12 JULY 2014 - UPDATE

1) We have just released Striking 5.3 maintenance update for those still using the "Original" Striking theme. Please see the theme release thread below for details. This update is only available by the internal update function as this theme is deprecated and no longer available for sale.

2)  Next inline in a few days is Striking MultiFlex. This update is actually "in the can" but we are working on ancillary matters. Expect it sometime in the next few days.

To insert code use <code>...</code>.
BBPress Forum plugin and Striking - what is the current status of their working together?
  • Hello

I installed bbpress, simple-press and mingle forum

However, none of them worked appropriately

Is there any specific configuration in Striking options to allow all these forums work well?

Thank you

Andy

• 5 Comments sorted by
  • Hi Andy

I sent you a pm.

Striking Team
    James
  • hi. I have the same problem. Is there a guide to making bbpress work with striking?

Thanks!
  • Hi

Time permitting, we are going to look into this as part of the update. We have not examined Striking and bbpress in over a year.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Hi people.
    Excellent and wonderful theme! ...
    It stands alone and far, in relation to other themes! ...
    First of all, I apologize for my English.

I wondered, is there hope to have an update that allows us to correct problems when installing and using the bbpress plugin?.

One problem occurs with breadcrumbs. To avoid errors with the plugin, you must disable the breadcrumbs at the general settings of the theme. I feel that this is not acceptable, because I feel the breadcrumbs are good practice in web standards. The other problem is related to the automatic generation of the title and subtitle of the forum pages that are not updated automatically as the case for example with blog entries (meta information).

bbpress plugin has an option at the general settings, which lets you select a package of templates (How your forum content is displayed within your existing theme. will serve all bbPress templates). Just bring two options:

1) bbPress Default - /plugins/bbpress/bbp-theme-compat/
    2) Twenty Ten (bbPress) - /plugins/bbpress/bbp-themes/bbp-twentyten/

It seems the solution could be to generate a special package for the plugin, instead of bringing the whole theme just to fit a particular plugin. In any case, it's just an appreciation.

Hopefully we have news on this subject to be able integrate these tools.

Greetings!.
  • HI Denny!

First, no user has to ever apologize for their english, or lack thereof (although your written english is very fine btw) - in fact only one person on the Striking team (me!) speaks english as a first language - so you are in good company!

Thank you very much for your suggestions about bbpress, we will review them carefully. I cannot say yet whether we will have bbpress tested prior to the release. We have a lengthy list of plugins and we are starting with the ones we know are often in use with Striking. But we do intend to test it and if we can do so prior to the update, we will.

Thank you as well for your kind words about Striking. Much appreciated by every one and should you feel strongly, I ask that you head over to the Striking theme at themeforst and say something nice in the Striking comments - potential purchasers give strong credibility to posts by users, and they are a tremendous support to our efforts to maintain Striking sales against the thousands of themes that have been released since Striking was introduced.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James