12 JULY 2014 - UPDATE

1) We have just released Striking 5.3 maintenance update for those still using the "Original" Striking theme. Please see the theme release thread below for details. This update is only available by the internal update function as this theme is deprecated and no longer available for sale.

2)  Next inline in a few days is Striking MultiFlex. This update is actually "in the can" but we are working on ancillary matters. Expect it sometime in the next few days.

To insert code use <code>...</code>.
STRIKING RESPONSIVE BETA RELEASE THREAD -BETA UPDATED MARCH 24
  • Striking is marching now to the final days before official release.

March 24, 2013 - Striking Responsive Beta Version 0.958 Released

Please go to Striking Support to obtain the download, review the licensing terms, and read about what has transpired since the last beta.

Please continue to report errors in this thread. Beta 0.958 has swatted the google font and portfolio read more errors. The changelog at strikingsupport.com details the updates. We have also posted a "To-Do" page, which we will continuously update.

At the bottom of the changelog we provided some detailed commentary on a few matters for all to review.

Overall, we are very close. There remain a few minor bugs, and the next phase will see us update the Revolution Slider, add some more call to actions and other feature sets, and update more of the help dialogues.

By our estimate, version 0.958 appears to be stable enough that a user can consider it for replacement of the regular striking on an active site. But! Be advised one should make full backups prior to attempting a conversion, and we at Striking are not yet in a position to lend support on conversions, nor answer questions on the matter at this time. So an attempt to convert should only be undertaken by those who have significant experience and expertise with Striking and Wordpress. Conversion is solely at your discretion and risk!

Version 0.958 is what is powering www.strikingsupport.com

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

March 21, 2013 - Striking Responsive Beta Version 0.957 Released

Please go to Striking Support to obtain the download, review the licensing terms, and read about what has transpired since the last beta.

Please continue to report errors in this thread. Beta 0.957 has many bugs swatted, but some of the prior reported errors remain. The changelog at strikingsupport.com details the updates. We have also posted a "To-Do" page, which we will continuously update.

At the bottom of the changelog we provided some detailed commentary on a few matters for all to review.

Overall, we are very close.

March 20, 2013 - Striking Responsive Beta Version 0.956 Released

Beta 0.956 has many bugs swatted, but some of the prior reported errors remain. The changelog at strikingsupport.com details the updates. We have also posted a "To-Do" page, which we will continuously update.

This new Version 0.956 introduces another new function: Sub-Titles for top level navigation items, including call to action for it (hover and non-hover states) and font size control!

I was having an interesting discussion with designer Burt Gordon (Runner2009) yesterday having a look see at another theme, which has some nice Call To Actions in it, and I realized that a great failing of our current demo at Striking (which is woefully outdated for the same reasons our help documentation fell behind - ie ongoing releases of features) is the lack of emphasis on the huge array of Call To Actions that already exist in Striking - for example, virtually anywhere we have a font color setting, we usually have a hover state available.

I started counting and stopped after hitting 50 different CTA's. And today Paul dedicated himself to working out some new ones for Tabs and Accordions, and I previously did some similar work for framed boxes, and these will make there way into Striking R as well. I am sure that in fact we have something approaching 100 different CTA's in Striking (if not more), and since these seem to be one of the flavors of the day currently, our next demo site will be sure to show all these off to the world!!!!!!!

-----------------

Revised Timetables some of 0.96 is in 0.958 release:

0.96 - Landing page - some redesign and options, more help dialogue improvements, bug squashing, timeframe now approx Saturday March 23-Sunday March 24 (okay, again pushed back due to interim updates - particularly a complete rewrite of the google font ui to accommodate the subset requests for various languages and special characters, and fix some reported errors (user Terence)).

0.97 - Revolution Slider Improvements, squashing of reported bugs, more help dialogues updated. April 2-4 timeframe

Release Date - the subsequent week ->but not April Fools Day!, however that is fluid and depends on our ability to pump out all the ancillary stuff such as videos, revised installable demo, update for woo, build new online demo, etc.

ERROR REPORTING

Do so in this thread, not on the general forum.

Please read my comment below on our philosophy regarding what we hope to achieve with Striking Responsive.

Happy Striking
    Striking Team
    James, on behalf of all the team KaptinLin and Paul
  • 101 Comments sorted by
  • One of the very exciting things in Striking R is the control we provide for one to customize a page look. No longer will it be necessary to use custom css by page id to effect a particular look to a page or post.

I attach here both a view of all the settings (which may be reorganized and will have help fields by the time we hit the final version), and a quick page done up with the settings.

This should get some of you excited!
    New Page Design Tab Settings for customizing a single page.jpg
    854 x 1742 - 110K
    New page-design-settings-output.jpg
    1259 x 1391 - 344K
  • LIST OF KNOWN BUGS:

Here is a list of some of the known bugs, and outstanding issues as determined either by ourselves, or reported by users. They are mostly pretty minor, but we will work on eradicating them all, never fear....

Last Updated: 12 March 2013: 8:00pm EST

- Slider presets are not working, one can create a slider preset, but if one then goes and assigns values, and saves, all the values are cleared out

- Sticky Sidebar is yet to be fully implemented

- featured header color setting in the page design settings is not working

- Cannot set the landing page as the homepage successfully. It will set, but does not show the actual designed page, only a blank landing page template

- shortcode support for the excerpt in blog list & archive. When one does a search or goes to an archive, the shortcode is not being supported in resulting list being produced - so the shortcode tags are showing rather then the shortcoded content that is in the excerpt

- Nivo slider does not slide on an ipad, and does not show on an iphone, and alignment of the header is all out of whack, when twitter widget is enabled

- The moment you enable a google font save the settings and turn it on the listed font is not showing the correct fonttype in the example. However if you go to another page, and then come back to the google font settings it then shows the correct example

- tables not resizing correctly in last two viewports.

- google charts has stopped working! (Ouch! BTW, we have this feature but in the history of the forum i do not think we have ever had even one question on this feature. Does anyone use this shortcode?)

- Ken Burner slider images not showing in IE 8

- portfolio gallery shorcode will only add items to the gallery if they have been uploaded into the media library first. Will not work with images uploaded on the spot from your computer. Temp solution is to upload images into media library, and then when in the shortcode, grab from the medial library.

- iframe and inline html aspect of lightbox shortcode is broken, per Runner2009 report.

-html5 video shortcode is broken (apologies, was fixed but forgot to include in .95 beta)

- if open an image into lightbox, page content then right justifies in FF and Opera, per report by TDS March 10 below)

• Hi Everyone

We are not sleeping! We have been working through some tough to nail down issues on various matters reported to us -> several of the designers who are testing Striking such as Burt (Runner2009) and Andrew (Frogge Designs) have been putting it through some more advanced paces and turning up matters when trying to undertake certain actions.

Our hope is to have another update very shortly. It may very well be late Thursday, failing which it will fall to Friday.

We are keeping an eye on the forum posts very carefully.

Here in one place is a list of some sites that have been converted over for all to peruse:

http://www.papaspizza.net/
    http://www.olehaug.com/
    http://nicolabiagioni.com/
    http://www.joshuanetwork.tv/
    http://airpics.org/
    http://imagineteknologies.com/
    http://pimpshaker.de/
    http://sound-und-design.eu/
    http://dev.laas.org.uk/

and there are undoubtedly more - i will add to this list (I may move it eventually so it is not sitting here at post #xxx in the thread) as I become aware of more responsive usage. Despite some of the warts in the beta, users are managing a conversion and producing nice results.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Hello and thanks again for that fast update of Striking Responsive. I was installed that on a site of mine, and i noticed, that Full Width Slider on version 0.95 has been gone. Is that a bug or you are removing that type of slider (which i mostly use on my site, which now is downgraded on 0.945) ?

www.tailormade.gr is the site for any reference :-)
    ------------------------------
    Hi

It is gone. The Rev slider can do all it did, and much more. If you set your slideshow to the Rev slider, it should work in its place just fine.

Sorry, we did not actually think anyone was using it!

What were you liking about the full width slider? When we first brought it out in the beta testing, all the feedback was that it simply did not have enough in comparison to the fancier full width sliders, so we advised we were dropping it. We just never got around to cutting it out.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Hello James,

I do like the revolution slider also, except from the fact that i could not select the transition effect to something simple (in example: fade or something similar). It gives out some transition effects that are too fancy for my needs, so i had selected to go with the full width slider.
    If revolution slider had options to set transition effects to something desirable it would be also perfectly fine for me. Is there such possibility on the next beta ?

Thanks in advance,
    George Koustoumpardis
  • Websys said:

One of the very exciting things in Striking R is the control we provide for one to customize a page look. No longer will it be necessary to use custom css by page id to effect a particular look to a page or post.

I attach here both a view of all the settings (which may be reorganized and will have help fields by the time we hit the final version), and a quick page done up with the settings.

This should get some of you excited!

This is very cool! ;-)

Can we hope for their instructions for using the CSS to obtain the responsive behavior when we use custom CSS?

What I noticed is, the behavior of sticky sidebar for activated Sticky header. The visible content of the sidebar then shifts up too far and will be truncated. See Attached image.

Best Regards

raikit
    -----------------------------
    Hi raikit:

In respect of instructions on css, we had not intended to provide any specific customization instructions. I am working on a comprehensive video series, and I hope in it to review pretty much all provided functions, settings and shortcodes.

The background you saw in that page was done entirely using stock settings, no custom css at all. The new css and js fields are so that if one wants to employ custom css now for a specific page, they can use this field, as it attaches all enclosed content to the page id.

I have not seen that behaviour yet in the Sticky header. Can you advise the browser, and pls confirm this was beta 0.95. Thanks

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

Hi James

Thank you.

Yes I am using version 0.95 beta. In Firefox, Chrome and Safari most of the actual version under MacOS 10.7.5

see here: http://demo.ihc-ml.de/blog

Best Regards

raikit

Hello,

improved with version 0.955

Thank you!

raikit

sticky.png
    677 x 544 - 68K
  • Google Fonts is still broken.

The font selection interface has been cleaned up and you can see the font sample now but it still displays the sample text in the wrong font, and ~ which is worse ~ it doesn't always select and display the chosen font in the theme.

Some work and some don't.

Hi Terence

can you show me this in skype chat as we tested this and cannot recreate the issue.

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul

That's part of the Google Fonts bug, yes, but the more important part is that some of the fonts themselves are not being used by the theme ~ Open Sans for example. When you select Open Sans the theme uses some other font entirely.

• Will StrikingR be release as a regular update to the existing theme? Will I be able to update through the auto update function?

Thanks
    Danny

Hi Danny

You will download it via themeforest. It cannot be set as an "autoupdate" as that would create to much havoc for certain sites and many beginner wp users. So you will install it as a new theme in your Install Themes panel, and then activate it.

But we will have a video tutorial on updating as part of the formal release, covering all the basics, and will strongly recommend you watch it prior to updating.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Hi striking team.
    There is another bug still existing and présent in previous beta :
    Images doesn't appear in Kenburner slider when using IE.
    As most of are still using IE it is really annoying
    Thanks
    JG
    -----------------
    Hi JG
    Hi JG

I just did yet another test in IE9, and attached a screenshot. No issues. What version of IE, and do you perhaps have a link we can look at?

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
    kenburner-in-ie-9.jpg
    1210 x 701 - 374K
  • Thanks for the new beta!
    One little thing:
    Still a line below the copyright in subfooter...

Hi TDS,

i dont see it on http://www.strikingsupport.com and it is running the same version.

can you provide a link to your issue?

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul

Hello Paul, here (on resizing):
    http://test.airpics.org
    --------------
    Last Updated: 8 March 2013: 11:57am EST
    Hi Augen
    I must be blind, as I am not seeing it, at least in firefox, which is what I used when I whipped over to your site. There are no lines at SS, nor any of our other test sites.

Can you perhaps mark up an image for me and attach it to this comment? BTW, your test site is coming along nicely.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

hi James, here is a screenshot...
    Screen_ 2013-03-10 um 12.40.22.jpg
    406 x 47 - 23K
  • redgular said:

Will StrikingR be release as a regular update to the existing theme? Will I be able to update through the auto update function?

Thanks
    Danny

It is going to be a new theme and not done via auto update.

Hi

it will be available through themeforest only.

Striking normal will be deprecated and be supported for updates and issues the same way.

You can only run one version with one license. So the moment you decide to update to strikngR you will loose update functionality of strikingnormal as they use the same serialnumber.

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul

• geozio said:

Hello James,

I do like the revolution slider also, except from the fact that i could not select the transition effect to something simple (in example: fade or something similar). It gives out some transition effects that are too fancy for my needs, so i had selected to go with the full width slider.
    If revolution slider had options to set transition effects to something desirable it would be also perfectly fine for me. Is there such possibility on the next beta ?

Thanks in advance,
    George Koustoumpardis

Any update on that matter ? Will the revolution slide have transaction options on a future beta, or on final ?
    -------------------------
    The Revolution slider script includes some simple transitions like fade, and simple slides. The key is to set each slide for the same transition type, as with this slider, slides have individual transitions.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

• You could include in the next beta an option that I have not yet seen and is as follows,
    To completely disable copyright footer least and it is the header, menu, the slideshow of a wider size and only after the no footer footer:

Hi Jarping

I think what you are suggesting is that you want the ability to have the slider take up the whole page. You can do this by using custom css to disable the subfooter by page id.

I will give this feature some thought for the future.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
    image.jpg
    718 x 865 - 140K
    image.jpg
    718 x 865 - 42K
  • Just loaded Beta 0.95 to start development of a new site.
    It looks as if the Revolution slider will be the way to go, given its flexibility and responsive nature. However I'm finding some difficulty getting to grips with it. (e.g. varying top & bottom margins seems to have no effect.)
    Is there any documentation available as yet (either from yourselves or elsewhere)?

Cheers
    Geoff
    ---------------------
    Hi Geoff:

We are not yet done with our incorporation of the the Revolution slider script. There are some elements still to be added in respect of managing the layers. The video below provided by El helps, although the script version which is what is incorporated differs slightly. But the video is an excellent guide.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Here's a you tube link

--------------
    Hi El

Thank you for posting this. In fact, I am going to use this video, in our new reference set,although I will also create a smaller one specific to Striking, as the script which we have purchased differs a bit from the plugin version.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Hi Striking Team,

I have used the Striking Theme for a past client and am considering using it again on a new client. In order to purchase the Striking R Beta, do I use the purchase code from the former purchase, or can you point me to where I can purchase the Beta?

Also, is the Responsive backwards compatible IE7 like the existing Striking?

Thanks,

Chesa
    ------------------
    Hi Chesa

You buy a regular license of Striking, and then you go to the Striking beta site, and input that code into the download widget, and it will enable a download of the beta for you.

Be advised it still is in beta form, although obviously at this point getting close to the release version. All the above noted errors will be cured in the next beta most likely Monday or Tuesday. I know some users are already going live with it as the outstanding list is pretty fractional when compared to the breadth of the theme.

But be advised our support at this time is limited to bug squashing. We are not yet supporting any customization questions for Striking R.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James,/dvi>
  • wadewa said:

Hi striking team.
    There is another bug still existing and présent in previous beta :
    Images doesn't appear in Kenburner slider when using IE.
    As most of are still using IE it is really annoying
    Thanks
    JG
    -----------------

Hi JG
    Hi JG

I just did yet another test in IE9, and attached a screenshot. No issues. What version of IE, and do you perhaps have a link we can look at?

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

Here : www.littledancer.fr
    I think it was IE8.
    Let me know if you see the issue.
    Thanks
    ---------------------------
    Hi JG
    You are right. We never thought to test this in IE 8 on our own, does anyone even still use it? The script incorporated into Striking is supposed to be IE8 compatible, so we will do some digging....

Thank you for the heads up.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

---------------------------
    Thanks for the answer
    I just check GA and IE8 represent 6% of the visits on my website (same stats over past 6 monts and over last month.
    Not that much in fact.
    But we still use it at my office, like probably 6% of people visiting my website!
    If you confirm that it´s working with IE9 that's perfect (IE9: 10% and IE10 is less than 10 visits!)
    JG
  • James

Thanks for the YouTube link for Revolution.
    My main problem at the moment is that the values of top & bottom margin (in Revolution Slider Settings) seem to have no effect.
    I have slider width = 900, height =350, but top and bottom margins are both 80. It doesn't matter what value I give the margins, the result is always the same - there are no top & bottom margins!

See http://dev.laas.org.uk/

Note: Perhaps I should add that when defining the slider items I am simply setting a Featured Image. This is what I have done previously with other sliders but perhaps I am not using Revolution properly in doing so (?!?) Whatever the height of the featured image it is always expanded to fill the height defined within the Revolution slider I am using.

Regards
    Geoff
    ----------------
    HI Geoff

As I noted above, we are still fiddling around with the js for the Rev slider. I had not been aware that the margin setting has ceased, but it does not surprise me. The completion of the Rev Slider integration is on this weeks docket. Probably it will note be done until Thursday or Friday this week.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Hi,
    Testing Striking_r v0.95
    I don't know if it was said before but I have an "issue" when I activate the fixed header and in the same time the fixed sidebar. Both are working correctly but independently. The sidebar do not take into account the fixed header and so when the visitor move down the webpage, top elements of the sidebar are hidden behind the header.

Best regards,
    detracom

Edit : moreover I tried the "Google Analytics Code Settings". And my code appeared in every page (footer or header). I do not remember of such a behaviour with Striking non-Responsive.
    ----------------------
    Hi Detracom

I forgot to note it above, but I believe I did on the download page that we still have work to do on the sticky sidebar. It is "barely" activated, and we do not consider it a finished feature as of yet.

In respect of the GA code, could you take a screenshot and attach it to this comment? You can include a snap of the sidebar behaviour as well.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Hello,
    found an issue, visible in FF and Opera on Mac:
    After opening an image via lightbox shortcode the whole content jumps to the right:
    http://pimpshaker.total-media.org/die-band/
    in Safari + Chrome no probs
    ----------------------
    Hi Augen

Thanks for the report. I went to the site (love the page design btw) and saw the issue in action. Augen, can you do me a quick favour? Turn off the grayscale effect and then tell me whether this still happens.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

Hello James, yes it still happens without greyscale effect...
    Screen_-2013-03-10-um-15.31.31.jpg
    1489 x 993 - 382K
    Screen_-2013-03-10-um-15.32.25.jpg
    1492 x 994 - 354K
    Screen_-2013-03-10-um-15.30.05.jpg
    1493 x 990 - 381K
  • geozio said:

geozio said:

Hello James,

Thanks in advance,
    George Koustoumpardis

Any update on that matter ? Will the revolution slide have transaction options on a future beta, or on final ?
    The Revolution slider script includes some simple transitions like fade, and simple slides. The key is to set each slide for the same transition type, as with this slider, slides have individual transitions.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

Never noticed these settings on the revolution slider page. Thanks for the advice, now i am (as always were) a satisfied owner of strikingR. Perhaps you should consider though a more general transactions settings for the Revolution Slider, because changing each and every slider was a pain in the a$$ ;)
    --------------------------

Hi George

This week is slated for our completion work on that slider. I will investigate the feasibility of this.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

• Has anyone tried to popup inline content in a light box with the new .945 version. I am seemingly unable to do this?
    Runner2009
    Burt Gordon
  • I assume the initial public release of Striking R will not be Retina ready? If not, is there a timeline on when a Retina update will be pushed out?

In the interim, do you (or anyone else) see any problems using the Retina.js script in Striking R?
  • NEW BUG (??)

Just tried to use the HTML5 Video shortcode.
    It immediately throws this error:
    =======================
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<', expecting ')' in /homepages/14/d442732024/htdocs/dev/wp-content/themes/striking_r/framework/admin/shortcodes/dialogs/video_html5.php on line 40<br />=======================

The issue is fixed on our release already. will see if i can find the code.

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul

Regards
    Geoff
    ----------------------
    Hi, I fixed this and the update will appear in the revised beta tomorrow. Just a couple of incorrect lines in the video_html.php shortcode dialogue which was updated recently to also support flv files.

I think I forgot to put it on the bug list, as in our internal working copy I had already corrected it. My apologies. :D

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • ...tried to upload .php file but system won't allow it.
    Looks to me as if the code has become a little jumbled - though I'm no great PHP expert (far from it!)
  • Here is an issue that I found yesterday and is more completely researched. It seems that the lightbox ( specifically in the custom post type Portfolio ) works correctly for videos and images, but doesn't work in lightbox mode for inline or iframe content.

The lightbox standalone for sure does not work for inline content also

Runner2009
    Burt Gordon
  • James

Thanks for the update on the HTML5 Video issue - I look forward to the revised beta.

I have a problem with the Header widget area. I have a header height of 140px. At the top of the widget area I have a Translation widget that occupies around 80 pixels.
    I now add a Text widget above the Translation widget. This Text widget contains a single HTML statement: . When I view the modified page I get a large gap between these two widgets (I estimate around 35px).
    Why should this be?
    Am I able to amend it??

Cheers
    Geoff
    -----------------
    Hi Geoff

We have fixed the video shortcode generator in ver 0.955 but we still have some css issues which will be addressed in the next beta. We made some changes to the header widget area, please let me know if they addressed the gap matter you are reporting.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Hi,

I have just installed Striking R and I must say you have done a great job, thank you Striking Team, for listening to us (your customers) and bringing the responsive version, for free!

I am getting the same line below the copyright in the subfooter as Augen (tds). I have noticed that it happens when, narrowing the browser’s window, the 768 px breakpoint is reached (when the main navigation menu transforms into a dropdown list). I have tested it on mac OS X Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Opera and I am getting the line in all of them.

Sorry I cannot provide you with a link as I am working on a local installation. I am running ver. 0.95.

BTW I can see it as well on http://www.strikingsupport.com

Thanks

Best Regards
    Diego
    ------------------
    Hi Diego
    It must be a "MacCrap" browser problem (LOL) but in any case Ver 0.955 "theorectically" corrects this problem, let us know.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

• Hi
    It seems that the line below the copyright is a separation with the footer widget area that appear when narrowing while footer widget area goes below copyright area.
    When both are used, this line is really usefull and I think it's normal (and if it's not then It's a good coincidence!)
    JG
  • You can remove it with custom css. At least I was able to using Firebug

border-color: ;
    display: none:;
    }
  • HI EVERYONE:

Updated Beta 0.955 available for download.
  • I installed striking r and was able to get my entire site running...
    I have noticed though that I unable to:

- Adjust the speed on revolution slider
    - Change the Lightbox to a more simple version (without title really)
    - Also I am unable to click on the link for one of my slider items (using revolution slider).

By the way I am using google chrome

Please advise...
    -----------------------
    Hi
    The Revolution Slider is, as we noted, still a work in progress although I have not had any issues adjusting its speed. Note that one determines how long a slide stays on the screen via the "delay" setting in the slideshow panel but all other matters are determined on an individual slide basis. And the delay can be overridden as well.

With lightboxes, we have a css issue that has crept in, such that the top of the lightbox is subjugating to the header, but I just tested and had no issues with displaying without captions, for example. This will be addressed in the next update.

Is this local host or on a site that I can surf to check out?

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • wadewa said:

Hi
    It seems that the line below the copyright is a separation with the footer widget area that appear when narrowing while footer widget area goes below copyright area.
    When both are used, this line is really usefull and I think it's normal (and if it's not then It's a good coincidence!)
    JG

--------
    **UPDATE**
    Sorry I had not noticed this has been fixed on today's update 0.955. So my question is answered.
    ---------

Hi wadewa,

Maybe you are right. To be honest I am not versed on the best responsive design practices. My common sense tells me that this line perhaps should be there in case there is some content in the subfooter widget area but when it is empty the line does not make sense to me.

James, Paul, should the line be there according to the theme’s design?

Thanks.

Best Regards
    Diego
    ----------------------
    Hi my friends

LOL, I could never see the line in the first place! But we did a little tweaking in this release, and believe it has been dealt with.

I believe we shall have another beta either friday or saturday swatting more of what is on the "todo" list.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • This is an update on the Lightbox after the last rev 0.955 was installed. You can check it out here http://goo.gl/QWLhA

Everything seems to work ( with a little styling ) except for the inline content. Here is the error message

I didn't show an image lightbox as this has been working except for some styling issues
    -------------
    Thanks Burt. Noted.

Regards
    James
    Screenshot_3_14_13_12_04_PM.jpg
    1175 x 900 - 177K
  • James

Installed 0.955.
    Update on the Header spacing issue from 13 March
    No change, I'm afraid. ;-(
    You can see the problem here: http://dev.laas.org.uk

The header widget area contains two widgets:
    a) a Text widget with a single line of code. This is an iframe of height 21px. (See attached file).
    b) a Translation widget that occupies around 80px.

Geoff

PS As an aside I found that a couple of my [image]'s that worked fine in 0.95 did not load onto the page when I upgraded to 0.955. I had to delete and reload the images into the WP Media Library and adjust my [image] shortcodes to pick up their new IDs. (Just in case others report a similar issue.)

PPS You're doing a great job. As the French would say, Courage, mes braves!----------------
    Geoff

Can you send me over your logins to this site? Thanks.
    Best Regards
    James

Like_iframe.txt
    348B
  • My experience of Lightbox with type=iframe on 0.955 is as follows:
    1. I can use it to open an html file OK.
    2. I cannot use it to open a url that is a pdf file. In this case I just get the rotating wheel continuously. (I can use the same url to open the pdf file in my browser without any problem).

Geoff
  • Hello striking team,
    With the final release or 0.97 Beta, will we able to use all the functions that Revolution Slider has?
    Like creating new slide with custom layers, special transitions, video support etc?
    Thanks Ayqi
    ----------------
    Hi Ayqi

Yes. All of that will be in place, for the .97 beta. It will have the full implementation of the Rev slider with all of its abilities.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • The basic idea is this. For this particular site I want to have each post end up as a sub-page of a "cornerstone content" page ~ and do away with a "blog" completely.

But for me, at my poor level of coding expertise, trying to do what I am trying to do with StrikingR is like chewing silver paper and sticking cocktail sticks in my eyes at the same time ~ without the benefit of a child-theme ~ but to continue...

The loop is generally started with something like the following code:

<?php if ( have_posts() ) : while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?>

For working with posts and pages, I want to organise the content into “sections” ~ Cornerstone sections, not StrikingR sections ~ using the Archetyped Cornerstone plugin [ http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/cornerstone/ ] ~ not fake the site structure with categories and tags, as we typically do ~ so I want to use a couple different functions in place of the default ones:

<?php if ( cnr_have_children() ) : while ( cnr_have_children() ) : cnr_next_child(); ?>

In the loop, displaying the post’s content ~ I assume ~ should be exactly the same as with any other template in the theme. So I want to use template tags such as the_title(), the_excerpt(), etc.

Here’s an example loop for Cornerstone that displays the title and an excerpt with a link for each post in the section.

<?php if ( cnr_have_children() ) : while ( cnr_have_children() ) : cnr_next_child(); ?>
    <h3><?php the_title(); ?></h3>
    <div><?php the_excerpt(); ?></div>
    <?php endwhile; endif; ?>

My question is this…

How do I best implement this form of content structuring in content.php ~ and perhaps other functions within Striking ~ which looks like this?

<?php
    /**
    * The default template for displaying content
    * @package Striking
    */
    ?>
    <div class="content" <?php post_class(); ?>>
    <?php the_content(); ?>
    <?php wp_link_pages( array( 'before' => '<div class="page-link">' . __( 'Pages:', 'striking_front' ), 'after' => '</div>' ) ); ?>
    <?php edit_post_link(__('Edit', 'striking_front'),'<footer><p class="entry_edit">','</p></footer>'); ?>
    <div class="clearboth"></div>
    </div>

Any help would be much appreciated.

Terence
    --------------------
    Hi Terence

I will get back to you on this. We don't want to get sidetracked on custom matters until we complete the core code. And I know nothing about this plugin, which I would have to take time to investigate, and really, cannot right now. But I or the team will have a go at it once we get through this next week, which we want to be our last week of beta for Striking R.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • James

Re: the login you requested - I just sent you a private message via this forum.

Geoff
    -----------------
    March 20 6pm EST, Geoff - I have it but I have been dealing with some high priority type stuff including a release. Its on my list for a look see tomorrow with any luck!

Best Regards
    James
  • James

Re: HTML5 video.
    I've now used the shortcode. All OK except for IE8 (whatelse?). I've included an .flv file in my shortcode but IE8 just plays the audio element, no video. All other browsers are fine.
    Any ideas??

Hi

we are still working on the html 5 issue for ie8

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul

Geoff
  • One issue on pages:
    When i try to insert a foto into a page i get this on the frontend:
    Warning: Division by zero in /var/www/web15/html/mediahost/wp-content/themes/striking_r/framework/functions/common.php on line 525
    http://pimpshaker.mediahost24.de/termine/

Hi tds,

Hmm havent seen that one for a long time.

can you shoot over a link to the actual image? it is a wpms setup?

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul

Hello Paul,

yes its Multisite
    here the Link to the foto:
    http://pimpshaker.mediahost24.de/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/ps_ani-004.jpg

Hi Tds,

Is it possible the image already exists in that folder as a duplicate?

Dont you store the images in a month based subfolder or all in one folder?

can you enable that into the wordpress media settings, reupload the image and try again?

http://www.basicwp.com/custom-image-uploads-folder-wordpress/

Best regards,
    Paul

Hi TDS

i inserted your image in to our testground with no issues at all.

can you provide us login details so we can take a peek?

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul

• Hi James,

No problem. I understand. Go for it... 8^)

Terence.
  • I'm experiencing CSS issues when using a custom menu and a search widget in the Header Widget Area. These were working fine in regular Striking. I know you guys are currently working on some bugs in the header, so should I hold off on reporting these until I see if the next release fixes these issues?
    ------------
    Hi Brian

I think I would need a screenshot or a url to see this. But we did release a new update today, and who knows, it might fix it!! Should we all be so lucky! :D

Let me know.

Best Regards
    James

-------------

Looks like .956 had no affect on the issue. I'm using a local host so screen shot will have to do unfortunately. Here is the relevant top area code from Striking, slightly modified for StrikingR.

#top_area {
    position: absolute;
    right: 0;
    top: 5px;}

#nav_menu-6 ul li {
    display: inline !important;}

.widget ul {
    list-style: none outside none;
    margin: 0;
    text-align: right;}

#nav_menu-6 li + li:before{
    content: " | ";
    padding: 0 5px;}

#nav_menu-6 ul li:last-child a {
    padding-left: 0 !important;}

#nav_menu-6 ul li:first-child a {
    padding-right: 2px !important;}

------------------------------------
    Hi Brian

Even with the code above, this is the type of thing that we can adjust only when we can work on it live.

When i look at that image, i see that you you seem to want two list item arrows to act as pointers for 2 navigation links, and then below them want a search widget - is this correct? And is the search widget supposed to be inline with the balance of the main navigation or above it?

Instead of doing this by custom css, I would think you would be better off to style the header widget area in html mode. Irrespective of the method, this can be fixed when you go live, once you are up behind a maintenance mode let us know.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

-----------------------------

Hey James,

After looking at this a bit closer with firebug, it looks like some changes were made to the screen.css that affected the CSS code brought over from Striking. After a few CSS mods, I'm good to go now!

screenshot.jpg
    548 x 281 - 12K
  • Hi All

Please see my comments in the opening comment of this thread. Released another update to the Responsive Beta today, and I provide some commentary on this in the head post.

We are getting ever so much closer.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • "Work is just about complete on a full rewrite of the google font ui to allow for all the new google font subset requests" ~ excellent news, I thought. But when you type in "Open Sans", the wheel goes around, and around, and around, and around, and around, and around, and around, and around, and around, and around, and around, and around, and around, and around, and around, and around, and around, and around... you get the picture... 8^)
    ---------------
    Hi Terence

I am uncertain as to what is unclear. I am advising work is close to complete on the the google UI rewrite in the ToDo list, and of course, when it is complete, and we have loaded it into Striking, then it will be noted as fixed in the changelog and marked as fixed in the version number in which it is included.

So when we have this done, which it is just about is, it will be released as part of an update. That might even be at some point on March 21, with any luck.

But I am a little confused. I went to the google font panel, and selected at random Open Sans All Weights to be an active google font, saved, and then made it the default font for all descriptive font types, saved again, without any hitches. And so it is now the active font for descriptive types at Striking Support.

I have attached screenshots of the font panel, the h1 text (which is one of the descriptive types) and source code showing the script is loading.

Not an issue in sight.

I have to confess we just took your word at this and just figured as we were rewriting the google ui to fix the other matter with the google fonts, loading some subsets that are not included by default, that this issue would be fixed as well. But perhaps there is no issue at all?

I am wondering if in fact you have a js conflict in your project that might be the root of the issue. One way to tell might be to go to the google fonts tab, and then open firebug and refresh the page checking the error console. Perhaps it will detect a scripting error in the page. There are more then a few plugins that cause errors on the admin side, not just on the view side, of a site.

I can also check this out if this site is up somewhere, in which case shoot me over the logins for wp and I will take a look.

I will of course test this on other sites and servers as well, but based on the real life evidence of it being in action at Striking Support - and it took barely 3 seconds to enact all the steps to do such, I am uncertain that there is an issue.

I should add I did my work in Firefox. I will test out later in other browsers to make certain that it is not a browser specific error.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

OpenSans-Allweights-active.jpg
    1111 x 692 - 154K
    sourcecode-showing-opensansfont.jpg
    1267 x 695 - 342K
    OpenSans-Firebug on h1title.jpg
    1250 x 554 - 400K
  • You might be right, I thought, so I checked again.

This is what I see (image #1) when I try and select Open Sans, for that matter any GoogleFonts typeface. It only affects GoogleFonts by the way. Cufon etc, no problem.

I just tried it in Chrome (my current favourite), Firefox and Internuts Exploder, by the way, its the same in each. So I deactivated ALL plugins ~ nothing left, not one, nada! ~ (I'll track down later which was the culprit), and this part of the selection process went better (image #2).

However, Striking is still not displaying GoogleFonts correctly at the back-end is definitely and not showing GoogleFonts at all at the front-end, its using Times or something similar.

Well it is here, at least.

Hope that helps. Let me know if there's anything more I can do to help you stomp this one.

Terence.
    -----------
    Hi Terence

Holy Smoly! Look at all those errors. And we get none of those when we work in the font panel.

Nonetheless, I did go back and view Striking Support in other browsers as I said I would, and it was most interesting. For me, FF and Opera were fine, and showed the Open Sans font, but Chrome and IE did not show the correct font. And Paul, who was working with me, had yet a different experience.

So this has me very puzzled. However, we are rewriting from the ground up the theme google ui internally, so we will see what comes out of it. We will resolve it. Lin is tasking it while I task the lightbox as well as the panels, and Paul is having fun with all the new call to actions he is creating. Lots of fun stuff going on right now!

There will be another update at some point this weekend, and I believe it will have the google fonts update, and you can be sure we will test this thoroughly. In fact, I will send it to you for your testing and blessing before I even release it at StrikeSup.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

2013-03-21_0916.png
    1280 x 984 - 203K
    2013-03-21_0933.png
    1280 x 856 - 96K
  • Hi guys

Re: the HTML5 video issue with IE8 (see 17 March).
    Is there any progress on this in beta 956, or is it still being worked upon?

Geoff

Hi geoff,

it is fixed in our build of today

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul
  • Hi Paul and James,

Thank you so much for adding the Top Level Navigation Sub-Title Feature! You keep adding, and adding, and adding, more and more features...can't you stop it?! =D>

You always give more than I expect.

Thanks!
    Diego
    ------------------
    Hi Diego

Paul gets the credit on the creation of all these new call to actions (I am trying to remember if the idea was mine in order to claim a smidgen of credit but I am so tired I think my memory is likely playing tricks on me..... ;) ) And he has more up his sleeve! We are all working crazy right now, there is enough for ten of us, but only 3 to spread around.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Here is an update on some of the Lightbox issues ( it has only been tested out on Mac FF and Chrome

The code below is a replacement for the plugin scrollTo and localScroll. This is uses only jQuery so it is very light. It works in Striking but not in Striking R

Need to remove it for now.

The screen shot shows the last issue in the lightbox which is in the portfolio and will not work in lightbox => iframe mode

Again all this has only been tested on a Mac in FF and Chrome

<script type='text/javascript' charset='utf-8'>
    /* <![CDATA[ */
    jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
    $('a[href*=#]:not([href=#])').click(function() {
    if (location.pathname.replace(/^\//,'') == this.pathname.replace(/^\//,'')
    || location.hostname == this.hostname) {

var target = $(this.hash);
    target = target.length ? target : $('[name=' + this.hash.slice(1) +']');
    if (target.length) {
    $('html,body').animate({
    scrollTop: target.offset().top
    }, 1000);
    return false;
    }
    }
    });

}); /* ]]> */
    </script>

Runner2009
    Burt Gordon
    ---------------
    Hi Burt

All the lightbox shortcode issues have been addressed, and in fact we have started to restyle the lightbox shortcode, although more work needs to be done.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
    Screenshot_3_21_13_11_34_AM-2.png
    1204 x 908 - 267K
  • With the updates this seems to still be an issue. Just thought I would check in on this again.

Thanks
    Sol

From my post in the closed thread:
    ––––––––––––––––––
    I've started doing a bit of testing and it seems the videos don't want view correct in/on iphones or smaller screens (see attachment). The width seems to change but the height stays pretty tall, it doesn't scale the aspect ratio of the vid.

Is that a bug or how videos just view in responsive themes?

Thanks
    Sol
    ----------------
    Hi Sol

This falls into the category of css adjustments necessary. Thank you for finding.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion