Live Support by team members is Offline and not returning until Saturday April 20.

MultiFlex is WP 3.9 compatible and Release 1.0.3 has been approved by Themeforest and can be downloaded from your TF account..

Striking 5 series is WP 3.9 compatible other then the shortcode button does not work in the Visual Editor.

WPML IS NOT WP 3.9 COMPATIBLE and has serious issues. Do not upgrade to WP 3.9 if using WPML. Also be advised that many other plugins are experiencing very signficant issues with WP 3.9 and you should check with each plugin on their current WP 3.9 status

To insert code use <code>...</code>.
RELEASED- STRIKING RELEASE VER 5.2.1 JULY 18, 2013
  • Striking Release Ver 5.2.1 - JULY 18, 2013

The Striking Team is pleased to release Striking 5.2.1 via our internal theme update mechanism. The full build package is available from Themeforest as well, having been approved about 10AM EST.

The final changelog is as follows:

Added : Yoast breadcrumb support
    Added : Woo breadcrumb support
    Added : image trigger for lightbox shortcode
    Added : alt tag support for image shortcode
    Fixed : blog feature image width issue (reported by “Torstein”)
    Fixed : fix search sidebar issue when no custom sidebar assign
    Fixed : corrected a portfolio id issue in the single portfolio template
    Fixed : fix blog shortcode column issue
    Fixed : fix nivo slider control navigation icons placement issue
    Fixed : fallout submenu on rtl websites issue
    Fixed : google font subset warn issue (reported by lakleeman & Starrgirrl)
    Fixed : Anything Slider sidebar in shortcode with oversized sidebar (reported by Olivier)
    Fixed: Blog shortcode pagination when shortcode used within a single blog post body
    Fixed: Edit of Woo product page
    Changed: Wording of Blog shortcode help fields for Category and Multiple Category settings
    Updated : select2 scripts
    Updated : colorbox scripts

We believe we squashed every bug reported by users and even a few none of you knew about! Or at least we sincerely hope so! :))

Its code. So don't have a heart attack if you find something, just point it out below in a comment, and we will investigate.

This is the final build of Striking Regular that will be available prior to its deprecation from Themeforest when we officially release Striking Responsive. However, we will continue to support Striking Regular via our internal theme update function until we reach that point in the future where either changes in web architecture, wordpress or coding practice make it impractical to continue with updates, or, we see no one updates anymore in our api.

So Striking Regular will see an update when WP updates to version 3.6, and so on. With all the support that the theme and its users have enjoyed since inception.

The current child theme vesion 1.0.3 that was packaged in Striking 5.2 is still applicable for Striking 5.2.1. If you are updating from an older version of Striking and have an older child theme it is absolutely vital you review the update instructions below for Child Theme users prior to updating. IF in doubt, do not update until you have consulted with us! If you take your site down due to improper updating and have a child theme active, we charge a fee for restoration, per the guidelines found in the update help fields in the theme.

Should you find any code errors or functionality issues we ask that you report them in this thread, rather then in the general forum.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

Striking Release Ver 5.2.1 BETA - JULY 16, 2013

Hi please see my post at the bottom of this thread dd July 16 for more details.

Striking Release Ver 5.2 - June 28, 2013

We are pleased to release Striking Ver 5.2 This is a comprehensive maintenance release whose main purpose is to squash any errors that have been reported since the 5.1.9.6 version, and update all scripts to their latest versions to account for browser release updates in IE10, FF, Chrome and Safari. There are some misc additions including the sticky header function. Through your reporting and our efforts and testing, we believe we have eliminated everything reported and we thank you for your assistance on this matter as these reports have greatly assisted in the updating of the Striking theme. As of this moment of writing, we have submitted this version to Themeforest for approval. Once I have finished these posts, I will be activating the API and you will see the update notification appear in your dashboard for those who wish to use the theme .

PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS A COMMENT BELOW FOR CHILD THEME USERS AS THE CHILD THEME HAS BEEN UPDATED.

We have followed every error report and many of you will recognize fixes from your past reports:

Version 5.2.0 - June.28th ‘13
    ===============================================
    Updated : child theme
    Updated : woocommerce 2.0.12 compatible
    updated : mediaelement script
    updated : sticky footer script
    Updated : colorbox lightbox script
    Updated : gmap script
    Updated : Anything slider script
    Updated : accordion slider script
    Updated : google font function
    Fixed : umlauts (ë í ä ) in tabs title with history = on issue
    Fixed : wpmu get_image_src strpos issue
    Fixed : mb_substr error warning
    Fixed : image loading function issue for ie 10
    Fixed : blog readmore button option issue
    Fixed : blog shortcode offset issue
    Fixed : nivo slider opacity control issue
    Fixed : new media panel uploading image function issue
    Fixed : Portfolio ajax function issue
    Added : twitter widget oauth support
    Added : Archive Type Pages Custom Sidebar
    Added : Fixed Height for featured image in single post page
    Added : sticky header support
    Added : filter for theme options array
    Added : flv support for html5 video shortcode generator
    Added : Romanian language

Below this comment I will be posting separate comment for error reporting (which will also note outstanding issues), installation for normal users, and another for Child Theme users. Child theme users should read the child comment very carefully, as the process of updating any site when one has a child theme in place is neither as easy, or as quick as a default install, and requires more expertise. Should you be a child theme user and uncertain what to do, post in the forum.

DEPRECATION OF STRIKING 5.2.1
    This is intended to be the last Themeforest release of the regular version of Striking. In a few days, Striking 5.2.1 will be deprecated off Themeforest in favour of Striking Responsive. However, support for Striking regular will continue indefinitely via our api for updates. So as wordpress, scripts, browsers, etc update requiring maintenance, Striking Regular will see updates via the theme internal update system to continue good function of the 5.2 series. Updates will continue until we see that all legal users have updated to Striking Responsive, however many years that may take, or some dramatic change in web or wordpress architecture makes it unfeasible to continue with updates.

PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING COMMENTS AS I POST THEM FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON REPORTING ERRORS, AND INSTALLATION FOR REGULAR AND CHILD THEME USERS

Version 5.2.1 is what is powering the Themeforest Striking demo site.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

Striking General Panel - Sticky Header.jpg
    1259 x 1019 - 153K
  • 60 Comments sorted by
  • Hi Guys
    I have a little problem and I am quite confident it is my host server, as this happened once before and you ended fixing it for me.
    For memory, last time it was a permissions problem. This time I set all my permissions open to 777, before doing the upgrade in an effort for things to run smoothly as I didn't know which folder to set open and neither did the support guy of my host.

I followed the instructions and I have lost my background colour, although it is still all set correctly on the striking colour page.

I tried several times to turn on clear cache (mine has check boxes not toggles, as someone else mentioned) and saved.

My sliders appear to be ok but when I click on images in pages and portfolios the images appear to have three lines through them.

I know this is not a Striking problem but could you help me out please?
    a. colour background
    b. images with lines
    my errors are:
    The cache folder (/themes/striking/cache) is not writeable.
    The image folder (/themes/striking/cache/images) is not writeable.
    The skin style file (/themes/striking/cache/skin.css) is not writeable.
    (I think the skin style file error is an old one - from last year)
    thank you
    Adele

Hi Adele,

do we have a url where we can see the issue?

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul
  • PROCEDURES FOR ERROR REPORTING

ANY FUTURE FIXES THAT MIGHT BE NECESSARY WILL BE ATTACHED TO THIS COMMENT.

All core errors, or what you suspect are core errors, are to be reported in this version thread, rather then on the open forum, other then any issues you may notice in respect of IE10 -> those please send either Websys or BackuPs a personal message.

This concentrates the error reports in one place hopefully making it easier for everyone to track and discuss. Any code type errors reported on the forum will likely result in us asking you to cross post, and subsequent deletion of the external thread.

If one finds a suspicious or non-conforming behavior, you should provide a url or a screenshot (a url is much preferable as it is the active scripting we really need to see in our developer tools), and if you feel it warranted, indicate in the comment that you have pm'd me (websys) with your wp and ftp admin level logins.

We thank you to pay careful attention to the error posting guidelines as it really does make matters much more difficult to resolve quickly on your behalf when we are jumping back and forth. Insufficient information means no assistance and most likely your comment will be ignored, or possibly deleted.

Known Issues or Reported Errors

If you see an error you are experiencing already reported below, you do not need to report it again via another comment. Just follow for our resolution which will be posted below:

-->> Youtube video - advances while playing - Carryover as not yet resolved. Use manual transitions with navigation enabled, or pause on hover, to help mitigate.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • NEW STRIKING USER AND VER 5.2 IS YOUR FIRST EVER INSTALL:

You would install Striking Ver 5.2 in the same manner as you would install any other wordpress theme. You can install Striking by using the install theme function in your wordpress admin, or by ftp into your host setup. The Document folder contained within your download from Themeforest has a section on installation of the Striking theme.

Go to your Themeforest account and download the Themeforest Striking package. Unzip this package so you can access its contents. You will see several files and folders. One of these is "striking.zip". This is the zip file you will select when using the WP Install Theme function.

It is a large package, so be advised that once you start the installation process, it may take up to 5 minutes for your site to upload and install it. Do not panic if it seems like it is taking a long time! If you go over 15-20 minutes, then you have a problem - in which case you can cancel and try again, or use ftp to install. If all else fails, post a comment and we will get in touch with you.

COMMON INSTALLATION ISSUES:

1) A very common mistake made by new users is that they try to upload the whole zip they have downloaded from themeforest. This results in an error message upon completion of a missing style sheet, or the install fails.

2) Another common installation issue is that the user receives some sort of theme installation failed due to it exceeding a certain memory size, or it just times out or goes on well past the 5 minute mark.

In this instance, your host is likely a shared host (ie you have cheap web hosting) and there is a limit on the size of file you can upload using wordpress.

Your options are to contact your host and ask or an increase in your php memory limit, or to install the theme by ftp.

FALLBACK - INSTALLING STRIKING BY FTP:

If for whatever reason the wp theme install function is not succeeding, one can always install Striking by use of an FTP program such as Cute FTP Pro, Filezilla, etc. This was the traditional way of installing WP themes and most other web software until early 2011, and is still the best method for certain types of situations.

Any questions on installation, please put them in the regular forum, not in this thread for code and core errors.

Happy Striking
    Striking Team
    James
  • EXISTING STRIKING USERS - YOUR CURRENT VERSION INSTALLED IS STRIKING VER 5.1.9.6/5.2 Beta OR EARLIER

For existing users, here is the process depending on if you use a regular Striking installation. The Child theme will be covered in a separate post.

REGULAR USER - NO CHILD THEME IN USE:

1. Go to the Striking Advanced panel and scroll down to the Update Theme section which is at the bottom of the panel.
    2. If you have not previously done so, enter your Themeforest purchase code into the "Item Purchase Code" field. The purchase code is found in a License Certificate document which you obtain from the "Download" section of your Themeforest account. I have attached an image of where you find the certificate. A few lines into that document you will see "Item Purchase Code" and it will be a long string of numbers, letters and dashes. IMPORTANT, DO NOT TRY TO INSTALL THE UPDATE YET. ONLY INPUT THE LICENSE CODE AND MOVE ON TO THE NEXT STEP
    3. Click on the "Save Changes" button after inputting your license code, your panel will refresh after saving and you will see yellow bar with the notification "page saved" appearing at the top of the panel.
    4. Now click on the "Update" button, and your theme should commence the update routine.
    5. Once the update is installed, go immediately to your Striking Advanced Panel, and in the General section go to the "Clear Cache" button and trigger it to "On" and save the panel. This clears the image temp cache folder. IF YOU FAIL TO PERFORM THIS STEP, MOST OF THE IMAGERY ON YOUR SITE SUCH AS SLIDER AND PORTFOLIO FEATURES IMAGES WILL CEASE WORKING!
    6. Now go to your homepage and other site pages and check to confirm that all your images and other media are working successfully.
    7. If you are still having a problem, see the section below "After Update I Have Site Issues"

You should now be successfully updated Striking.

INTERNAL UPDATE FUNCTION FAILED:

There are times when your internal update attempt will fail. The two most common reasons are:

- a plugin or other 3rd party js is interfering with the Striking update script
    - your host has security measures in place which prevent the site from communicating with our api

Sometimes when the above happens, it will not be obvious at all why the internal update mechanism failed. It just will not work!

Never fear. Should you not be able to update this way, then download the nightly build, or download the whole theme again from Themeforest, and install the build or the theme by FTP. The ftp instructions are found in the comment above NEW STRIKING USER AND VER 5.1.9.6 IS YOUR FIRST EVER INSTALL

AFTER UPDATING I HAVE SOME SITE ISSUES

If you find that for some reason, you cannot see your slider images, or your colors are not working, then we suggest:
    • you first go to your Striking Color panel and resave it, and if that does not work, then you may have to check your Cache folder permissions.
    • go to the STRIKING ADVANCED SETTINGS make sure you have set the following toggles:
      1. Turn Use Timthumb OFF
      2. Turn Clear Cache ON
      3. Turn Combine Css OFF
      4. Turn Combine js OFF
      Then save the Advanced Panel, and then check your site.
    • One might want to check one's .htaccess file - some users have added some custom code to their .htaccess file, and this has caused problems with updates. Try temporarily removing the .htaccess file and then resaving one of the panels or pages, plus clearing the cache, to see if that restores everything. If this works, then you will have to go through your .htaccess mods item by item to determine the problem.
    • Plugins: We think by now most users understand that on occasion a plugin can interfere with a theme function. So one of the very first measures a user should undertake after an update, should they find an issue in the use of the Striking theme is to deactivate all plugins and see if that makes a difference. Please note that generally, most security plugins and askimet do not conflict with themes, so you might not need to deactivate them, unless the security plugin rewrites the .htaccess file. If so, deactivate this only as a last resort. In this circumstance, it is ok to message us as per the instruction below, without deactivating, if you are uncertain or uncomfortable about turning off the security.

If all else fails, then please post a message on the regular forum, as installation is not typically a code related matter but usage related.

Happy Striking
    Striking Team
    James
  • CHILD THEME USERS - NEW CHILD THEME VER 1.0.3 UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS

Child users have a completely different update process!! Please read carefully. This striking version has a new child theme due to a changes in several files including the functions.php file found in the Child. The new child version can be obtained by logging into your Themeforest account and downloading the Striking Theme - and pending TF approval, at our download link noted in the initial thread post.

All child theme users have to:
    - deactivate the child switching to the Striking default.
    - save their custom coding they have in their child to their local machine.
    - remove the old child theme by deleting it.
    - update regular striking, which they can do within their theme dashboard or by ftp
    - upload the new child by ftp and redo your changes (which you have saved before) import those changes into the new child (which you could also have done local on your pc prior to the upload by ftp)
    - clear their cache for regular striking
    - activate the child, and clear cache again
    - confirm everything working.

The above is the recommended way to update a child theme.

Anyone who is unfamiliar with the child updating process may wish to contact us first.

Prior to making any changes, unpack your theme forest download, and unpack the child zip, and confirm that you have version 1.0.3 by opening the style.css file. If you have a different version, or are missing it, send me a pm.

We know we have many users who had sites professionally developed by a 3rd party, and a child was used, but they are unaware. So if in doubt, check with us first!

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Hi

I just discovered a small issue for the search result page when a sidebar layout has been chozen and no custom sidebar has been created.

The search result page does not revert to the default (blog) sidebar content, like the other archives types do.

If you dont mind creating a custom sidebar and assign that to the search resultpage in the striking sidebar settings you dont have todo anything except creating a custom sidebar by the theme ability and set it to the search result page sidebar settings.

However if you dont want to do so or use this ability i changed the code so it reverts back to the default blog sidebar and loads its content.

For this you need to upload the file from attached zip into the striking/framework/helpers folder and overwrite the one which is in there.

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul
    search-sidebar.zip
  • After updating, I get the following error at the top of the page - above the header:

Warning: array_slice() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home/larry/public_html/cf-striking/wp-content/themes/striking/framework/plugins/google_font/google_font.php on line 236

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/larry/public_html/cf-striking/wp-content/themes/striking/framework/functions/head.php on line 107

Hi

i can not confirm the issue.

pls add this to your wp-config.php

ini_set ('display_errors', 'off');

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul
  • I'm am also receiving the same error.

I cleared the cache and deactivated all the plugins and the error remains.

I added the code above to remove...

Thank you!

Hi

Can you send us ftp and admin login details in a pm.

Please include :

1) a link to this thread so in know what this is about.
    2) As much details/information about the problem as possible
    3) links to the affected page(s)

You can send me a pm at Backups

On the left there is a link (option) saying :

"Send BackuPs a Message".

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul

• Hi lakleeman & Starrgirrl

The error you are generating appears to be related to google fonts, and subsets of the font you have active at this time.

I ask both of you to try the following:

1) go to your google font tab in the font panel
    2) turn off google font replacment for all descriptive types (if you have it ON) and save the panel. Now check if that removes the warnings. If not..
    3) then turn off google fonts period and save the panel again, so that google fonts are no longer active. Now check to see if the warning is gone.

Please then report back to me.

Something you can try if the above does remove the warnings, is to then clear the Striking advanced cache, and then try reactivating the google font, and see if the warning reappears.

Please let me know the outcome. I am going to try to generate this error myself as well. If you could advise me of the google fonts you have active, that would be beneficial.

BTW, we strongly, strongly, strongly(!) recommend users avoid using google fonts, and use fontface instead. Fontface is superior to google fonts for use in a website in every respect due to speed and reduced scripting burden. Google fonts may be the flavour of the day, but were a designer to approach me for building a site and recommend

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

• Hello,

I purchased the WP Striking theme (REGULAR USER) on June 26th, and was in the beginning phases of creating my page when I seen there was an update available. I was in the midst of creating an according slider on my homepage when I installed the update. After the update, the images did not show on my according slider, the captions showed at the bottom of the picture box, but the picture area kept showing a "loading" circle and never uploaded the images.
    I have gone to the extent of deleting my images and tried to "add new" once again, however, since the upgrade I am not able to "add media".
    Since the upgrade, I no longer have any trigger switches, nor do I have any of the other page setting triggers or levers as what the previous version had on my theme. Instead, now I have "check boxes", which will not allow me to make any changes either. For example, for the "Clear Cache" portion of the advanced settings, I have a "check box" instead of an on/off trigger. When I click on "clear cache" to mark it to make the changes, and then go to "save changes" on the bottom of the page, it does not save the changes and then the box is no longer checked.
    It seems that since the update, everything has changed or gone wrong with my page. Even though I am in the beginning phases of my website building process, I am at a total loss as to what is needed to be done to correct the issue.
    I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks!
    ---------------------
    Hi Tiffany

I am going to send you a message via the forum messaging function, and you will see it in your inbox shortly.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

Issues for this user resolved. It had to do with the browser they were using and its plugins. Tiffany posted a comment below advising of this matter.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • after updating the site no longer appear - white sheet
    -------------
    Hi Izobiliel

I am going to send you a pm with a request for your logins so I can determine the issue. I bet that you had a child theme in place, and forgot to deactivate it prior to installing the update. That is the normal cause of the white screen of death, despite the fact we provided explicit instructions in both the update help fields, and in the update notice, about what to do if running a child theme.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • I just upgrade and found 2 things instantly.

1- Lightbox images have an horrible border for close, next and pervious.
    2- I also have just checkboxes as @tiffanytrendz

Will continue checking tomorrow.
    ------------------------
    Hi Polle

I do not yet have logins from Tiffany so I cannot yet say what might be the issue.

I attach how the ligthbox comes up in 5.2, and if you are seeing something different, then something else is at work. I can discern nothing horrible about the border per the shot below, it is the same as it has always been.

We are tracking at several hundred updates performed via the api already, so I am suspecting that there is something else at play. Regretfully, i have 3 posts, but not a single url for me even to surf over and take a look at matters.

I actually think Tiffany's issue might simply be that she has to clear her browser cache, as her matters sound like webkit based browser type caching.

Hope springs eternal that someone will actually give me the info i need (url at a minimum, or screenshots) so that I can provide help.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
    lightbox borders.jpg
    943 x 535 - 221K
  • I just upgraded to the latest release, and I am having issues with adding images to the slider or pages/posts. I have deactivated all plugins and cleared my cache several times and still have the issue. Also, I am having the same issue as tiffanytrendz , "Since the upgrade, I no longer have any trigger switches, nor do I have any of the other page setting triggers or levers as what the previous version had on my theme. Instead, now I have "check boxes", which will not allow me to make any changes either. For example, for the "Clear Cache" portion of the advanced settings, I have a "check box" instead of an on/off trigger. When I click on "clear cache" to mark it to make the changes, and then go to "save changes" on the bottom of the page, it does not save the changes and then the box is no longer checked."

Later added:

Plus, having an issue with the google map option. This is my code for google map
    [gmap address= 2701 E.Fowler Ave., Tampa FL 33613" zoom="15"]

But, the attached image is what shows, instead of the correct image.
    ----------------------------
    Hi gulashgraphics

Can you please send me a personal message - click on my name and then the link to send me a personal message, with your wp and ftp logins.

You can send me a pm at websys

"Send Websys a Message".

But it sounds to me like you are using chrome or safari, and have a browser caching issue with the browser. The solution here is to clear the browser cache and history using the browser settings. I would go one step better and install Ccleaner, a free program, and give your computer a good cleaning with it. Set it to automatically clean everything.

Try that first, and if it does not work then send me your passwords and I will surf over. I think the 3 of you above who are reporting this issue all have exactly the same problem. I am anxious to see what it is as these are the only reports in about 2200 updates so far.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
    googlemap.png
    630 x 407 - 421K
  • I used the internal update function as I have previously to update striking, but after the update I went to clear the cache as suggested and found that I can not access any of the wordpress dashboard, 404 error page not found. Website still comes up but without colors. Can not access Wordpress dashboard though to manange anything.
    -------------
    I used FTP to rename the striking folder under themes and now have access to the dashboard. Tried loading new version through the install new themes component of the dashboard but got the same issue, so I will try installing the theme from FTP.
    I found a previous version of Striking v. 5.1.7 and reinstalled that, so I am up and running again.
    -------------
    Hi Kevin

I am very curious about what is happening here, and if you could send me a pm with your skype so i can contact you it would be greatly appreciated. At least provide me with a url!

thanks
    James
  • I want to take a moment to thank the Striking Team Troubleshooter James for assisting me throughout the weekend with the items I was having trouble with since the upgrade. Since I am a new customer, this comes with much appreciation to know that I have an awesome Striking support team to reference to, and that will continue to assist me until my issues are fully resolved....including assisting me with additional items that I wasn't aware of, in order for me webpage to be "fully functional".
    You're awesome James....I can't thank you enough!
  • Hello,

Using WP 3.5.2 all plugins uptdate.

My issues are:

1) When I tried to attache an image in a post the window to select images or upload not appears
    2) When I try to insert a link in the post and update, the post became blank no info recorded

I tried to desactivate all plugins and clean cache and the issue remains, but when I change the theme to Twenty eleven all goes ok.

My site is joanvendrell.com

Thanks
  • Hi All

Two things:

I will release an update of 5.2 -> now version 5.2.1 which tackles a few of the actual errors we have found amidst all the reports we have received (which have mostly been user error related).

There are a few users who have sent us pm's and we have not yet got to you. Please be patient. The volume has been significant, and it takes some time to work through some of the matters - we are running at about 15 reports for every actual issue, the other 14 being some sort of user matter, server matter, plugin matter, etc -> they all take time to sort out and fix, even if not theme related.

the update so far contains:

1) added the search default sidebar
    2) added yoast breadcrumb support
    3) corrected the featured image resizing issue for blogposts
    4) corrected a portfolio id issue in the single portfolio template

There will undoubtedly be another mini update/interim build or two we post only this way via the download link at our support site, and then we will bundle all the fixes and release formally via themeforest and the api once we are sure we have captured all the actual issues.

So its by no means mandatory to perform this update. You can wait until we are done a couple of days from now if you so choose.

I will update this comment when i have posted the update.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Hi,

just updated one of my sites to 5.20 and got this issuses:

1. Shortcode inserted blog will not respect the "width" attribute. My blog thumbnails should be width="90" height="128", but are now square...

2. The controlls for the Nivo slider are now at the bottom of the page (see screenshot). Should be close to slider.

www.larsmahle.no

Best regards,
    Torstein
    ------------------------
    Hi

The issue is fixed in the current versions which is not yet released.

[blog column="3" imageType="left" count="4" width="95" height="128" grid="true" nopaging="true"]

as for the controls you are right. thanks for pointing it out. We will fix it.

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul

-------------
    Thanks for the quick feedback Paul.

Torstein
    larsmahle.no.png
    1104 x 1271 - 232K
  • Websys said:

Hi All

Two things:

I will release an update of 5.2 -> now version 5.2.1 which tackles a few of the actual errors we have found amidst all the reports we have received (which have mostly been user error related).

There are a few users who have sent us pm's and we have not yet got to you. Please be patient. The volume has been significant, and it takes some time to work through some of the matters - we are running at about 15 reports for every actual issue, the other 14 being some sort of user matter, server matter, plugin matter, etc -> they all take time to sort out and fix, even if not theme related.

the update so far contains:

1) added the search default sidebar
    2) added yoast breadcrumb support
    3) corrected the featured image resizing issue for blogposts
    4) corrected a portfolio id issue in the single portfolio template

There will undoubtedly be another mini update/interim build or two we post only this way via the download link at our support site, and then we will bundle all the fixes and release formally via themeforest and the api once we are sure we have captured all the actual issues.

So its by no means mandatory to perform this update. You can wait until we are done a couple of days from now if you so choose.

I will update this comment when i have posted the update.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

We have not updated to 5.2.0, as we have several customizations that have to be compared and modified in DiffMerge. Should we update to 5.2.0 and wait for interim release 5.2.1, or just wait for the complete update 5.2.1?

~C
    ---------------
    Hi Colette:

Wait for 5.2.1, which I am holding in the gate at this moment until prob Wed or Thurs. We have fixed both the controls issue and the height matter. We are just trolling waiting for other feedback on stuff, before we push it out. We want 5.2.1 to be the last version if possible prior to deprecation.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

• I installed the update the way I normally have done in the past: I clicked "UPDATE TO VERSION 5.2" under the advanced tab in the Striking section of my dashboard. I received a message saying it was "successfully updated", but when I clicked to go to another section of my dashboard, I get a a blank screen. The same happens if I try to access my site via the address bar using both Chrome and Safari. It's like it just vanished. What can I do to fix this?? I can't even get to the WP login screen http://www.virtualshelley.com/wp-admin
    ------------------
    Hi cocaobaby

The symptoms you have described are normally those of someone who has a child theme in place. If one updates a site, but has a child theme, and does not deactivate the child prior to updating, the site crashes completely. We warn in the update message that you see in your panel to carefully review the thread on updating prior to commencing.

We did have two other users who crashed for reasons other then having a child in place, out of about 3500 so far (which btw is a superb update success ratio). One turned out to be a server related problem, not theme related, leaving one we still have some detective work to do. I doubt you are anomaly #2 but who knows, you might even be more special then you think! :D

Please click on my name which will bring you to my profile page. Then the link to send me a personal message.

Please send me your wp and ftp admins, and your skype id so I have a way to contact you.

I have to have the ftp as I have to to to the host and check out your file structure. Right away I will obtain answers after seeing it. I will get you back on line, even if I have to back you down to the prior version.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

----------------------
    Hi Everyone

Shelley's issues had to do with a corrupt install of Wordpress Core 3.5.2, plus some non-compatible plugins, along with a number of other matters. I went in and fixed them all and she is up and running again. The issues were not theme related.

Thank you for the kind words at Themeforest Shelley, much appreciated.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • I am trying this release out locally and get 500 error for homepage only. Ran error log and it says PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_page_template_slug() ?
  • Hope 5.2.1 will be available soon...

Best,
    Torstein
  • Hello,

I upgraded and I've noticed that the logo/tagline spacing is now "wrong". Not sure if the logo moved downwards, or the tagline moved upwards, but there's no space between them now:

http://www.stormymondays.com/
    Hi

try this

#site_description {
    margin-top: 10px;
    }

Please put this custom css code into the custom css field of the striking general settings.

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul
  • Just want to let everyone know that the instructions associated with upgrading a child-themed version of Striking Standard (non-responsive) to 5.2 work like a champ: see the example at http://ultimatepoolcare.com/

Cheers,

Jan C
    ------------------
    Hi Jan

Thank you for the kind feedback. Its so pleasant to read a positive "it worked" for once. As we work through the posts, some users have found isolated errors, but all the instances where something major has happened have been attributable to matters other then Striking. Although it has taken some real sweat equity to confirm that in at least 3 sites I have gone into so far.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Found a small change in the style / css that made slight booboo in the site that i was working on.

/* Image inside */
    a img, th img, td img {
    vertical-align: top;
    }

Images inside A tags, images that sort of function as a button, have a different alignment now. It screwed with the alignment of a series of pictures we used on the site. Not sure if intentional but its fixable in custom css if needed :)
  • Hello,

My admin panels stopped working as soon as I upgraded the website. I need help ASAP! I am not sure if I should start a new thread to report my problem instead.

My website is: http://www.sauryaenertech.com

I am getting 500 Error. I use W3 total cache, S2 Member and Yoast. Not sure if plugins are causing the problem.

Hi

Your link is not throwing a 500 error to me.

did you follow ALL update instructions and cleared the browser cache and striking cache as James described here on the forum?

I would have for sure emptied out the w3 cache and turn it off before updating.....

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul
  • I am having the same problem as tiffanytrendz had but there was no solution given?
    When I press the "add media" button nothing happens. When I make another theme active then it works just fine. Any ideas?
    --------------
    Hi JJ

Tiffany had a wide variety of issues in her setup, it took me some time to straighten them all out. It seems that if she was in Windows 8, using IE10, with some addons in IE10, then she had a clickability issue. But that was only one of her matters.

Just to be on the safe side, amongst other things we installed mozilla (firefox) on her machine, plus i fixed her wp install, plus about a gazillion other things from what i recall, and she is up and running now.

It depends on the theme you have active. The default wp themes lack both js and css3 that is used in Striking. My assessment is that something we use in Striking is not yet supported by the js and css interpreters in IE10. Although if the problem is with the Add Media button, then I become puzzled.

I would have to go into your setup to even attempt a diagnosis. It would be quite time consuming. In the interim, I recommend you use a different browser and let me know the result. If this does not work, then please send me a pm with your skype id and wp and ftp logins so that I can hop in with you and attempt to determine the issue.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • HI EVERYONE!

We have a beta of 5.2.1 which addresses the following issues:

Version 5.2.1
    ===============================================
    Fixed : blog feature image width issue (Torstein above)
    Fixed : fix search sidebar issue when no custom sidebar assign (BackuPs/Paul above)
    Added : added yoast breadcrumb support
    Fixed : corrected a portfolio id issue in the single portfolio template (cporter117)
    Fixed : fix blog shortcode column issue
    Fixed : fix nivo slider control bar issue
    Added : image trigger for lightbox shortcode
    Fixed : fallout submenu on rtl websites issue
    Fixed : google font subset warn issue (per users lakleeman & Starrgirrl report above)
    Fixed : Anything Slider sidebar in shortcode with oversized sidebar (user Olivier)
    Updated : select2 scripts
    Updated : colorbox scripts

We have not released it yet as we found one other matter in testing we still have to resolve, if one creates a bloglist in a single blog post (so one is viewing a blog post and in the post body there is another blog shortcode that has been inserted as part of the post content) the shortcode is not paginating if one sets it to show a single category and has pagination. As well, if one sets the shortcode to show multiple categories, it fails.

This only effects users who might have a blog shortcode embedded within a single blog post, a very isolated set of circumstances -> I am only aware of a half dozen users who have this in use.

We have held the official release back, but have posted the beta with the above caveats so that anyone who wants to install and provide feedback can do so. It is found at out striking original beta download site:

Striking 5.2.1 Beta

It is likely we will have the formal release within 24 hrs but in the interim we hope this is of use to those who are interested.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Broken link to update - what to do, what to do?
    ---------
    Hi Norman

Not a broken link I think but the validation was failing? The link works just fine to the site. The validation matter is now fixed.

But! I have taken down the beta as we are in the process of adding to it. Give me another hour or so, and it will be back up. Just check back every so often. We fixed the bloglist issue plus some other stuff so we are updating the package now.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • I am trying to update my version from my WP dashboard since many features are not working. When I click on "Update your striking theme" Nothing happens. Can you help?

Hi,

We are working in it. Try again later or tomorrow.

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul
  • Hi Striking Universe

We have formally released Striking 5.2.1 via our internal theme update mechanism. It can be up to a few days for Themeforest to approve the official version. The thread header will advise when the full build package is available at Themeforest.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Hi, I've had some issues since 5.2 and later versions were released:

- Anything slider with sidebar: I'm using WPML for translations, but don't translate sliders as only a few of them use sidebars or captions. Instead I've created different slider categories for different languages. (Home, HomeDE, HomeNL and so on). On my homepage, only the default language slider items shows up on all translated versions, even though I've set the slider category to HomeDE or HomeNL. At first I thought it was my previous translation plugin Polylang that caused it, so I switched to WPML, but it didn't solve it.

- Double content div: On one of my pages, the content div is duplicated, so the page displays the content twice. This has to my knowledge only occurred at one page on my website, and the content is text and nivo slideshows only. The bug applies to all translations of the page. Weird, huh? http://www.hardanger-resort.com/en/experiences/excursions-by-boat/

Cheers,
    Solveig
    ______
    I've found the double content div on other pages using nivo slideshows as well.

Hi

Can you send us ftp and admin login details in a pm?

You can send James a pm at websys

"Send Websys a Message".

Please include :

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul
  • Not sure why, but I am unable to use the "Insert Shortcode" tool on Pages. When I click on a shortcode to insert, the browser window dims and nothing happens. I've tried using IE11 and Chrome on Windows 8.1 and Chrome on OS X 10.6.8. Still the same result. Any ideas?

This has been happening since Striking 5.2 and now on 5.2.1. I'm using WordPress 3.5.2
    ----------
    Hi Justin

99.9% of the time when this happens it is a plugin js conflict. But to confirm we would need to log into your site and test.

But you can do this now. Have you tried disabling plugins and then checking the function?

What happens when you are in your site in a windows 7 or 8 environment, using IE10, or Chrome or Mozilla?

We have chrome on an apple with OS 10.6.8 and have no issues with any functionality to the best of our knowledge.

Internet explorer 11 and windows 8.1 are both in preview mode at this time and are not officially supported by Striking. This of course will change at a future date but at this time we cannot opine as to whether the issue might be related to the browser or operating system you are using.

Will follow for your response, which you can post in this comment by editing it, rather then generating a new comment below.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

----------
    James,

I uninstalled all of the plugins that I don't use. There is only one left that wasn't installed until after my problems began to occur. After uninstalling said plugins the problem is still present on both machines that I tested on.

I also tested on a Windows 8 PC with IE10 and the problem was still there. Not sure what's going on.

Justin

James,

Not sure what happened, but I downgraded to WordPress version 3.5.1. Everything seems to be working now. Something must have gone wrong during the update. I'll try to upgrade again later.

Justin
  • Hello,

I just updated to version 5.2 the other day and am experiencing difficulties with all my menu options. When I click on them nothing happens including the "upgrade your striking theme" so I am unable to update to 5.2.1 (not sure if 5.2 is what's causing the issue.) I saw some other people were having similar problems, but am not sure if it was resolved.

Thanks!

Hi

if the auto update doe snot work please update by ftp.

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul

here are the instructions.

if you did hardcoded changes to the current theme which is in your wordpress then you will have to save them first and redo them later again to latest downloaded version.

You can download the latest version of the theme from themeforest in your themeforest account.

Once downloaded then unpack the download locally on your pc , unpack also the striking.zip which is in there locally on your pc.

Now redo your hardcoded changes if any to the newly downloaded and unpacked theme.

Now upload that unpacked (striking) folder with all its subfolders by ftp (you can use free ftp programs like filezilla or winscp for this) into the wp-content/themes folder overwriting the /striking theme(folder) which is already in there.

After the update goto the striking advanced settings.

1) turn off timthumb
    2) turn on clear cache
    3) save the settings.

if you experiencing any problems with images. Go again to the striking advanced settings

1) turn off combine css
    2) turn off combine js
    3) turn off move js to the bottom
    4) save the settings.

• Just upgraded to v5.2.1 using the auto update function, cleared the cache, but there is still the banner at the top of the screen telling me to update to 5.2.1! I've tried clearing all caches again (Striking, browser, W3TC, etc) but it's still there. When I go to Appearance > Themes my Striking version is shown as 5.2.1 so why is it still telling me to update?

Also can you elaborate with regards to what has changed with the Woo and Yoast breadcrumbs support please? I added custom functions previously to get these to work as I wanted so guess I can now remove this. Are there any new options I need to turn on or off? Exactly what has changed in the latest version?

Cheers, James :)

Hi James,

Can you please try to update by ftp? If that does not resolve the issue get back to us and send us ftp and admin logindetails in a pm with info on what it is about.

Thank yoou

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul

here are the instructions.

if you did hardcoded changes to the current theme which is in your wordpress then you will have to save them first and redo them later again to latest downloaded version.

You can download the latest version of the theme from themeforest in your themeforest account.

Once downloaded then unpack the download locally on your pc , unpack also the striking.zip which is in there locally on your pc.

Now redo your hardcoded changes if any to the newly downloaded and unpacked theme.

Now upload that unpacked (striking) folder with all its subfolders by ftp (you can use free ftp programs like filezilla or winscp for this) into the wp-content/themes folder overwriting the /striking theme(folder) which is already in there.

After the update goto the striking advanced settings.

1) turn off timthumb
    2) turn on clear cache
    3) save the settings.

if you experiencing any problems with images. Go again to the striking advanced settings

1) turn off combine css
    2) turn off combine js
    3) turn off move js to the bottom
    4) save the settings.

Capture.JPG
    1142 x 373 - 48K
  • Hi,

blog thumbnails looks good now.

...but a new issue with the Nivo slider navigation transparency have turned up... I get a white box above and behind the navigation buttons (transparent png). See screenshot.

I have cleared the cache. Tested on Mac: Safari, Firefox, Chrome.

Best,
    Torstein

Hi

can you provide

1) a url to the page/website?
    2) the code used in that page?

To paste them correctly in to the forum thread please embed your (css/short/php/html) code into code tags.

<code> </code>

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul

Nivo.png
    1103 x 836 - 645K
  • Hi Guys,

I was having issues being able to click on my Striking menu options as well as uploading images. I used FTP to update to 5.2.1 and followed your instructions with the advanced settings, but I still cannot access my menu options or upload photos. Whenever I click on anything nothing happens. Thanks in advance for the help!
    ---------------------
    Hi

pls try....

1) turn off all plugins,
    2) clear the striking cache.
    3) clear the browser cache.

Best regards,
    Paul
  • Here is the site and code....

http://larsmahle.no

In page:
    [slideshow type="nivo" width="587" height="241" controlNav="true" pauseOnHover="true" pauseTime="12000" align="center"]
    http://larsmahle.no/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/den_morke_porten.png
    http://larsmahle.no/1-bilder/slide5.png
    http://larsmahle.no/1-bilder/slide1.png
    http://larsmahle.no/1-bilder/slide2.png
    http://larsmahle.no/1-bilder/slide3.png
    http://larsmahle.no/1-bilder/slide4.png

Cstom CSS:
    .nivo-controlNav {
    position:absolute;
    bottom:-4px;
    right:0px;
    padding:0px 0px;
    z-index:102;
    }

Hi

add this

.home .nivoslider_wrap {
    background-color: transparent !important;
    }

or when you want to apply it everywhere

.nivoslider_wrap {
    background-color: transparent !important;
    }

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul

• hello again
    not sure if you missed my question above. I have deactivated some of the plugins and now the lines in my images have disappeared and back to normal but I still don't have my background colour but I do have toggles on my back end now and toggled on clear cache but the colour has still not come back. Could you give me a hand please.
    thanks in advance
    Adele

Hi Adele,

can you supply us a url to the pages so we can see what is going on. You can also send us ftp and admin login details in a pm and please include as much info as possible.

Please include :

You can send James a pm at websys

"Send Websys a Message".

Best regards,
    James, Paul
    Striking Team
  • Greetings James!

After upgrading, we are also unable to use the "Add Media" button - when creating a new page. Could you please check into this for us? :)>-

Hi biz

Please send us admin and ftp login details either to me or james in a pm..include details wat it is about.

Or skype them to me or james as you have our skype addresses.

Best regards, Paul, Striking Team

------------
    Hi

Is this resolved? I think you have my skype so you should skype me.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Hi James,

When I tried to do the Striking upgrade 5.2.1 I get the following error:

Unpacking the package…

The package could not be installed.: PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

Installation Failed

Do you know how to resolve this upgrade issue?

Regards,
    Denise
    ----------
    Hi Denise

That is a server related error. You will have to download 5.2.1 from your themeforest account and install 5.2.1 by ftp.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

------------------

Okay thank you James!
    ----------
    James

Do you have instructions how to do a FTP theme upgrade? I have never done this before and don't want to screw it up ツ

Denise
  • Hi,

I have a older version of Striking, Version 4.0.1. I'd like to upgrade to this newest one, especially to be ready for the responsive version.
    Are there any precautions I should take above and beyond the usual back up of database?

Thank you for your reply.
    peter
    ----------------
    Hi Peter

Updating from the 4 series is not that big of a deal. Do the following:

1) copy any custom css you have into a text document (easy 10 second task)
    2) go to the Striking Advanced panel, Import and Export section, and export all the code you see into a text document (right click in the export area, then "select all", copy and paste, again easy 10 second task)
    3) update your wp to 3.5.2
    4) update all your plugins
    5) make a backup of your db or confirm with your host they have a complete backup (which any good host has).
    6) install the latest Striking Version by ftp.
    7) Immediately after installation, go to the Striking Advanced Panel/General Tab, and you will see two settings. The first one is to turn Timthumb Off. If Timthumb is ON, turn it OFF. Also the next setting is to Clear Cache, turn it ON. Now save.
    8) Go to your website, you should be in the clear.

Reply back advising on your outcome.

Best regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • James - thank you!
    It looks like I am all up to date, all good. Appreciate the detailed reply.
    peter
    -------------

Good to hear!

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Hi James,

I FINALLY updated to 5.2.1 with help, but am having a few problems. The issue for me that is the most pressing is my drop down menus have stopped working. They no longer drop down. I tried going to the general settings, but can only access general settings. The navigation menu options as well as all of the other tabs under settings won't open. Timthumb is off, I've cleared the cache and I've tried disabling all plugins, but this problem remains. I'm running the new Optimize Press plugin, which I thought was surely causing the problem as they are not playing together nicely at all, but when I disable that one (among others) the problem continues. I'm at http://www.nourishedhealth.com/. Thanks for any help!

Hi

this is what i see. It looks ok to me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

pls advice.

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul

• Thanks Paul. I have no idea why, but all of a sudden the drop down menus are working, but at the same time the slideshow stopped working. I'm very confused. That said, in the Striking General Settings, it still won't open anything for me but the "general header settings". The "navigation menu options" and all the other menu items are still not opening for me. Thanks so much for your help with this.
  • And now the slideshow is working. I'm not sure what is going on. Perhaps its an issue with my computer. Thanks
  • Hi Katie

Can you try a different browser please. I want to rule out that you are simply being victimized by browser caching on your local machine. You will be pleased to know I visited your site, in all 3 major browsers, and everything is just fine -> menus, sliders and images all A-OK!

I think you just have a local host issue. Try downloading Ccleaner from download.com and using it to clean up your browsers.

Let us know the outcome.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Thanks James! You are right! It is not working for me on Google Chrome but is working on Firefox. I ran Ccleaner, but it is still not working, but at least now I know it is my computer and not the website so thank you so much for clearing that up for me and being so responsive. You guys are really incredible!

Hi Nh,

I just checked chrome and ie10 also and its working just fine. No issues to be detected.

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul

• Hi,

I've just updated to the latest version and it's thrown my site all over the place.

It's duplicated and added the sign up form next to the three top boxes at the top which I can't understand as they're 1/3 column shortcodes (In other words I now have four columns when there should only be three and below that the boxes are all merging together. It should just have 3 books at the top, 3 beneath (with two coming soon) and below that the sign up and text blurb with the dog photo. If you upload the last version, you'll see what it should look like.

I tried the cache setting in general and followed any other advice. It's the first time I've had any issues when upgrading.

I uploaded an older version and it goes back to normal again. Here it is now, you'll see what I mean....www.theadventuresofblue.com

If you want my login etc, I'll be more than happy to send it.

Many thanks,

Richard.

• ... when I click on images in pages and portfolios the images appear to have three lines through them...

I have the same issue. Workaround is:

Go to Striking\General\Custom CSS Settings\

Put this in the custom css area of the striking theme:
    #cboxPrevious, #cboxNext, #cboxClose {border: none !important;}

---EDIT---
    Also control navigation buttons for nivo slider shifted below for me AFTER upgrading from 5.2.0 to 5.2.1, and do not hide on hover out. So moving back to 5.2.0 for now. Viewed in Chrome.

Hi,

Can you remove the custom css and supply a url where we can see the issue? Thank you !!

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion