Live Support to user questions is now offline and returning on Wednesday April 23 approx 10pm EST.

MultiFlex is WP 3.9 compatible and Release 1.0.3 has been approved by Themeforest and can be downloaded from your TF account..

Striking 5 series is WP 3.9 compatible other then the shortcode button does not work in the Visual Editor.

WPML IS NOT WP 3.9 COMPATIBLE and has some serious issues. WPML has a beta 3.1.5b which seems to restore functionality. Also be advised that many other plugins are experiencing very signficant issues with WP 3.9 and you should check with each plugin on their current WP 3.9 status

To insert code use <code>...</code>.
STRIKING RELEASE VER 5.1.8.3 JULY 7, 2012 - WP 3.4.2. Compatibility reporting and more.....
  • This is the thread for all discussions related to Ver 5.1.8.3 changes. This update is to provide compatibility to WP 3.4.1 and WP 3.4.2 plus address some misc matters reported by users in the prior release, and update some js that have updated since the last release.

This release is available as both a full theme download via your Themeforest account. and will soon be available (July 8) as a build download (which is new & changed files only) via your Striking Advanced Panel within your WP admin.

NEW STRIKING USER AND VER 5.1.8.3 IS YOUR FIRST EVER INSTALL:

You would install Striking Ver 5.1.8.3 in the same manner as you would install any other wordpress theme. You can install Striking Ver 5.1.8.3 by using the install theme function in your wordpress admin, or by ftp Striking into your host setup. The Document folder contained within your download from Themeforest has a section on installation of the Striking theme.

Please note that some firewall plugins - such as Wordpress Firewall 2, should be deactivated prior to attempting the update as they will block access to the update scripts.

EXISTING STRIKING USERS - YOUR CURRENT VERSION INSTALLED IS STRIKING VER 5.1.8.2 OR EARLIER

For existing users, here is the process depending on if you use a child theme or a regular Striking installation:

REGULAR USER - NO CHILD THEME IN USE:
    1. Go to the Striking Advanced panel and scroll down to the Update Theme section which is at the bottom of the panel.
    2. Enter your Themeforest purchase code into the "Item Purchase Code" field. The purchase code is found in a text document contained in the Themeforest zip when you first downloaded Striking after purchase, and the text document name is "striking-premium-corporate-portfolio-wp-theme-license.txt". A few lines into that document you will see "Item Purchase Code" and it will be a long string of numbers, letters and dashes.
    3. Click on the "Save Changes" button, your panel will refresh after saving and you will see yellow bar with the notification "page saved" appearing at the top of the panel.
    4. Now click on the "Update" button, and your theme should commence the update routine.
    5. Once the update is installed, go immediately to your Striking Advanced Panel, and in the General section go to the "Clear Cache" button and trigger it to "On" and save the panel. This clears the image temp cache folder.
    6. Now go to your homepage and other site pages and check to confirm that all your images and other media are working successfully.
    7. If you are still having a problem, see the section below "After Update I Have Site Issues"

CHILD THEME IN USE:

Striking Ver 5.1.8.3 does not have any update of the Child Theme, so all a child theme user has to do is the normal use of the internal update function as per a user with no child theme active. In other words, go to the Advanced Panel, Update section, and follow the same instructions for updating as note above.

You should now be successfully updated for both Striking and the Striking Child.

After Update I Have Site Issues

If you find that for some reason, you cannot see your slider images, or your colors are not working, then we suggest:

• you first go to your Striking Color panel and resave it, and if that does not work, then you may have to check your Cache folder permissions.
    • Also check the Striking Advanced Panel to confirm that the Timthumb has not been turned on in the update process. We have not experienced this error in some time, but on the outside chance of it still being present in some unique situation, we suggest it just in case.
    • One should also check one's .htaccess file - some users have added some custom code to their .htaccess file, and this has caused problems with updates. Try temporarily removing the .htaccess file and then resaving one of the panels or pages, plus clearing the cache, to see if that restores everything. If this works, then you will have to go through your .htaccess mods item by item to determine the problem.
    • Plugins: We think by now most users understand that on occasion a plugin can interfere with a theme function. So one of the very first measures a user should undertake after an update, should they find an issue in the use of the Striking theme is to deactivate all plugins and see if that makes a difference. Please note that generally, most security plugins and askimet do not conflict with themes, so you might not need to deactivate them, unless the security plugin rewrites the .htaccess file. If so, deactivate this only as a last resort. In this circumstance, it is ok to message us as per the instruction below, without deactivating, if you are uncertain or uncomfortable about turning off the security.

If after the update your images/sliders are not showing goto the STRIKING ADVANCED SETTINGS make sure you have set the following toggles:

1. Turn Use Timthumb OFF
    2. Turn clear cache ON
    3. Turn combine css OFF
    4. Turn combine js OFF

NOW SAVE THE SETIINGS.

NEW REQUEST: IF YOU HAVE UPDATED SUCCESSFULLY, AND HAVE A PROBLEM OF ONLY YOUR MEDIA IS NOT WORKING AND HAVE GONE THROUGH ALL THE MEASURES ABOVE - DO NOT POST IN THE ERROR THREAD, BUT INSTEAD SEND A PM TO ME, PAUL OR LIN.

However, should you have found an actual code error please report such errors you might find in this thread. We find concentrating all error and usage questions about a separate release in one place has been the most effective way for we to track, and users to determine, and followup, on version tidings.

AND WE REPEAT, AGAIN, POST ABOUT ANY ERRORS YOU MIGHT FIND, ONLY IN THIS THREAD. IF YOU POST THEM ON THE FORUM, THEY WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY! AND WE WON'T BOTHER RESPONDING TO YOUR ISSUE SINCE YOU WERE NOT INTELLIGENT ENOUGH TO RESPECT OUR FORUM REQUESTS!

As per our past practice, we will respond right within your comment in this thread on our findings, suggestions and corrections.

If you think you have an outstanding bug from a prior release that has not been dealt with, then repost in this thread after only after you have updated to this version and tested to confirm it still exists. If we could not recreate the error in our test environments, then the matter may be unresolved. But if you have an unresolved concern, post in this thread (nicely please) and it will be examined in due course.

We hope that you find the update beneficial. Thank you to all the Striking users who contributed feedback on issues or features of the last release.

Happy Striking
    Striking Team
    James
  • 49 Comments sorted by
  • CHANGELOG FOR STRIKING VERSION 5.1.8.3

Version 5.1.8.3 - July.6th ‘12
    ===============================================
    Fixed : search button shortcode issue
    Fixed : page navigation font size issue
    Fixed : 'Enable image link lightbox' option issue
    Fixed : titlelinkable attribute issue for portfolio shortcode
    Fixed : same image name cache overwrite issue
    Fixed : 3d Image Rotator with self gallery issue
    Fixed : Featured image lightbox caption issue
    Added : author name link to its posts instead of website
    Added: WP 3.4.1 compatibility
    Updated : AnythingSlider scripts

Happy Striking
    Striking Team
    James
  • The issue has been fixed but i notice why there is numbers in front of files in the cache folder of striking now?.....pic attached

As you can read in the striking 5.1.8.3 fixed list.... we Fixed : same image name cache overwrite issue

The number has been attached to make sure to have unique links to the images. Because of the working of the wp media library system it is theoretically possible to upload in May a image called "image.jpg" and in June again a image called "image.jpg"

Now when the images are copied over into the striking cache system to display in a page, gallery, portfolio, etc they both have the same name. So how should the page know which image to display?

To prevent conflicts by pages displaying the wrong images with the right (same) name we added a numbering system to the images.

So now you see a (unique) number in front of each image.

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul
  • Ok, I just update and here is the first problem.

I have an RSS widget in my sidebar and before it, this are the errors showing.

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/site.com/httpdocs/wp-includes/class-simplepie.php on line 739

The same error appears for 200 lines. If I remove the RSS widget, everything is fine.

How to fix it ?
    ---------------------
    Hi Polle

Are you saying you get this debug error, or that the widget is not working, and you see that error on the page instead. Sorry, I am just unclear, and seeking clarification.

Or if you can reactivate it, and give me a page so I can go view the error itself. If you do not want to post publicly, can you send me the page url by pm?

Thanks
    James
  • Upgraded just fine now.
    Didn't fix the squashed thumbnail issue but everything else looks fine.
    --------------------
    hi n8ture

We will look at the squashed thumbnail issue. I believe you have a thread on this somewhere, or perhaps a pm with Paul? Maybe edit your discussion above to include the thread url, and I will look at it. I confess at this second, I remember a discussion somewhere, but not any specifics.

Happy Striking
    Striking Team
    James

EDIT:
    Yep, I had it in another thread: http://kaptinlin.com/support/discussion/5525/problems-with-thumbnails-in-blog#Item_10
    If you go to my home page http://filmmakingnaturally
    My two most recent posts: "Don't Blow Unexpected Wildlife Filming Opportunities" and "Filming Nature:Capturing the Partial Solar Eclipse" Both have squashed the thumbnail of the featured image.
  • Hi

I have updated to latest theme. My issue is that the image short code is not working anymore. It is inserting the code, but not it is showing an error where the image should be.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks!

Hi,
    did you switch off timthumb and clear the cache?
    Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul
  • Websys said:

Hi Polle

Are you saying you get this debug error, or that the widget is not working, and you see that error on the page instead. Sorry, I am just unclear, and seeking clarification.

Or if you can reactivate it, and give me a page so I can go view the error itself. If you do not want to post publicly, can you send me the page url by pm?

Thanks
    James

The widget works and all the errors appear above it. I can activate it for you to see, no problem, but lets time it because those are 200 lines of errors in the sidebar and I don't want to have it like that for hours.
    ------------------------------
    Hi Polle,

The error you get is coming from a plugin - I believe it calls a deprecated function from wordpress. Please contact the plugin builder. He should adjust his coding.

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul

• I'm getting an error when input my purchase code. I was using Striking 3.0 and had to completely reinstall Striking last month, could this be the issue?

This is the message I am getting:

"Download failed.: Please input your purchase code"

What should I do now? Is there a fix? Should I reinstall again?
    ---------------------------------------

HI lizop

I think we need more info. Are you installing the current version of Striking by FTP? If so you just overwrite the current striking install. If you are updating via the update panel, then you have to input your purchase code first, save your panel, and then commence the install procedure. The instructions in the head of this thread give you a step by step.

If you have any further difficulties with this, please pm me with your wp and ftp logins. be advised I will be unavailable for approx the next 4-5 hours, so it is something I will get to after that (I am EST zone).

Striking Team
    James

-----------------------------
    @Websys Your instructions worked. Thank you! The problem was I did not save the purchase code before trying to update it.

This was outlined in your instructions above and I'm sorry to be a goof about it. Thank you very much!!!
  • @Websys & @KaptinLin,

Thanks for the updates, all is running great, no issues! I'm running 3.4.1 & Striking 5.1.8.3, with customizations - build download method. Thanks for the top notch support:)

~C
    -----------------------
    Hi C!
    As always, you are welcome.
    Best Regards
    Striking Team
  • White screen no content. Other wordpress sites on same server ok, only themed striking site has white screen of death issue after update causes error.
    Steps so far:
    rebuilt httpd, deleted .htaccess files
    rebuilt x cache & config, removed all plugins, permission issue possible working on now.

Mysql Admin areas very slow loading prior to update, followed instructions prior to attempt at update, had updated wordpress days earlier.

Any help appreciated.

Paul tells me this is resolved and was due to a corruption of the Striking upload. But should you have any further issues, please post in this thread if related to the update.
    Happy Striking
    Striking Team
    James
  • Per your #1 update instructions.. I do not have the "Update Theme section" at the bottom of the panel in Striking Advanced. How do I do the update??? Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi cogentys,
    what version of the theme you are using are we talking about?
    Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul

Hi cogentys,
    that explains why you dont see any update function since that one is introduced from version 5.0x
    please follow this. http://kaptinlin.com/support/discussion/5755/updating-from-striking-theme-2-2-3-to-the-latest-5-something-version#Item_2
    Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul
  • i use quick cache on single and multi sites and all works fine after updating
  • Hi

My site (http://www.supercolor.be/) --> Updated Wordpress to 3.4.1 and Striking theme to 5.1.8.3.

I deactived all plugins, cleared the cache, Timthumb and combine js/css set to OFF but I still don't see my slider images anymore and in subpages I don't see my images also.

The error I get in the console is
    jQuery(".lightbox", parent).colorbox is not a function
    http://www.supercolor.be/wp-content/themes/striking/js/custom.js?ver=3.4.1
    Line 344

Can you help me please?
    Thanks in advance
    Christophe
    --------------------------------
    I sent you a message - you should see something in your inbox.
    Happy Striking
    Striking Team
    James

Thanks a lot James for fixing my site. Top notch support!
    Christophe
  • I'm getting multiple instances of the "Child Theme" in the wordpress admin sidebar (see attached). Do you know how to fix this? I've deleted the child theme and re-uploaded and installed it a couple times, cleared caches, etc. But nothing seems to work. For the Striking theme activated it doesn't show up with multiple instances, it seems to work fine like that, but I use the child theme because of some pretty heavy customized pages.

I've got the style.css all named properly leaving the "Template: striking" unchanged along with the "Version: 0.7.0" unchanged as well.

Not sure what the problem is, but your help would be appreciated for sure. Everything other than that seems to be working though, so it's just showing up with everything doubled and tripled up as you can see when the box is expanded.

Thanks
    Sol
    -------------------------------
    Happy Striking
    Striking Team
    James
    Screen shot 2012-07-21 at 12.40.14 PM.png
    149 x 74 - 4K
    Screen shot 2012-07-21 at 12.39.46 PM.png
    157 x 1494 - 59K
  • Translation bug: The text on top of the comment form, when there are comments, like "3 Responses to" is not being translated into Spanish. However, the translation is in Wordpress po file. Everything else is translated correctly.

I fixed it editing comments.php, line 37, and removing the 'striking_front' part, although it was correct as it was.
  • I am trying to update from 5.1.8.1 to 5.1.8.3. I am generating the following errors and wondering if you can help.

Warning: rtrim() expects parameter 1 to be string, object given in /home/lovesb5/public_html/greencleanxl.com/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 1355

Warning: copy(/framework/admin/update.php) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/lovesb5/public_html/greencleanxl.com/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-filesystem-direct.php on line 200
    ------------------------------------------------
    July 30
    I was able to update successfully by FTP per the instructions from you. Thanks!
  • Can you help me with this Striking Framework error?

Warning: Division by zero in /home5/invivogr/public_html/icorehumandisease/wp-content/themes/striking/framework/functions/common.php on line 382 Warning: imagecreatetruecolor() expects parameter 2 to be long, string given in /home5/invivogr/public_html/icorehumandisease/wp-includes/media.php on line 1025 Warning: imagecopyresampled() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in /home5/invivogr/public_html/icorehumandisease/wp-content/themes/striking/framework/functions/common.php on line 327 Warning: imagejpeg() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in /home5/invivogr/public_html/icorehumandisease/wp-content/themes/striking/framework/functions/common.php on line 356

Here is a link to the website:
    http://www.icore-human-disease.org/
    Fixed. See below

• @ Beacons
    @ ameildror

Hi

@ Beacons - I think you should check with your host. You may need to add a condition to your .htaccess file if you want to upgrade using the internal update function. However, you should be able to update by ftp without any issues. Try the update by ftp first, and let me know the result.

@ ameildror. This is not a guarantee of a solution, but I believe you have an error with an existing string in your .htaccess file. I would check your rewrite conditions, I think one of them is the issue.

Please let me know how it works out in both instances. Rather then posting new comments below, you can edit your comments above, so just add a new section to the comments indicating what has transpired.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

• @ ameildror
    @ Striking Team

I have a similar problem and posted in this article:

http://kaptinlin.com/support/discussion/5905/error-message-after-deleting-the-plugin-flipping-book-plugin#Item_1

Can it be that they have disabled a plugin, which they no longer need?

It concerns us with the Plugin "FlippingBook Wordpress Gallery Plugin" from this supplier: http://pageflipgallery.com/

Best regards

raikit
  • Hello, I have the problem that on the Striking Advanced page after I click on the update button it says I have the latest version installed. I have installed version 5.1.7, so that's not the latest one.

Can someone give me a hint on what I'm doing wrong?
    Regards,
    Jazzpa
    I have send you a PM
    Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul

Hi Jazzpa

This can happen on occasion when either your host, or you, are running certain security that prevents the script from communicating with the update api. It could be server side, in which case there is nothing you can do about it. If you wrote special security into your .htaccess file, that could also be the reason. Or a security plugin, although so far, the ones we have tested all seem to work fine with the script.

But no worries. In this situation, you can update your theme by ftp. I recall we have about 4 or 5 other users over time who have reported the same type of issue. A couple did trace it to code they were running in their .htaccess file.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

Hi Jazzpa,
    I have read your reply in the pm. Just to make this clear to all the users of striking plus keep Websys & Kaptinlin uptodate, i put my reply to you also in here.

If you dont update the theme because of custom coding we can not help you. We don't support older, or not completely updated versions of striking.

We all have the same problem. When we do hardcoded coded adjustments (and believe me i have many) we all need to download the theme from themeforest, unpack it, redo all our custom coding and upload it by ftp. You cannot expect a theme which is sold more then 11.000 to match all special needs of each individual user. We all have to redo our custom stuff. There is no other solution. I have a complete written out list of all tweaks per website i have to redo.

Please also realise that old versions of the theme and newer versions of wordpress can lead to a none working situation. Themes are updated because of changes in the wordpress core system.

However not updating wordpress can lead to a vulnerable system because many updates are because of security leaks.

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul

• BackuPs said:

Hi cogentys,

that explains why you dont see any update function since that one is introduced from version 5.0x

please follow this. http://kaptinlin.com/support/discussion/5755/updating-from-striking-theme-2-2-3-to-the-latest-5-something-version#Item_2

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul

Hi.
    I also need to update from an old version (BTW how to check the version?) as I can't see the update function, and the link you provided is dead. Could you please post a corrected link?
    Thanks,
    immersium
    ---------------------------------
    Hi immersium

If you would like, send me a pm with your skype id, and wp and ftp logins, and I will assist you with this. Updating Striking is not very difficult, even if from an older version, unless you have hardcoded files, or have plugins that are not updated for the current version of wp (which can be highly problematic).

Let me know if you want help.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

Hi James,
    Thanks for your support, I will send you a PM with the information you requested.
    Regards,
    immersium
  • Hi,

I have to empty Striking -> Advanced -> Cache when in order for a scheduled post to appear in a Blog Shortcode on a Page. The scheduled Post publishes on time and is in Feed and Archives for the Category, but is not showing up on Page when displayed ion Shortcode, until I empty Striking Cache.

~C
    -----------------------------
    Edit: WordPress 3.4.2 is out, and I have not updated. Waiting for the new Striking update for WP core update. Thanks!
  • HI EVERYONE!

It is ok to update to WP 3.4.2. We have done some installs on some of our test sites, and no issues have been found yet.

Given the breadth of our user base, we cannot rule out an obscure issue of one sort or another, but nothing is apparent at this time.

Should you find an issue, please report it in this thread, and we will task it as soon as possible.
  • I briefly had slider images and then they disappeared. Have tried everything except the htaccess stuff as that is a mystery to me. I'm guessing it's not that since they were there and now they are not? I updated teh logo file as that had gone too and the slider images disappeared after that but maybe that's a red herring. Maybe they were in cache from the old version?

I'm on WP 3.4.2

I can set Clear Cache to on. It just reverts when I save it. What's up there?

The upgrade deleted my logo. I can go through the process of re-setting the same Custom Logo, but it doesn't appear.

Thanks
    ---------------------------------------
    Hi Ensinem

The clear cache button auto reverts. It clears the cache and then it switches off again thats how it works.

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul

"The clear cache button auto reverts. It clears the cache and then it switches off again thats how it works." Doh! *blush* I thought it was like the option on some browsers that clears after every session.

I have PM'ed you. BTW, my site is www.esinem.com

"One should also check one's .htaccess file" Which htaccess? My site seems to have no less than 17!

Thanks!
  • chrbonte said:

Hi

My site (http://www.supercolor.be/) --> Updated Wordpress to 3.4.1 and Striking theme to 5.1.8.3.

I deactived all plugins, cleared the cache, Timthumb and combine js/css set to OFF but I still don't see my slider images anymore and in subpages I don't see my images also.

The error I get in the console is
    jQuery(".lightbox", parent).colorbox is not a function
    http://www.supercolor.be/wp-content/themes/striking/js/custom.js?ver=3.4.1
    Line 344

Can you help me please?
    Thanks in advance
    Christophe

Happy Striking
    Striking Team
    James

Thanks a lot James for fixing my site. Top notch support!
    Christophe

I am having the same problem with my site. I took the same steps as Christophe but I still have no slider images or shortcode images. The images that open in a lightbox seem to work fine.

My site: www.hothousedesign.ca

Thanks!
    Shane
    -----------------------
    All matters resolved for both these users, and were related to settings and usage.
    James
  • Hello!

I just upgraded my WP to 3.4.2 and now attempting to upgrade Striking from 5.1.8.2 to 5.1.8.3 but am getting the current error message:

Catchable fatal error: Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string in /home/content/37/6091137/html/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 1355

I've read several posts elsewhere to tinker with the database (sometimes due to some of the nav_menu_item's or wp_posts needing to be removed) and I went into myPHPadmin and checked it out but I'm hoping there is a more safer, easier way around this as I am a novice when it comes to these things. However, with detailed instructions I can usually comprehend a possible solution.

Any input or guidance on how to fix this? Thanks in advance!
    -------------------------------
    Hi Eric,

Could you please try to update the theme by ftp upload?

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul

-------------------------
    @BackuPs,

I ended up just backing up my database and what not, switched themes, uninstalled 5.1.8.2 and fresh installed 5.1.8.3.

Happy to say I haven't seen any loss in any functionality.
    Hi Eric
    It sounds like you just had a bad install. This message occurs sometimes when there is an install error, so far as we can tell. And yes, deleting Striking then reinstalling it will result in everything showing up again, as everything is stored in the database, not in Striking. The database is at risk when one upgrades WP as occasionally WP updates the database. But in Striking we store info in the database, but our theme does not touch it for upgrades.

Happy Striking
    James
  • Hello,

I have duplicate content on pages with shortcode -> widget -> recent posts after enabling WPML. I have uploaded a screenshot of the issue, as I need to fix this immediately somehow and it will not look like this for you to review. My shortcode = [recent_posts extra="time" cat="203"] in page. Can you please help me fix this issue? Is there a setting I need to turn on or off?
    ----------------------------
    2012-09-27_092845.jpg
    666 x 1004 - 170K
  • Hi Collette

I cannot tell you why that is happening as I tested on our usual multilanguage site which has 5 languages and over 125 pages using wpml, and this does not occur. I cannot think of any Striking setting that might be causing this, nor wpml, at this moment.

Did you take a quick look to see if there were any scripting errors showing up on the page via firebug or web developer? I am wondering if something is interfering here.

I will consult around in the team to see if anyone else has a brainstorm.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Hi James,

I've tested this issue with widget > recent posts, popular posts, and portfolio list shortcodes. So, maybe it is an issue with wp-content\themes\striking\framework\shortcodes\widgets file? I am using Striking 5.1.8.3, WP 3.4.2, WPML Multilingual CMS 2.6.0. I also installed the WordPress Compatibility Installer Plugin, so I can get auto updates for WPML. Everything has been working correct, until we installed and configured WPML & WordPress Compatibility Installer Plugin. I deactivated Quick Cache to see if this is the issue, but the duplicate page content was still there. The screenshot I sent was our news page, I substituted the sitemap shortcode to prevent the duplicate content on the pages that use the recent post widget shortcode. There are 2 errors on this page noted below. However, all of my pages show this error. I attached another screenshot, showing another page with the recent posts widget shortcode, where it has duplicated all the content on the page. Thanks for any help you can provide.

"NetworkError: 404 Not Found - http://xxx/wp-content/themes/striking/images/score_buttons.png"

"NetworkError: 404 Not Found - http://xxx/wp-content/themes/striking/images/admin-bar-sprite.png?d=20111130"

~C
    2012-09-28_081033.jpg
    729 x 994 - 85K
  • Hi,
    I have an error that shortcode dialogs don't have scrollbars. I have attached printscreen of the issue. There are no errors showing up, apart from "NetworkError: 404 Not Found - ****/themes/striking/images/admin-bar-sprite.png?d=20111130" but I don't know if this is the issue. On shortcode dialogs that fit in the screen ( no scrollbars needed ) code inserting works, it just dosen't look like any css/js is applied on buttons, input fields etc.
    I have cleared cache several times, disabled all plugins and it dosen't do any good.
    Please help ! :)
    Homepage ‹ DETAR — WordPress.png
    1349 x 626 - 72K

• Hi, I have transferred my site to a new server. The site loads fine but trying to load the wordpress control panel (http://www.awake.co.il/index/wp-admin/) returns an error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/awakecoi/public_html/index/wp-content/themes/striking/functions.php:1) in /home/awakecoi/public_html/index/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 866

Can you assist in resolving this issue please?
  • clane967 said:

Hi James,

I've tested this issue with widget > recent posts, popular posts, and portfolio list shortcodes. So, maybe it is an issue with wp-content\themes\striking\framework\shortcodes\widgets file? I am using Striking 5.1.8.3, WP 3.4.2, WPML Multilingual CMS 2.6.0. I also installed the WordPress Compatibility Installer Plugin, so I can get auto updates for WPML. Everything has been working correct, until we installed and configured WPML & WordPress Compatibility Installer Plugin. I deactivated Quick Cache to see if this is the issue, but the duplicate page content was still there. The screenshot I sent was our news page, I substituted the sitemap shortcode to prevent the duplicate content on the pages that use the recent post widget shortcode. There are 2 errors on this page noted below. However, all of my pages show this error. I attached another screenshot, showing another page with the recent posts widget shortcode, where it has duplicated all the content on the page. Thanks for any help you can provide.

"NetworkError: 404 Not Found - http://xxx/wp-content/themes/striking/images/score_buttons.png"

"NetworkError: 404 Not Found - http://xxx/wp-content/themes/striking/images/admin-bar-sprite.png?d=20111130"

~C

I have found other issues with duplicate content and the WPML plugin on the WPML forum. I thought I should share this information with you, as there are some code modifications involved to repair. We still have not resolved duplicating content with WPML in the three shortcodes mentioned that display posts. Any help is appreciated.

Similar issues with duplicate post content and WPML:

http://wpml.org/forums/topic/duplicate-post-content-with-2-6-0/
    http://wpml.org/forums/topic/duplicate-post-content-using-wpml-and-woothemes-canvas/
    http://wpml.org/forums/topic/why-duplicate-posts-in-listing/

~C

• HI All!

@ C - hmm, it sounds like the matter is wpml as you have said. We will look over and see what we can do in Striking, if anything, for the next release. It is odd that it is hit and miss. We have a number of wpml sites, and in the Striking user family, hundreds, and maybe even thousands, and I don't recall us ever having encountered this matter.

On the missing image files, you can go to your striking master, grab them and upload them by ftp - I suspect you already have done that! You may just want to reinstall your entire image folder.

@ iluvar, you have a bad theme install. You should reinstall Striking by way of ftp. If you do not know how to do this, send me a pm (click on my name and send me a message) with your ftp and wp logins.

@ armadil, The "headers already sent" error is usually caused by having white space before or after the opening and closing PHP tags (<?php . . . ?>).

Have you recently edited the functions.php file? Read the error message carefully. It says "output started at ..." followed by a file name and a line number. That is the file (and line) that you need to edit. Ignore the second file name - that is only a file that included the file that has the whitespace. The first file is the one you have to edit, not the second one.

Search for a white space or line in front of, or after the php tags. Delete it. This error sometimes comes from an editor, so you may want to use a diff editor to make the correction. Or it could be you just inserted a break by accident.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Hi ... I went through all the steps of clearing the cache, fixing the js & css settings, and looking at the htaccess file and still the slider is doing:

src="THEME_CACHE_IMAGES_URI/1768_Dog-on-back-playing-in-grass-sm.jpg-960x393.jpg

Any ideas?

http://www.blissfulpets.com
  • Hi Jocelyn

I don't recall you posting before although your post gives me the impression you might have done so.

I think the image paths are incorrect. But as you have a child theme in action as well, I would have to actually go into your site to confirm matters. I would suggest that you send me a pm with your wp and ftp logins (click on my name), and your skype id as well, and I will go into your site and check out matters.

Your matter is not a theme error, but a usage matter, so properly it belongs in a thread rather then here where we deal with errors related to core code, but that's not a big deal.

Best Regards
    James
  • @mozakdesign,

pls update your childtheme you have a old version running.
  • Websys said:

HI All!

@ C - hmm, it sounds like the matter is wpml as you have said. We will look over and see what we can do in Striking, if anything, for the next release. It is odd that it is hit and miss. We have a number of wpml sites, and in the Striking user family, hundreds, and maybe even thousands, and I don't recall us ever having encountered this matter.

On the missing image files, you can go to your striking master, grab them and upload them by ftp - I suspect you already have done that! You may just want to reinstall your entire image folder.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

Hi James,

I discovered that the missing images do not exist in striking. They are a part of WP SEO and the error only occurs when I'm logged in. The shortcode issue seems to be a code incompatibility, as the resolutions I've read involve removing a "while" loop in a post query. I have submitted a ticket concerning this issue to WPML as well. Thanks.

~C
  • Hi...I just updated to WP 3.4.2 and here are 2 issues I have found:

-using the image uploader I am getting an [HTTP ERROR]
    -shortcodes are missing
    -cannot set feature image for slider function

Thanks!
  • WPML has provided a resolution that works for page.php, however it doesn't resolve the issue if the Widget Shortcode for querying blog posts is getting posts from the database. I suspect that the same code change will be necessary on the individual page templates to resolve the issue.

page.php

Can you please remove

while ( have_posts() ) :

from

<?php if ( have_posts() ) while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?>

So it looks like this:

<?php if ( have_posts() ) the_post(); ?>

Also remove

<?php endwhile; ?>
  • Hi C!

Thanks, will look into this.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • I can get slider images but turning on custom text & SlideShow doesn't seem to work any more. It is the same as SlideShow, I get images but no text, e.g. http://esinem.com/join (NSFW!). This image should have the custom text "The full members area contains a massive amount of previously unpublished shibari videos, articles and photographs, and is regularly updated with new content. Members will get the inside track on all the latest developments and plenty of tips and tricks that you won't learn in books. Members will also get priority on tickets to some events and special offers. If you have a serious interest in Japanese bondage, this is the place to be." Custom text only doesn't seem to display anything.

I pm'ed about this in September but so far no resolution :-(
  • Hi Esinem,

I just walked through my pm's from september. Besides that i have been away due to personal medical reasons in that period which could have caused me overlooking your pm i cant find any pm on this. Please can you send us a pm with admin login details.

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul
  • I may have found a bug.

From a post/page when trying to add the blog shortcode and wanting to display posts by Author, when I type in the author's name I get "No results match."

There isn't a dropdown of authors same way that specific category or specific posts display.

I did a search from google and found 0 solutions. So I thought I would post it here. Any thoughts to why this wouldn't be working?

Thanks
    Solomon
  • Hi Solomon

When you are working with the bloglist shortcode, and you click within the "Author (optional)" field, a drop down list should appear with a list of all the authors who have created a post. Are you saying that when you click in the field the authors are not showing? Please confirm.

I think I would need to log into your site to take a look. This works in all of our test beds (and we have a lot of those now!) and so I think the issue is unique to you again (better to be unique then not I say)!

Try reinstalling your author.php file, and also your blog.php file (striking/framework/shortcodes/blog.php) just to see if this resolves a corrupt file.

Otherwise, post a link, so we can check out the scripting, and see what, if any errors, show using the developer tools. As if the reinstall of the above files does not resolve, then most likely we have something running interference with the theme functions.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

• Hi James, sorry, I've just been able to try these options to try and fix the issue. I've tried these and they don't seem to work. I uploaded and overwrote the files you suggested. I'm using the child theme and I tried switching to just the striking parent theme with no luck either.

I will send you a private url. I'm not ready to have it viewed by the world just yet. I will also provide you with an admin user as well.

Thanks
    James.
  • (From my November 7th comment)

I've found a manual fix for those of you (if any) having the same issue I was when wanting to add the authors posts to the blog shortcode.

When your editing the shortcode from the kitchen sink icon, add what you need to add and then when you insert it to the page add the author="Id#" to the short code area as well.

ex. [blog author="Id# Here"]

And it should work for you.

Hope this helps you.
    Solomon
  • Hi Sol

Thanks for cross posting here. It should be noted that yours is still the only report of this happening in the Striking universe. But your post is a good reminder for all that if for some reason a portion of short code is not posting to the editor, manually adding it may still work.

My "gut check" is that something is preventing it from posting, can I ask, if you ftp into your site, and go to the Striking root, there is an error log, can you open it and let me know if anything is in it? You can to our pm we have going, if you find anything.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • I run WP3.4.2 and just updated Striking to the latest version.
    I lost the images in the slider on the homepage.
    Done all the stuff I can find and understand of this page.
  • Hi Joerka

May i ask did you clear your cache using the setting in the Advanced panel? If you are still having issues, then i ask that you give us a url, and perhaps send me a pm with your wp and ftp logins so I can take a look.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • In the end I deactivated and removed Striking. Deactivated all plug-ins. Reinstalled and activated Striking again. I removed the images, uploaded them again and created featured images. The slides became visible again. Now I am busy restoring widgets and such. Lost those.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion