there to the themes directory (wp-content/themes).  You will see you already have a striking_r folder sitting in the theme directory which is your old version of Striking MultiFlex
    4. Simply drag over the striking_r folder from the drive side to the themes folder side dropping it in a white space area.  This is important - make certain you drop the folder in a blank area, not overtop the existing folder!  Depending on your ftp program it may pop up a dialog asking if you wish to overwrite or merge your transfer with the existing striking_r folder to which you click “Yes” and it will proceed with the transfer.
    5. Depending on your connection the transfer may take anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes. &nbsp:You do not need do anything at all during the transfer.
    6. After the transfer is complete, log into your website and navigate to the Striking Advanced Panel ->Admin tab and clear the theme cache using the Clear Cache setting.
    7. ALL DONE!
  • GUTENBERG

Our thoughts on Gutenberg from our December release if you care to read them.

With our theme you do not need to install the Classic Editor plugin! The comment in our last release explains why. The plugin is just some lines of code reactivating the classic editor which is still in the wp core, just suppressed by WordPress for stupid reasons. In our theme we do the work for you. A setting in the Advanced Panel turns off and on Gutenberg.
  • I just upgraded to the latest build with the new Revolution Slider. The slider disappeared entirely from my homepage. When I go to the settings for Revolution Slider, it says the plugin is unregistered and is asking for a code. How do I get past this?
  • Disappearing of the revslider has nothing todo with the registration code. We own the license key. It is not supplied to users who buy striking. It is not needed to have a working slider. Make sure to enable the global loading of the revslider scripts in the global revslider settings. Select the correct slider in the featured header settings of the home page and save the page. If it still does not work get back to us with a pm with wp admin logins. In the worse scenario you will have to recreate your slider.
  • As usual, I did experience a seamless update, but I held off updating Slider Revolution until I've got time to do so carefully as we've got a number of slides with fairly complex timelines.

Loved the new look/handling of the Gutenberg editor ( I finally disabled the Classic editor).

That said, btw, when did WPengine become a budget host? One of my clients has been using it for two sites for a few years now and it's costing him more than $300/month. 8^)

Cheers,

iamjanco
  • iamjanco said:

As usual, I did experience a seamless update, but I held off updating Slider Revolution until I've got time to do so carefully as we've got a number of slides with fairly complex timelines.

Loved the new look/handling of the Gutenberg editor ( I finally disabled the Classic editor).

That said, btw, when did WPengine become a budget host? One of my clients has been using it for two sites for a few years now and it's costing him more than $300/month. 8^)

Cheers,

iamjanco

You are the first person I met who likes Gutenberg. In our WP Champion theme we have integrated Elementor and if using it you realize just how poor Gutenberg is in comparison.

Your client should come to our hosting. The WP Engine catch is that if you want to do anything of substance it costs big money.

Best Regards
    James
  • I'll have to have a look at Elementor (I've read a lot a good things about it). That said, I tend to be old hat and work from the code view. Hard to teach an old dog new tricks ;^).

As for that one client of mine moving from WPengine, he's got a background in IT himself, and still manages his main AWS account. He moved from a few of his WP sites from AWS a few years back to WPengine, and is pretty much okay with keeping things the way they are. He's running his main shop BigCommerce (which I have a number of mixed feelings about, but manage for him as well), after moving it there from an older WP/Magento combo.

He does about $3-4 million a year in sales, so I don't think there'll be much in the way of swaying for or against another move.

As for the site I'm currently using Striking_r with, got a link to the details of your hosting services?

Cheers,

iamjanco
  • Whatever happened to your professional theme? You mentioned it would be shared with the Striking community, but I never saw anything.
  • Hi Mark,

Nothing happened to it. It is still available and will be shortly offered to you.

http://thethemebuilders.com/wp-champion-professional-theme-changelog/

Best regards,
    Striking Team,
    Paul
  • marklang said:

Whatever happened to your professional theme? You mentioned it would be shared with the Striking community, but I never saw anything.

Hi Mark

Ver 3.0 will be the widespread retail release of WP Champion. It is already complete and in testing on various live sites so that we get real world usage feedback.

As we have mentioned in a few prior forum threads Striking users can make a request to us to upgrade anytime. We simply have not been pushing publicly as we still have been busy tweaking and coding.

You will see a notice in your dashboard when the retail sales site is up and running.

Best Regards
    Support Team
    James
  • Thanks for the update. Striking is working well for me. I am not a professional developer -- just someone who has created several websites to support other things I do. Nevertheless, I have been very impressed with your team, and I would consider making a switch if it is not too expensive. I will wait to see when and what you offer.
  • Hi Mark,

It will make your live of designing a website much easier given what champion can do that striking multiflex can not.

Best regards,
    Striking Team,
    Paul
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions