Live Support to user questions is now offline and returning on Wednesday April 23 approx 1pm EST.

MultiFlex is WP 3.9 compatible and Release 1.0.3 has been approved by Themeforest and can be downloaded from your TF account..

Striking 5 series is WP 3.9 compatible other then the shortcode button does not work in the Visual Editor.

WPML IS NOT WP 3.9 COMPATIBLE and has some serious issues. WPML has a beta 3.1.5b which seems to restore functionality. Also be advised that many other plugins are experiencing very signficant issues with WP 3.9 and you should check with each plugin on their current WP 3.9 status

To insert code use <code>...</code>.
Disable Automatic p tags
  • Hello,

I am trying to disable the automatic adding of p tags....

I tried adding : <?php remove_filter (‘the_content’, ‘wpautop’); ?>

to my page template php files (full width, ect files)

as described on this page: http://www.thewebsiteprofessionals.com/wordpress-paragraph-tags.html

However that did not help....

any idea?

thanks!
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • OK .. I have investigated this for awhile now, and it has to do with something about this theme...

when I change to the default theme, it doesnt add 'p' tags... but this theme does.

The reason I need to stop WP from automatically adding these tags is because I have a script I need to add in the content area, and its adding 'p' tags all over it.

As soon as I switch to the default theme, the 'p' tags are gone and the script works.

I even tried this plugin to disable 'p' tags, and it still didnt work in this theme : http://urbangiraffe.com/plugins/disable-wpautop/

Any help would be great!!

Thanks!
  • I may be wrong here, but I believe that Kaptinlin defines his own wpautop. Also could be an issue of priority, in a theme as complicated as Striking and using add_filter and remove_filter, weird issues can occur relating to the priority - default is 10. Check out the codex for remove_filter
  • Hi,

In 'striking/framework/functions/shortcodes/typography.php'

You will see the code below

/**
    * Disable Automatic Formatting on Posts
    * Thanks to TheBinaryPenguin (http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-remove-wpautop-wptexturize-with-a-shortcode)
    */
    function theme_formatter($content) {
    $new_content = '';
    $pattern_full = '{(\[raw\].*?\[/raw\])}is';
    $pattern_contents = '{\[raw\](.*?)\[/raw\]}is';
    $pieces = preg_split($pattern_full, $content, -1, PREG_SPLIT_DELIM_CAPTURE);

foreach ($pieces as $piece) {
    if (preg_match($pattern_contents, $piece, $matches)) {
    $new_content .= $matches[1];
    } else {
    $new_content .= wptexturize(wpautop($piece));
    }
    }

return $new_content;
    }
    remove_filter('the_content', 'wpautop');
    remove_filter('the_content', 'wptexturize');

This will cause the issue.