24 AUGUST 2014 - UPDATE

1)  We have released Striking 5.3.1 today.  It will only available by the internal update function as this theme is deprecated and no longer available for sale. If you are still using the Striking Original theme the update notice should now be showing in your site although it may take some hours to propogate across the entire web.

2)   Please update to WP 3.9.2 asap as it deals with some security matters.  All Striking sites using MultiFlex 1.0.3+ or Striking 5.3/5.3.1 can be updated to WP 3.9.2. immediately.  We have tested the latest beta of WP 3.4 with our forthcoming Striking MultiFlex Ver 1.1 and they appear to be fine with each other.

3)   We are submitting Striking MultiFlex Ver 1.1 to Themeforest for approval on Monday August 25. The Themeforest approval process can take up to 5 days. We will advise on approval once received.

James on behalf of the Striking Team
To insert code use <code>...</code>.
Shortcode Generator doesn't work
  • Hi,

The module 'Shortcode Generator' does not work. Not shown the button "Send Shortcode to Editor' and some functions of the code Blog not shown. Attached two screenshots.

I have several installations by FTP. I'm desperate, what I can do? Help!!
    Thanks

shortcode
    shortcode-blog
  • 24 Comments sorted by
  • Hi there,
    My problem with shortcode generator is slightly different.
    There is a "Send Shortcode to Editor" button but when i choose something from the shortcode dropdown menu (e.g. Typography) nothing happens. No options or anything.

Any ideas?

Regards
    Yiannis
  • Hi, I'm having the same problem. Doesn't matter what I choose in the "Send Shortcode to Editor" nothing happens.

I've tried it in IE, FF 4.01, and Chrome 11

Thanks!
  • Hi,

Can you give me a permission to your wordpress admin panel?

My email is kaptinlin@gmail.com

Also which browse do you used?

Regards,
    KaptinLin
  • Hi,

I've given administrator access to my site (is-arquitectura.es).

I used all browsers (IE8, IE9, Chrome11, Safari5.0.5, Firefox4.0.1 and iOS4.3.3).

Remember that I have two more incidents Striking:

1- "Previous & Next Navigation" -->Error
    2- Problem with recent posts on the Homepage (Chrome, Safari and iOS)

Thanks
  • @ Kehyian and ConnieM

Please send me your wp and ftp logins, and I will go into your installations. Also pls include your themeforest name and purchase id - this is standard request now as there seems to be a lot of piracy of the theme. We want to know that the people we are assisting are genuine purchasers.
  • Hi Fergofer00 ,

Not sure why the send button miss. You may unzip the attached file to striking/includes/ folder then have a try.

Regards,
    KaptinLin
    shortcode.zip
  • Hi KaptinLin,

I uploaded the file. Sorry, but continued to have the same problem. :(

Note that not only removes the send button, also missing some elements of the configuration of "Shortcode->Blog":

img src="http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p115/fergofer00/Otros/shortcode-blog.jpg" alt="shortcode-blog" />

Regards
  • Hi,

It's strange. Can you deactive the plugins you used, then have a try?

Regards,
    KaptinLin
  • FYI to anyone else having this issue with the shortcode generator not working, I had same problem, even after updating to latest Striking and latest WP version, and it still didn't work for me.

I just deactivated all my plugins (luckily only 4 at the moment) and it started working. After activating them one at a time, I found it was the CMS Tree Page View plugin that was the culprit. Too bad as I use that plugin in almost all my client sites, and this one in particular because there are over 100 pages...so I'll have to find another.

Hope this helps someone else :)
  • Hi ConnieM,

Thanks for the info. I will test with CMS Tree Page View plugin later.

Regards,
    KaptinLin
  • Hi,

I disabled all plugins ... And shortcode generator doesn't work.

Regards
  • Hi ConnieM,

You can unzip the attached file to 'striking/includes/' folder to fix the issue.

Regards,
    KaptinLin
    shortcode.zip
  • Hi Fergofer00,

Not sure what cause it.

Maybe you can try re-install striking then have a try.

Regards,
    KaptinLin
  • I'm also having this exact issue
    kehyian said:

There is a "Send Shortcode to Editor" button but when i choose something from the shortcode dropdown menu (e.g. Typography) nothing happens. No options or anything.

I've reinstalled striking, updated and even reverted back to older versions and still nothing. I've disabled plugins, downloaded the shortcode.zip file above.

Help is appreciated.
  • Hi KaptinLin,

After upgrading to Striking 3.0.6

this problem still occurs.

Regards
  • I am also having the same problem. I upgraded, deactivated the plugins, checked permissions and still have the same issue. I am hosting with Dreamhost, not sure if this makes a difference or not.
  • Hi,

It's really confusing me.
    If you have this problem, please give me a permission to your wordpress admin panel.

Also your ftp info.

My email is kaptinlin@gmail.com

Regards,
    KaptinLin
  • I am having similar issue. However most shortcodes do work, but when I try to use list styles only the text appears, no graphic.
  • Try adding this piece of code to the top wp-config.php right after the <?php. It may be an issue of memory, this worked for me.<br />
    define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '64M');
  • Hi satori83,

What do you mean graphic?

Regards,
    KaptinLin
  • Hi KaptiLin,
    I've the same problem than Kehyian
    I wrote you on themeforest about this problem and you answer me to change permission on FTP but it doesn't work.

Please when you find a solution Let us know beacause it's a great tool and I miss him.

Thank you

Romain
  • Hi Romain,
    You can see the image below.

I just rewrite shortcode generator.

You can wait a few days.

I will release it soon.

Regards,
    KaptinLin
    1.png
    793 x 897 - 40K
  • I have a slightly different problem. I moved a site from my sandbox to the client's server and now the shortcode generator is missing altogether.

Also, none of the images using the [image][\image] shortcode are showing up (the 3-d shadow effect is showing, however). I've attached a screenshot of both the missing shortcode generator and the missing photos with effect.

Finally, many of the links are showing as broken (have a line through them) and some pages are 404 though I have a feeling that's a server config problem - everything worked perfectly on my own host.

Thank you for taking all this time to help your customers - you obviously care about your template. They are outstanding.

Melinda
    Melindaroberts.net
    striking shortcode.png
    664 x 1000 - 312K
  • Hi Melinda:

The 500 error is a catch all type of error indicating the server experienced an error that prevented it from completing a request.

In this case, I believe the issue is the domain. Due to the nature of some of the scripts in Striking, it will not function properly if you have the tilde "~" symbol in the domain path.

You will have to change the domain or domain path so the tilde symbol is not in it, and then I believe everything should work fine. It should be a domain path without special symbols, if possible.

BTW, you are posting in the thread for a now out of date version of Striking. We are up to version 4.0.2. and there are security considerations, as well as many new features, in the newest version, and may I suggest you update to it?

Best Regards
    Websys Team
    James