To insert code in a forum thread or comment wrap it in code tags : <code>...</code>.
Secondary Blog | Issue with featured image width
  • Hi so I made a secondary blog on my site and I uploaded a featured image to the post but when I go an look at it under the secondary blog page it only shows a portion of the picture unlike my main blog. Here is the link of how it looks: http://lifescrazy.com/blog-2/

You will see what I mean when you go to the page. I was just wondering if there was a way to make it look just like it does in the main blog, where you can see the whole featured image as a thumbnail.

Thanks,

Luciano
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • I didn't think it was possible to have 2 blogs on a site Unless maybe you do something like this. Found this on wp support:

Create a new category of 'News' and select it for each of your existing posts. Now create a new post using content from your blog page and give it a new category 'Blog'.

Now create a Menu (under Appearance). Add the category News and the category Blog to the menu (and any other pages you want to add). Save the menu. Now in the dropdown under Primary Menu to the left, select your new menu and save.

You should now have two 'pages' - one called News and one called Blog, each of which has blog-style postings.
  • Yep that worked perfectly. Before, I was using the shortcode that comes with Striking and apparently it has that issue. But thanks for the tip, it worked perfectly.

Cheers,

Luciano
  • Hi Luciano,

You can create any seconday blog page by the use of the shortcode listing the same way as any other blog page as long as you

1) use the same shortcode
    2) use categories to split posts
    3) make the default blog settings in the striking settings set the same if you want all to look the same (default blog page and shortcoded blogpage)

you could also consider only to use the shortcode and not assigning a blogpage for all posts.

4) you can exclude any posts from the default blog page by categories (exclude or include whatever you prefer)

I would like to see the issue with the featured image as this can only be caused by a setting either in the shortcode or striking blogsettings.

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions