To insert code in a forum thread or comment wrap it in code tags : <code>...</code>.
Can't get slider to work
  • I am using Xampp on my own computer to simulate a hosting server. This way I developed several websites. However I started using "Striking" to reimplement one of my websites using xampp. The problem is that I can't get the sliders to work. I see he navigation buttons in he image field but not the images themself. I noticed that Striking needs GD-Librairy but can't find it in the xampp implementation on my system. Nor do I know if I cab implement it myself. Anybody have an idee?
  • 7 Comments sorted by
  • Hi

xampp support gd lib as far as i know, as many themes and plugins use the gdlibrary.

GD lib is a addon to the php code.

http://www.google.com/search?q=xampp+gd+library+enabled

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul

• Paul,
    If so have you any idea as to why my slider does not work? Can I find GD librairy somewhere in the PHP folders?
  • Maybe I don't understand, or can't differentiate, between Categories, Portefolio and Slider items and what their function is. Sofar when I have uploaded 5 slides as separate slide items and when I previeuw the site I see the names of the slide-item pas by but not the images.
  • Hi Ben

I have wampserver installed, and in my last use of it had no issues. I will do another wampserver test in the next 2 days, but we many designers who use wamp, and none have reported any issues.

Given what you just reported in your more recent post, it sounds like you have a permissions issue if I understood your problem correctly.

If you message me and include your skype, on Tues or Wed we might be able to do a screenshare. I regret I cannot do this today.

A category is a grouping of like kinds of items. A portfolio is a post type, but one can accumulate single portfolio items into a category, and use the portfolio shortcode to display either a single portfolio item, all the items in a category, or more then one category. A slider item is also a post type, and again, one can put slider items into a group/category.

One can use the sliders then to display the items in a slider category, or several categories. In Striking, one can also display blog and portfolio categories ->in this case the featured image of each post in the category will display.

The above is a lot to chew on, I hope I was clear.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • I would like to screenshare but have not been using Skype before. Is this waht you need?
    marijenben@outlook.com
  • Huray, slider works now. Loaded the image in de body of the slider item instead of with the buttom "featured image". Thanks for the help.

Ben
  • Hi,

If you like the support we appreciate your feedback. Please rate our theme at themeforest (beside your theme download button) and if you have some time left put in a nice comment at the striking comments section (the latter i have a link for you. However for the download button you will have togo into your profile at themeforest).

http://themeforest.net/item/striking-premium-corporate-portfolio-wp-theme/discussion/128763

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

for the rating please look into your download section in your profile beside the striking download button.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thank you !!

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions