To insert code in a forum thread or comment wrap it in code tags: <code>...</code>.
Make header navigation menu 100% width- same as footer
  • I'm trying to make the navigation menu in my header 100% width, same as the footer. I have not been successful- have tried to change the settings for #header .inner, but this only creates more problems. Is there a way to only change the width of the navigation menu and not the rest of the header? Or a way to align the logo and jquery menu once I have changed the width of the header? http://imprintintertwine.com/
  • 7 Comments sorted by
  • Hi Kristin,

1) Remove the current 10px you have set.

Remove this code

.jqueryslidemenu ul li {display: inline;
    margin: 10px;
    left: 0px;
    }

You could try to add some margin to the menu.

.jqueryslidemenu ul li {
    margin-right: 20px;
    }

To get it centered add some padding to the menu and adjust the height.

#navigation {
    padding-left: 20px;
    }

Best regards,
    BackuPs
  • Thanks for responding! I'm still having the same problem, though.
    With 100% width on #header .inner, when I change the size of the screen, the top menu does not stay aligned with the rest of the body of the page. Yet the footer is still aligned- surely there is code to make the header adjust like the footer does...
  • Hi kristin,

If you need any help on this can you grant me access to the admin part of your website?

Just send me a private email with the login details to the admin.

Click on my name and then on the left you can send me a private email.

Please also include a link to this thread so i know what the personal mail is about.

Best regards,
    BackuPs
  • Hi Kristin,

Just to let others know.

The trick was:

1) to set a background for the header, which repeats from left to right. (you can make the white transparent if you want. This way you can have a alternate header color by the striking settings. I know you know how todo this. The header-bg height is 180px like set in the striking general settings. I you adjust that you need to adjust the header-bg).
    2) adjust the logo size (cut out the white top and bottom).
    3) adjusting the css code for the menu location.

Best regards,
    BackuPs
  • What file do we need to edit to achieve this?
  • Hi Iwebseo,

You do not need to edit any files. You just need to set a proper logo and a proper background in the header.

see http://bit.ly/ykbgAs

right click on the logo and rightclick on the header backround to view the image. You will see what i mean.

If you need any help on this can you grant me access to the admin part of your website?

Just send me a private email with the login details to the admin.

Click on my name and then on the left you can send me a private email.

Please also include a link to this thread so i know what the personal mail is about.

Best regards,
    BackuPs
  • Got it, thank you!