To insert code in a forum thread or comment wrap it in code tags : <code>...</code>.
Displaying Blog on the home page
  • Hello,

I have found the way to display recent blog posts on the homepage (using shortcode), however it only displays the # of posts I enter and there is no link at the bottom to the "older posts."

Can you help me? All I want to do is use the Homepage as the Bog page, working like a normal blog. I want it to show the 4 or 5 most recent posts (or a preview) with links to full posts and older posts.

THanks,
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • Hi

pls consult the shortcode generator as it allows you to do all you want by its settings.

I dont know what you mean by older post.... As also the normal blog page does not have that option. I think you mean pagination?

You can enable pagination in the shortcode (see the shortcode generator) after post 5 in the list and thus listing the older posts.

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul
  • Have you gone into the Dashboard / settings / reading. And selected you blog as the home page. Or uncheck what you have as the home page and the default for WP is the blog.
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions