19 AUGUST 2014 - UPDATE

1)   Please update to WP 3.9.2 asap as it deals with some security matters.  All Striking sites using MultiFlex 1.0.3+ or Striking 5.3 can be updated to WP 3.9.2. immediately.  We have tested the latest beta of WP 3.4 with our forthcoming Striking MultiFlex Ver 1.1 and they appear to be fine with each other.

2)   In respect of Striking MultiFlex 1.1. Our build is complete however we are holding for the Rev Slider Team to address some bugs in their current build.  Once they have finished their bug corrections we can formally release.

3)  We anticipate releasing Striking 5.3.1 today.  It will only available by the internal update function as this theme is deprecated and no longer available for sale.

James on behalf of the Striking Team
To insert code use <code>...</code>.
Colors of a PNG image are altered slightly when inserted as custom logo
  • Hi,

Colors of a PNG image stored in the media library are changed slightly when inserted as custom logo.

For instance, the background color code of the logo before being uploaded to WP is #0C90C0, once in the WP media library it still remains #0C90C0, but once inserted as custom logo in Striking->General admin panel, turns into a mix of #3090BE and #2F8FBE, no matter if you look at it on the actual website or in striking->general admin panel. The diference is subtle but if I compare the original logo to the final result I can notice the diference.

I tried it as well inserting the logo from a url instead of from the WP media library and it happens exactly the same.

The only thing I can think of is some kind of compression applied to the png file when inserted as custom logo, that is altering the colors.

I know all this sounds weird but I promisse I checked it many times. I hope this is not an imagined error or some basic stuff I should already know, sorry if that is the case.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    --
    Diego
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • Hi Diego,

Can you attached your logo image?

I just try test the image below. But i didn't see the differences.

Regards,
    KaptinLin
    logo.png
    200 x 100 - 2K
  • hello,
    you have to save your images in sRGB, not just embed the profile, as the tools do not read color profiles. otherwise the images will be too "blond"
  • Hi KaptinLin,

Thanks for your help. I attach the original logo image and two screen shots taken in wordpress, one with the logo still in the media library (with the right colors) and the other one with the logo already inserted as "custom logo" in Striking->General (with the colors altered)

I can tell the difference between the two colors though I must say it is subtle. Just to make sure it was not my imagination I checked it with the extension for Chrome "Color Pick" and it confirmed my impression.

Thank you for putting so much effort catching up with so many open threads. I hope James recovers soon.
    --
    Diego

PD: Please, be aware that following James instructions I crossposted this to "Striking Ver 5.1.7 Discussion Thread - Changes, Error Reporting, etc"
    Logo_Piscinas_Castro-version_10b.png
    187 x 162 - 122K
    Screen Shot - Logo Still in Media Library.png
    320 x 270 - 39K
    Screen Shot - Logo Aready Inserted as Custom Logo in Striking.png
    459 x 204 - 40K
  • Hi tds,

Thanks for your comment.

I am not sure if I saved the image in sRGB. The file info tells me that the color profile is "sRGB IEC61966-2.1" and the color space is "RGB". Should the color space be sRGB instead of RGB?

The altered color compared to the original one has less cyan, more magenta, less yellow and the same black. So in fact it is less "blond" than the original one, as opposed to what you said.

Thanks again for your help,
    --
    Diego