To insert code in a forum thread or comment wrap it in code tags : <code>...</code>.
Google Maps API Error
  • Hi
    When I use the "striking - Gmap" widget on the home page I get an error pop up saying...

The Google Maps API server rejected your request. The "sensor"
    parameter specified in the request must be set to either "true" or "false".

There is no sign of a 'sensor' setting in the widget so I dont know how to fix this.

You can see the error at alpineride.com

Thanks for any help

Phil
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • Hi Phil,

maybe share a link and the shortcode used so we can see the error and replicate the problem?

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul
  • It appears as if Google is requiring the use of the "sensor" parameter in the API call. Simply adding it to the shortcode (i.e. sensor="true") does not work as this is the shortcode, not the actual API call. This is something that needs to be coded into the theme.
  • Hi

We are using ver 3 js from Google. And version 2.1.3 of the script from mario (the latest version). One can see this by opening up the jquery.gmap.js file found in the striking/js folder.

It is quite perplexing that you are having this error. Its been some months, almost a year, since it has been seen. And you are the only one having it. So I have to put my thinking cap on in respect of this matter.

Can you please send me a pm with your wp and ftp admins, and also attach the link to this thread so I know what it is about.

Thanks
    Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Hi Paul

It occurs on the home page of alpineride.com so that is the link

There is no shortcode to send, I am not using any on the home page. I am assuming that the error is coming from the gmap widget that comes with Striking that I have got displayed on the home page.

I have attached a screen shot of that so you can see the settings.
    gmaps-error-widget.png
    986 x 558 - 39K
    gmaps-error.png
    514 x 189 - 17K
  • hi Phil

Got your skype and accepted. "The link to this thread" I noted above was simply your putting the url for this support thread into the pm, LOL.

But we will check this out. As i said, no one has seen this error in a year, and it is not being seen anywhere else. But we have found a couple of other gmap errors recently, although in striking responsive, and once you skype we will see if we can get to the bottom of this.

If we have an error, we will fix it. You could remove the gmap in the interim, and let your customer know we are working on fixing it. that will eliminate the error on page loading.

Best Regards
    Striking team
    James
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions