To insert code in a forum thread or comment wrap it in code tags : <code>...</code>.
Divide Menu
  • I am doing a small update to my site I am going to put the Logo back on top of the page along with the navigation bar. I would like to divide the navigation bar to have 3 buttons on each side of the logo. How can I do this? Right now they all are forced to stay next to each other.

www.jonmphotography.com

Thanks,
    Jon
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • Hi Jon,

if you know the menu id..... which you can look up into the page source code you can try to add margin to that menu item

#menu-item-6896 > a {
    margin-right: 550px;
    }

Please put this custom css code into the custom css field of the striking general settings.

the menu id can be found by pressing ctrl+u in firefox while viewing the page and looking for your menu item in the source code.

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul
  • Thank you, it did exactly what i was looking for. There is one side effect. The button I moved blocks my logo from linking to the homepage. Its as if the button got stretched, and when my mouse is over the logo, its getting blocked and activating the hover over the "life" button.

Take a look. www.jonmphotography.com. Is there a way to fix this.

Thanks,
    Jon
  • Hi Jon,

1) your logo is to big. it should be like this 212px x 80px

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2) after that position it by css

#logo {left :370px;
    z-index:300;
    width:220px;
    }

Please put this custom css code into the custom css field of the striking general settings.

3) set your header inner background color to white by css or by the striking color settings. Make sure the logo bg color matches that color or make your logo bg color transparant.

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions