12 JULY 2014 - UPDATE

1) We have just released Striking 5.3 maintenance update for those still using the "Original" Striking theme. Please see the theme release thread below for details. This update is only available by the internal update function as this theme is deprecated and no longer available for sale.

2)  Next inline in a few days is Striking MultiFlex. This update is actually "in the can" but we are working on ancillary matters. Expect it sometime in the next few days.

To insert code use <code>...</code>.
php in Copyright Footer Text
  • Is it possible to use php in the footer text. I have tried to use one of the php plugins , but the php is not being parsed and it just appears as code in the output.

I would like to include the year in the Copyright text and want to make it dynamic, so that it changes automatically each year.

Copyright (<?php echo date('Y'); ?>) Barry Dalrymple | All Rights Reserved.

Any solution would be appreciated.

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • Hi Smitp11,

You can edit on 'striking/footer.php'

Locate line 129.

Change the code blow

<div id="copyright"><?php echo wpml_t(THEME_NAME, 'Copyright Footer Text',stripslashes(theme_get_option('footer','copyright')))?></div>

To

<div id="copyright">Copyright (<?php echo date('Y'); ?>) Barry Dalrymple | All Rights Reserved. </div>

Regards,
    KaptinLin
  • Thanks, I ended up using:

<div id="copyright">Copyright (<?php echo date('Y'); ?>) <?php echo get_bloginfo('name'); ?> | All Rights Reserved. </div>

so the Site name is also dynamic.
  • From one Canadian to another (I am Canadian although most of the Websys team is not, and not even in Canada), COOL!
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions