Live Support to user questions is now offline and returning on Wednesday April 23 approx 10pm EST.

MultiFlex is WP 3.9 compatible and Release 1.0.3 has been approved by Themeforest and can be downloaded from your TF account..

Striking 5 series is WP 3.9 compatible other then the shortcode button does not work in the Visual Editor.

WPML IS NOT WP 3.9 COMPATIBLE and has some serious issues. WPML has a beta 3.1.5b which seems to restore functionality. Also be advised that many other plugins are experiencing very signficant issues with WP 3.9 and you should check with each plugin on their current WP 3.9 status

To insert code use <code>...</code>.
Striking and Woo-Commerce Plugin 2.0 Compatibility confirmed!
  • Hi Striking Universe!

This thread is going to be for all things Woo related. One can still post question threads in the general forum, and in fact that is encouraged. We will use this thread for updating on Woo, posting screenshots, and providing general suggestions and commentary.

All users who have Woo Sites are encouraged to post a link with a comment.

The best news is that Striking 5.1.9.5 really seems to have integrated beyond our expectations with Woo. The credit for all this goes to KaptinLin and Paul BackuPs - Paul has an extensive ecommerce background and he and Kappy worked to deal with many past reported matters.

I am going to post a smattering of screenshots pending our getting a formal gallery going at Striking Support, which is creeping ever so slowly closer to launch. We put all other matters on hold to focus hard on 5.1.9.5 - the testing was the most rigorous ever performed and it is being reflected in the lack of errors reported (only 2 very minor ones so far) and the success with bug swats. We even lent a helping hand to a few plugin authors along the way.

Anyways there are a lot of screenshots below. All I did initially in about 2 minutes time was add the plugin, run the setup, create 2 products with one on sale, create some categories and tags, create a custom sideabar and assign it to a couple of the woo pages, etc.

All the woo settings work in Striking now, to the best of our knowledge, and much of the custom css necessary in the past seems to no longer be necessary. We have spotted a one css matter we are going to examine - the +/- signs are scrunched a bit in some browsers but so far our testing has otherwise been 100% meshing!!

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    Woo Reports Admin.jpg
    1242 x 680 - 170K
    Woo Settings.jpg
    1243 x 620 - 192K
    Woo System Status.jpg
    1252 x 679 - 268K
    Woo Archive Types Supported.jpg
    1010 x 591 - 138K
    Woo Sidebars section in Advanced Panel.jpg
    763 x 609 - 181K
    Shop Pages Featured Header Setitngs.jpg
    1069 x 595 - 147K
  • 55 Comments sorted by
  • Thank you James! I know it's been crazy for you guys with all the updates and new stuff rolling out. Woo support wasn't very helpful on these issues, and I appreciate you going above and beyond in your support duties to answer my query!
    Striking has been the best purchase I have made in the world of wordpress, and I recommend it every chance I get. Keep up the solid work!
  • STRIKING AND WOO 2.02 COMPATIBILITY CONFIRMED

Based on our testing to date, we find that Striking and Woo 2.0+ are fully compatible at this time. We are still working up a comprehensive demo for public view, but between our testing date, and some viewing provided into a couple of sites ramping up, we find that so far so good.

There is undoubtedly going to be something encountered at some point, we know of one quite esoteric issue so far -> embedding a woo product page id shortcode in a Striking Tab (which use I have never seen before but I think we might be able to fix), and I have to scan the threads on other matters.

But we judge we have close to 100% compatibility, better then many themes which build around the plugin. Certainly enough to get a store up and running.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • More Screenshots

Creating a product
    FI of new product being set in Woo.jpg
    1211 x 672 - 485K
    Add New Product-FI Loaded.jpg
    1146 x 694 - 236K
    Add New Product Metaboxes.jpg
    1120 x 628 - 195K
    New Product Published.jpg
    1140 x 685 - 232K
    Single Product Page-Sale Item.jpg
    702 x 513 - 144K
  • More Screenshots

Product pages, cart, etc
    Single Product Page-Sale Item.jpg
    702 x 513 - 144K
    Shop Page - item in cart.jpg
    1045 x 502 - 140K
    Cart-Shipping and multiple quantities.jpg
    1117 x 580 - 157K
    Checkout.jpg
    988 x 613 - 203K
    Product in Cart-Sidebar active.jpg
    1109 x 564 - 149K
  • Hi! Thank you for providing such great integration with WooCommerce! I just installed it to my site a couple days ago and am trying to figure it all out.
    I have spent the past day or so scouring the internet trying to find some custom css, of which I found a few that work but was wondering if anyone had any insight as to how I can change a few other things with woo commerce?

1) I would like to be able to change the color and position of the 'add to cart" and "name your own price" buttons to better match my site color scheme
    2) I would like to remove the product title or even just change the size/color on the single product page
    3) Is it possible to change placeholder font in the checkout forms?
    4) I would like to remove breadcrumbs on product pages as well.

Is any of this possible with custom css, or will I have to go in and change some code around?

Thanks
  • Hi Jimbo

Sorry, having been away for a couple of days, I am just starting to clear the backlog.

All of the woo related matters you accomplish by custom css.

I suggest you review the woo site, forums and help docs.

This link will help you with the woo Css:

http://wcdocs.woothemes.com/codex/css-structure/

To remove the woo breadcrumbs, as a setting for that does not exist in woo, you can place the following code in your functions.php file, it stops the add_action() from
    line #40 in woocommerce-hooks.php:

remove_action( 'woocommerce_before_main_content',
    'woocommerce_breadcrumb', 20, 0);

For example, the button css is I think one of the first lines of the woo css (I just used firebug to quickly grab it), and here is the base css:

a.button.alt, button.button.alt, input.button.alt, #respond input#submit.alt, #content input.button.alt {
    background: -moz-linear-gradient(center top , #EB3276 0%, #D5155C 100%) repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    border-color: #A71048;
    color: #FFFFFF;
    text-shadow: 0 -1px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.6);
    }

Now the above css controls many buttons as you can see and I did not go so far as to determine which was the one which I leave up to you. The colors you want to adjust are in the "background" attribute - #EB3276 0%, #D5155C , which are non-hover and hover colors.

Its pretty much like this for changing anything in Woo. This is why cart designers (including us) charge $$$ for building shopping sites. Everything to be amended requires custom coding.

I have pointed the way - just the above is worth more in terms of advice then what you paid for Striking! :D I leave the rest to you.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • I'm a new user of woocommerce and truly appreciate Striking's integration. Thanks James :)
  • REGARDING WOO AND STRIKING R:

For anyone who will be bumping up to Striking R, be advised it is compatible with Woo, and we have made some feature additions in Striking R to accommodate woo, and more are planned.

The Striking Feature Header including slider now works on woo shop pages. We intend to grab the woo custom post types so they can display in the Striking sliders (hopefully for the initial release).

There will be other additions, and we are going to run a number of the woo addons in the codex, such as woo grid list and woo widget product slideshow, through some testing.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Me Too! Yay! or Yea! or Yehaa! or something like that! :D :D
  • Hi guys,
    Thanks for integrating woocommerce! I have few problems after installing it and I apologise in advance if this sounds stupid to you guys! -
    1.I cannot get my homepage slider to work with woocommerce plugin, yes I have deleted the old theme, uploaded the latest version via ftp and cleared the cache. However the moment woocommerce is activated slider stops showing images.

2.Woocommerce stops the dropdown menus from functioning.

3. Sticky footer becomes unstuck with woocommerce?

My site is www.visiblerange.com.

Cheers,
    Dinil
  • Hi Dinil,

can you goto the striking advanced settings and turn OFF

combine css,
    combine js
    and move js to the bottom.

In 99.99999999999% it will work.

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul
  • It did work
    Thank you so much Paul
  • Another Yeah!

It appears Striking and Woo 2.01 are getting along fine!

We have it running in Striking Regular right now. Still have to do some poking around, but so far so good. I think any adjustments we have to make for basic compatibility will be minimal.

We have one user who already has a very advanced site using Striking regular and Woo 2.01. She ran into an issue with a very esoteric combination of trying to combine some Striking and Woo shortcodes (placing a whole woo page by id in a striking tab). Not a pressing matter as its the first time I have ever seen it attempted. But something we may task at a future date once we get through the releases.

Will advise more, and include some screenshots soon.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Yeah!!

James, this is definitely exciting. I count this is as another big #win! You guys just keep adding value to this theme- amazing.

Keep up the great development work!
  • Yeah! You guys continue to amaze us!

So wonderful to be able to offer clients completely integrated e-commerce solutions, especially with woo-commerce! Woo's easy to use interface, and scalability make it one of our go-to e-commerce choices! Now compatible with Striking this reduces our need for custom coding and speeds things along - just install the plugin and get straight to configuring it - very nice! We look forward to using this more in the near future, yeah!!

-Brian
    Kismet Design
  • Hell Yeah! WooHOO for Woo commerce!

I haven't yet had the chance to checkout Woo Commerce and Striking but I think we are going to setup a test online shopping site soon to test it out. I look forward to checking out the features and compatibility.
  • another big YEAH! from me
  • Is there a way to eliminate the product photos in the woocommerce "shop"? I have lots of sporting events that i sell and I don't need a picture for each "product" Is there a way to style the shop as a list without photos?
    --------------------
    Hi

Are you seeking to list a product but not have a featured image and thumbnail? I have to check into this for you. I think I always assumed each product post in Woo needed a featured image, and so always supplied one.

I will get back to you on this.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

• Love it - currently testing with Striking R and Woo and all appears to work great although it may be worth looking at listing the products down the screen underneath each other rather than just shrinking the images and keeping them in the same grid list (it looks cluttered when viewing via mobile) eg take a peak at http://development.thecraft-studio.com/workshops/
    ----------------------------
    Hi Brian

That is on the future update list. We are examining the addition of an addon for woo with some integration bonus features although it would be a separate product most likely at some small additional cost. The goal of Striking base is compatibility.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • First, thank you James and your entire team for making Striking and Woo work so well together. If you would like to use my website as a demonstration of the integration compatibility, visit: veturotherapy.com
  • Hi nbmedia

As i wrote in another thread of yours, you have a nice clean site, and it will absolutely make it to the showcase.

For some odd reason, although there are several hundred sites running Striking and Woo (i have many bookmarked) you are the first to post your site in this thread requesting it be in the forthcoming revised showcase. Thus, you are first to the dance and automatically in!! :D

I would like to build a showcase of at least 10-15 woo sites, so users, post away!!

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • I'm running into an issue using Striking with Woo-commerce 2.0. On the Woo-commerce admin page, when I click "add product", i get just a blank page. Anyone else run into this problem?

I've enabled the woo-commerce feature in Striking's advance menu. I gone thru and deactivated all my plugins one by one, to see if the problem was due to a plugin. Alas, a plugin doesn't seem to be the source of the probem, as the problem still exists.

http://www.florencemuseum.org/
  • Hi Jamar

On your homepage i see a 404 error for a font. And I am thinking right off that were I to go to your fontfaces tab of the fonts panel, I would see that you have enabled all of your fontfaces as this is the most common cause of this error. Click on "x" to remove all the fontface fonts you are not actively using, and save.

If the error you are experiencing with woo persists after making this change, then I recommend you shoot me over your wp and ftp admins. The adding products works fine in Striking. There are no other reports of this of which I am aware, at this time.

Great site btw. I would like to have a museum site in our forthcoming revised showcase, if you have no objections?

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Websys,

I was able to isolate this problem morning. It wasn't the @fontface property (though i did clean that up). The culprit was my version of Wordpress. I updated to WP 3.5.1 & Striking 5.1.9.5 - and now all is well.

I'm glad you like the look of our site. You guys do a great job keeping this flexible Wordpress theme relevant. Its a great tool for designers. I'd be honored if you included - http://www.florencemuseum.org/ - in the revised showcase. Thanks again for your help!

-J

• Hands up for another woo/striking showcase! http://www.thecraft-studio.com - uses several plugins within woo 2.0 to create a virtualised shop front for people to book adult education workshops. Plugins we use are, Paypal pro plugin, Review for discounts, Advanced Tab Management, Subscribe to Newsletter and will shortly be rolling out the Advanced Email scheduling plugin.
  • Hey I love the updated striking theme 5.1.9.6!

I just updated all the plugins, and the theme, and woocommerce to the latest versions.

It went almost completely without problems, but i have run into 3 issues

(1) using firefox my dropdown menu for my store does not work (just fine with chrome, and i.e)

(2) under my woocommerce digital download category, I get a 404 error when trying to click on page 2 or next page for that product category.

(3) on a product page where the "Description" Additional Info", and "review tabs" are
    Those tabs are now displaying on the top right side of the featured product photo instead of below it.
    The text is also cut off halfway across.

This is my homepage where you can see the issue with the store menu not dropping down (again only with firefox)

http://otherworldmedia.tv/

This is the page where if you scroll down and click the page 2, or the next page arrow that i get the 404 error

http://otherworldmedia.tv/store/shop/digital-download/

This is the page with the messed up tabs

http://otherworldmedia.tv/store/shop/digital-download/georgetown-eagles-boys-basketball-2012-2013-season-highlights/

Any advice, something easy im missing?
  • Hi Otherworldmedia

I have to advise we won't be able to tackle this until early next week. I am assuming you are using Striking regular - whereas of late our work has all been oriented towards Striking Responsive, for which we just released another beta last night.

Next week, plugin compatibility testing will be back on the agenda.

I do see a js error on attempting to transition to page 2 which will need investigating. I believe it to be plugin related, as we don't believe we experience this in our testing. But! you may be a version or two ahead on Woo - our most recent testing is with Striking R and Woo 2.08, but with regular Striking we are on woo 2.03. So it might be something more recent.

I think you mean the tabs are overlapping each other.

If you can send me a pm, and include your logins, and your skype id, so we can reach you next week.

For the pagination error with digital downloads, a temp solution would be to have all the products show on one page. That way you could capture all 19 rather then just the first ten. The following link explains how to adjust the number of products per page:

http://docs.woothemes.com/document/change-number-of-products-displayed-per-page/

You should go through the process of disabling all other plugins, seeing if any of the errors rectify, as it is the first thing we will ask prior to commencing any detective work.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Hey Websys,

you're correct, I am using the regular version of striking, and with woocommerce 2.08

I'll shoot you a pm with that info.

Thanks for all that you do here :)

• Hi Everyone

Striking Responsive, at Ver .961 at this time appears to be 100% compatible with Woo 2.09. The caveat is that we are a long, long ways away from having tested every function in combination together.

But our initial testing is showing no errors or errant behaviour. I would go so far as to say that all major functions seem to work without issue. So do all our internal custom settings specific to Woo. And all the ancillary Woo functions tested so far.

I see no reason whatsoever not to be building a store with the latest versions of Striking Responsive and Woo (9.61 and 2.09 respectively).

Should one find something let us know, and we will address it.

I hope to build a dummy store for woo concurrent to the official striking responsive release.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

• Hi Everyone

Our update of Striking Regular .962 resolved one small woo issue we found with more testing, and we have one remaining issue (a nuisance one only - functionality is not affected).

But we have updated our internal demos to Woo 2.10 and everything seems to be very good.

Our assessment is that overall, Striking Responsive is compatible with Woo 2.10.

We will test Striking Regular with woo on Friday May 17/Sat May 20 and advise.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Hello

I've just started using WooCommerce 2.0.11 on Striking R Beta 0.970 but I'm concerned about this message, "Your theme does not declare WooCommerce support".
    I see that Striking has been tightly integrated with WooCommerce but still it is unable to detect it's integration with the plugin. Are some elements still left to work upon or it's just a false positive?

Thanks

Hi,

You can just click the button to hide this message.

the next message will be

"Your wordpress does not declare WooCommerce Support"

Its like General Motors saying that their cars are the best.

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul
  • HI ALL

Just a heads up that beta release 0.975 is not woo plugin compatible. We have discovered a css issue, and a layout issue. We will fix them shortly.

In the interim, we suggest users who might have updated and run into an issue regress to a prior version of striking responsive.

Sorry about this. we are working on some new template files for woo, and I think we got some test code mixed up in the beta release.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Hi Striking Universe!

Striking Version 5.2 and Striking Responsive Version 0.977 are both 100% Woo 2.0 series compatible to the latest version at this time of writing, Woocommerce 2.0.12.

Should you find a compatibility issue please report it in this thread.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • For those annoyed by the permanent purple Woo Commerce banner in StrikingR 0.977, to get rid of it :-), simply go to: Appearance => Editor, select the 'Theme Functions' template from the right-hand side list and then add the following line below your custom code:
    /* You custom functions below */

add_theme_support( 'woocommerce' );

(and yes, there's a minor typo, 'you' should be 'your' :-)) -- Alex
  • Hi

Yes, the declared support shall be in the official release, its somewhere down about #98 on the less important things to do list...... ;)

James
  • Hello,
    I am trying to remove the product image and make the short description full width on my single product pages. I was able to remove the image, but have been unsuccessful in making the description full width. I've tried suggested custom css on other forums but none of them seem to work... Do you have any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

The css I have tried includes:
    .single-product .product .summary { width: auto; }
    and
    #main #content div.product div.summary { float:none; width:auto; }

Are you able to provide any suggestions?
    I am using the latest Striking R beta.

The product I am trying to accomplish this on is here : http://newsite.krmef.org/store/donate/

:)
  • are there some good example websites using striking and woocommerce?
  • Hi

Here is a sophisticated Striking Responsive site with a robost woo usage that i was just made aware of a few days ago:

http://www.easterncapeusedcars.co.za/used-cars/

I know of a number of Striking Regular sites using woo, but regretfully users don't always tell us about what they are doing with their urls. I can provide more sites that I know about that use Striking Regular, if that is of interest to you. Let me know. But the above site uses several woo plugins, data feed, etc. Its a professional site and provides a really good overview of Striking's custom abilities used together with Woo.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Hi guys,

Quick question. Is it possible to be able to add different sidebars to different product categories when using woo? ie. i'd like to show different categories on the sidebar based on the product category that you're in but at the moment only one sidebar can be specified within the striking admin. eg

visiting http://www.thecraft-studio.com/product-category/workshops/ - sees the "workshops" sidebar
    visiting http://www.thecraft-studio.com/product-category/products/ - sees the "products" sidebar.

I can set this up for viewing single products by choosing the sidebar to view but am unable to do this for categories.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Brian.
  • Hi Brian,

you cant. But you can use the dynamic widgets plugin and turn off/on widgets per category getting the same effect

or

use a plugin which allows sidebars per custom post type category. Maybe there is a free version somewere in the wordpress.org

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul

• Thanks Paul - I had a dig around and actually discovered that woothemes make their own - woosidebars does just the trick and integrates (as you would expect) really well with woocommerce..
  • They have their own plugin for this? LOL.... Thanks for the heads-up. It is really appreciated as we dont know all.

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul
  • Hey guys - I'm seeing a weird error where the Shop page is showing as an Archive. Here's the link to the page: http://www.pjschadlerfusions.com/shop/

Screenshot attached.

Already tested 2012 theme, which didn't show this. What am I doing wrong?
    Screen Shot 2013-08-12 at 10.51.19 AM.png
    1036 x 1320 - 896K
  • Hi

Its not an error actually. Because we have a featured header area, which the default theme does not have, and the woo custom post type are archive pages by default, you see this.

But of course, we have everything in place for you to modify this. Go to your Striking Advanced Panel/Custom post Type Archive Feature Header Text tab, and you will see the first two settings are for the Product Archives Title, and Product Archives Text, and you can modify them here.

BTW, the new beta of Striking R has several new Woo specific features. We are testing it now, and I hope to push it out the door either later today, or Tuesday.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Thanks Websys. That was helpful. It's not pulling Title tags correctly for SEO purposes, but I think I can override that with Yoast's plugin. Thanks!
  • Regarding removing Woocomerce breadcrumbs, does the following code as mentioned above still work for anyone?

remove_action( 'woocommerce_before_main_content', 'woocommerce_breadcrumb', 20, 0);

It seems to have stopped working for me now so I can't get rid of the Woo breadcrumbs in order to replace them with my usual Yoast ones. Could this be theme related do you think?

James