24 AUGUST 2014 - UPDATE

1)  We have released Striking 5.3.1 today.  It will only available by the internal update function as this theme is deprecated and no longer available for sale. If you are still using the Striking Original theme the update notice should now be showing in your site although it may take some hours to propogate across the entire web.

2)   Please update to WP 3.9.2 asap as it deals with some security matters.  All Striking sites using MultiFlex 1.0.3+ or Striking 5.3/5.3.1 can be updated to WP 3.9.2. immediately.  We have tested the latest beta of WP 3.4 with our forthcoming Striking MultiFlex Ver 1.1 and they appear to be fine with each other.

3)   We are submitting Striking MultiFlex Ver 1.1 to Themeforest for approval on Monday August 25. The Themeforest approval process can take up to 5 days. We will advise on approval once received.

James on behalf of the Striking Team
To insert code use <code>...</code>.
Make header navigation menu 100% width- same as footer
  • I'm trying to make the navigation menu in my header 100% width, same as the footer. I have not been successful- have tried to change the settings for #header .inner, but this only creates more problems. Is there a way to only change the width of the navigation menu and not the rest of the header? Or a way to align the logo and jquery menu once I have changed the width of the header? http://imprintintertwine.com/
  • 7 Comments sorted by
  • Hi Kristin,

1) Remove the current 10px you have set.

Remove this code

.jqueryslidemenu ul li {display: inline;
    margin: 10px;
    left: 0px;
    }

You could try to add some margin to the menu.

.jqueryslidemenu ul li {
    margin-right: 20px;
    }

To get it centered add some padding to the menu and adjust the height.

#navigation {
    padding-left: 20px;
    }

Best regards,
    BackuPs
  • Thanks for responding! I'm still having the same problem, though.
    With 100% width on #header .inner, when I change the size of the screen, the top menu does not stay aligned with the rest of the body of the page. Yet the footer is still aligned- surely there is code to make the header adjust like the footer does...
  • Hi kristin,

If you need any help on this can you grant me access to the admin part of your website?

Just send me a private email with the login details to the admin.

Click on my name and then on the left you can send me a private email.

Please also include a link to this thread so i know what the personal mail is about.

Best regards,
    BackuPs
  • Hi Kristin,

Just to let others know.

The trick was:

1) to set a background for the header, which repeats from left to right. (you can make the white transparent if you want. This way you can have a alternate header color by the striking settings. I know you know how todo this. The header-bg height is 180px like set in the striking general settings. I you adjust that you need to adjust the header-bg).
    2) adjust the logo size (cut out the white top and bottom).
    3) adjusting the css code for the menu location.

Best regards,
    BackuPs
  • What file do we need to edit to achieve this?
  • Hi Iwebseo,

You do not need to edit any files. You just need to set a proper logo and a proper background in the header.

see http://bit.ly/ykbgAs

right click on the logo and rightclick on the header backround to view the image. You will see what i mean.

If you need any help on this can you grant me access to the admin part of your website?

Just send me a private email with the login details to the admin.

Click on my name and then on the left you can send me a private email.

Please also include a link to this thread so i know what the personal mail is about.

Best regards,
    BackuPs
  • Got it, thank you!