To insert code in a forum thread or comment wrap it in code tags: <code>...</code>.
CLOSED- Ver 3.0 - contact form not working
  • my contact page is not sending mail after upgrade. it reports everything fine, but no mail arrives. it worked prior.

during troubleshooting I noticed something weird in html generated by page. the @ sign is replaced by * sign. is this by design? if you check the sendmail.php form that the form action calls, the @ sign is never replaced. this would explain why emails are being sent to nowhere, and it looks like it was sent. Please look into this and let me know why the @ sign is not in html. html for form is below:

<form class="contact_form" action="http://databaseindays.com/wp-content/themes/striking30/includes/sendmail.php&quot; method="post">
    <p><input type="text" required="required" id="contact_1741_name" name="contact_1741_name" class="text_input" value="" tabindex="5" />

<label for="contact_1741_name">Name *</label></p>
    <p><input type="email" required="required" id="contact_1741_email" name="contact_1741_email" class="text_input" value="" tabindex="6" />
    <label for="contact_1741_email">Email *</label></p>
    <p><textarea required="required" name="contact_1741_content" class="textarea" cols="30" rows="5" tabindex="7"></textarea></p>
    <p><button type="submit" class="button white"><span>Submit</span></button></p>
    <input type="hidden" value="1741" name="contact_widget_id"/>
    <input type="hidden" value="steelpulsefan*gmail.com" name="contact_1741_to"/>

</form>
  • 12 Comments sorted by
  • opps i didnt have the 3.01 download. i thought the big yellow message above was for the just released 3.0. my bad. will install the new fix and report back.
  • Norman

It is believed that the error was fixed in Ver 3.0.1. Please do reply back confirming your contact form problems were resolved.

Thanks
  • Seems to be working properly with 3.01!

Great, thnx Kappy et al!
  • Hi Norman,

You are welcome.

Regards,
    KaptinLin
  • Hi guys,

I'm still experiencing issues with this.

I'm using the Configure SMTP plugin and can receive the test email but when I try it on the live site I get nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks
  • I am also having issues with the contact form. The form on the site works fine but I never get the email. All the contact information is correct.

I have installed:
    Wordpress 3.1
    Striking 3.0.1
    both in root folder.

I am not using any other plugins.

Please let me know your thought.
    Thanks
  • OK, I noticed that if I remove the contact form from the sidebar I do get the emails from the contact page. Am I doing something wrong or should I not have a contact form in the sidebar of my other pages?
    Thanks
  • Hi Elky

You may try WP Mail SMTP plugin.
    And you can use gmail smtp server to send mails.

Use these settings with the plugin
    SMTP Host: smtp.gmail.com
    SMTP Port: 465
    Encryption: SSL
    Authentication: Yes
    Username: your full gmail address
    Password: your mail password

For the plugin, you can read:
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/

It will help you.

Regards
    KaptinLin
  • Hi jmunto

Did you update Striking 3.01?

Regards
    KaptinLin
  • I can't get this to work also.
    It sends the messages but I can't see them in my inbox and I don't want to use gmail.
    I have uploaded
    Striking 3.01
    Wordpress 3.1
    Please help.
    Everything else seems to be working fine except this.
    Thanks
  • thanks KaptinLin,
    I'll give it a try.
    Thanks again for the great support.
  • Yes, the contact form is working now after the 3.0.1 update. sorry of the delay, but this forum does not send emails when new comments issued and I have been a tad busy.

Lets close this thread shall we??
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions