Live Support is Offline at this time for the normally scheduled Sat evening/Sunday break. Live Support will resume on Monday April 21.

MultiFlex is WP 3.9 compatible and Release 1.0.3 has been approved by Themeforest and can be downloaded from your TF account..

Striking 5 series is WP 3.9 compatible other then the shortcode button does not work in the Visual Editor.

WPML IS NOT WP 3.9 COMPATIBLE and has serious issues. Do not upgrade to WP 3.9 if using WPML. Also be advised that many other plugins are experiencing very signficant issues with WP 3.9 and you should check with each plugin on their current WP 3.9 status

To insert code use <code>...</code>.
CHEATIN' UH? ERROR MESSAGE

• IF YOU GET THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE WHEN TRYING TO UPLOAD AN IMAGE, a background or other media into your site

""Cheatin’ uh?""

then it simply means your version of Striking is not the current version. Some changes in the wp core commencing with version wp 3.4 mean you have to update your striking to the current version. So the answer is your Striking is out of date and needs to be updated.

Simple uh!

Use the Striking Advance panel update function to update to the current version of Striking, unless you are using a child theme, in which case you should know what you have to do as child theme use it is for advanced users anyways (you have to update the child by ftp, but only after you have done some other stuff).

Happy Striking
    Striking Team
    James
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • Im running Striking 5.1.8.3, latest Wordpress 3.4.1
    All plugins deactivated.

Still getting "Cheatin’ uh?" error when uploading background images?

Page Link: http://122.99.115.196/~trinder/

--------------------------------
    Hi

One possibility is that your temp domain has the tilde symbol in it. The tilde symbol is read by a number of php scripts as code rather then as part of the url. I believe this could be what is occurring here. We have not had a prior report of this with background images but very few users have the tilde symbol on temp domains as it is now fairly widely known in the wp community that wp and tilde don't get along.

Another possibility is that we have run into a roles issue. It should not be the case as this is the sole report of this with backgrounds that i recall. But the error can even occur on rare occasions when one has admin permissions on an ad hoc basis. It is an error in the wp core.

One thing you can do is reinstall Striking by ftp. Which would only take a few minutes. As you might have some old Striking file that predates 5.1.8.3 that is remnant that is causing the issue. And pls advise if you are using a child theme.

The final option is a hardcode mod to the theme as follows:

Open the WordPress install via FTP and open wp-admin/options.php file. Find this code in it,

if ( !current_user_can('edit_posts') )
    wp_die(__('Cheatin’ uh?'))

Replace it with this code:

// wp_die(__('Cheatin’ uh?'))

Please let us know if one of the above resolves your situation.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
    ------------------
    Hi James;

Replacing all Striking theme files via FTP resolved the issue.

Im not using the child theme and have only ever experienced this error previously with user roles.

Many Thanks
    --------------------------
    HI

Glad to hear it. That leads me to believe you might not have had a full update in your first attempt.

Happy Striking
    Striking Team
    James
  • Hi, I have been getting the same "cheatin' uh?" message when trying to update the backgrounds on my site. I tried to re-install Striking via ftp and when I reload the site I get this message in my browser:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function is_blog() in /homepages/30/d396099298/htdocs/wp-content/themes/striking/front-page.php on line 2

The hardcode mod doesn't work because I don't have that exact code in my options.php file. The closest piece of code I can find is as follows:

if ( !current_user_can( $capability ) )
    wp_die(__('Cheatin’ uh?'));

So far I'm stuck and cannot update my site design... Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
    Shane

ps. I am using the child theme.

[EDIT] I just updated again through my dashboard and everything is working now.
  • Websys said:

IF YOU GET THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE WHEN TRYING TO UPLOAD AN IMAGE, a background or other media into your site

""Cheatin’ uh?""

then it simply means your version of Striking is not the current version. Some changes in the wp core commencing with version wp 3.4 mean you have to update your striking to the current version. So the answer is your Striking is out of date and needs to be updated.

Simple uh!

Use the Striking Advance panel update function to update to the current version of Striking, unless you are using a child theme, in which case you should know what you have to do as child theme use it is for advanced users anyways (you have to update the child by ftp, but only after you have done some other stuff).

Happy Striking
    Striking Team
    James

-------------------------------------

While this message is cute, it wasted a lot of my time. I thought it was the ithemes plugin I was using. You guys have an awesome theme, but what is the point of confusing the user with a message like that?

I am getting the same message "cheatin uh". I opened the options.php file and did not see:
    wp_die(__('Cheatin’ uh?'))

Please advise. Thank you. PS... you theme is still awesome!!
  • Hi foxxr

I don't have any idea what you are talking about in respect of the "ithemes" plugin but i am not certain it is relevant in any case.

So let me ask first: are you using the latest version of Striking > Ver 5.1.8.3 and the latest main release of WP >Ver 3.4.2? And are you using the Striking child theme as well or not? If you are using a child theme, is it the latest child theme that was found in the Striking Ver 5.1.8.3 download from Themeforest?

If the answer is that you are using all the latest versions, then your situation is odd. Since those releases, the only times when any user has had this issue when all versions were up to date, to the best of my recollection, is when they had an incorrect install of one of the above noted components (Striking, Striking Child or WP) and reinstalling resolved the error.

So my first suggestion is that you update if one is not the latest and greatest, and if they all are, then reinstall them all by ftp.

Let us know the outcome. If none of the above work, then please message me (click on my name) with your wp and ftp admins, and your skype id, and we will surf in and take a look.

BTW, I am wondering if you are the user who was asked today cross post here from TF. and if so, thank you for following the instruction. We are never quite sure why anyone is posting at TF when page after page, comment after comment, we say to post here. But once you are here, we support matters such as this.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James