To insert code in a forum thread or comment wrap it in code tags: <code>...</code>.
AVAILABLE! - STRIKING MULTIFLEX & ECOMMERCE RESPONSIVE RELEASE 1.0.3 - April 18. 2014
  • MultiFlex Update 1.0.3 Released 18 April 2014

This release has been approved at Themeforest and is now available for download. It is now also available via the api for updating via the internal theme update settings.

Version 1.0.3 - April 18, 2014
    ==============================================
    Added : New portfolio type -> HTML Portfolio - "Freestyle" Portfolio list items!
    (props user "BrianTx" for having a design problem providing the impetus for a new portfolio type not found anywhere else! :) )
    Added : 3 new Carousel & Product Carousel settings -> Speed, Delay and Touch (mobile device setting)
    Added : Support for WP Auto Embeds (see WP Codex on Embeds)
    Tweaked : Significant rework of RTL CSS and nav js for RTL functionality (props user "Distiple")
    Tweaked : Carousel Slider & Product Slider to work in multiple tabs, accordions, toggle shortcodes.
    Updated : Revolution Slider to build 4.3.5
    Changed: Shortcode icon for the tinymce editor for WP 3.9 and implemented new shortcode appearence for the visual editor.
    Changed : significant modification of image caching & resizing script. If image uploaded is exact dimension of use parameter it will be utilized rather then a cached version. (props users "pat2858" and "polle" for pointing out the shortcomings of our past caching function).
    Fixed : Icon Menu padding in RTL (props user "Vitthal")
    Fixed : Carousel Slider in RTL (props user "Distiple")
    Other: Other: numerous code tweaks to responsive css, woo css, slider css for mobile device behaviours

MultiFlex moves to 1.0.3 series as this build is a significant update from the 1.0.2 series given the new portfolio type, changes to the image resizing functionality, and the wp auto embed filtering.

Here is a portion of the help description for the new portfolio type:

The Portfolio HTML type enables creation of a custom designed portfolio list items using the content of the wp editor in place of the normal featured image. Whereas typical portfolio items have an arranged layout displaying a featured image, title, description, excerpt, etc, for each post item, with an html portfolio item what is displayed in a portfolio list will be exactly as it has been created in the content editor.

An analogy for long time users of Striking is the html slide in the Anything Slider. Or the content of a single slide in the Revolution slider. The slide displays exactly what is input into the editor, and similarly so with the HTML Portfolio item. Whether displayed in a list, or the single post page, what is designed is exactly what the viewer will see.

We are thinking of renaming this to "Freestyle" portfolio type, what do you think? :D :D

This is a big deal. We know of no other theme offering a freestyle portfolio function for lists (and we have canvassed a bit). It provides users absolute freedom to design custom content which they can categorize and organize, and set up to display in lists and the single post pages of course. So it is yet another unique theme feature.

To see a live example of a freestyle portfolio item in a mixed list please go to this example:

HTML Portfolio Example

On the weekend we will prepare up something more comprehensive with more examples. That is just one of our test beds, although the kb slider at the top does feature a slide with a sidebar containing a button, video, etc that one of us was toodling around with at some point in the past.

The RTL and image reworks are also subtantial. The revised image functions will yet again postiviely impact performance, and the RTL changes in both the front and back end I think are getting us to the point we can claim to have an excellent RTL product. We have a lot of feedback recently that our theme is very fast, and the change in the image script will impact positively those who are seeking to eke out every byte if they hold to the religion of Google and its opinion of what comprises an optimized site.

The auto embed can be useful for a media type we do not have shortcoded. Please refer to:

WP Codex Embeds

for more info on embed options. I will explain more later about what our shortcodes do that embeds do not.

Striking MultiFlex is WP 3.9 compatible. We are hoping that there is some new functionality of which we can take advantage over time. We have restyled the shortcode button appearence and an image of it is attached below.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    shortcode-button-visual-editor.jpg
    799 x 189 - 26K
  • 49 Comments sorted by
  • SPECIAL INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

We have become aware of the fact that due to php settings on certain hosts, in some instances users who updated through prior versions of MultiFlex do not actually have in place at this time a "correct" install.

What we have found is that a routine in our update process responsible for deleting out of date files has been blocked from running. This has led to a variety of errors, some of which you may have seen populate the forum recently when a user has complained about loss of functionality.

Note this is different then the WSOD some users have reported, which is due to insufficient processing being available from a host in order to run a WP 3.8 website and the theme.

Therefore, although we are going to make the release also available in the Striking API so users can update via the theme update setting, we strongly recommend that users update by ftp, and instead of the normal "merge and replace" which is default for most ftp programs, that they undertake a proper "delete and replace" ftp update.

A delete and replace is actually very simple to undertake:

1) as always, make a full site backup, its good to have on hand. If you are using Cpanel, you can usually undertake one from the hosting control panel. Or contact your host. They can help you.

We also suggest that occassions such as this are a good opportunity to update some files you should always have stored: a txt document containing a copy of all your custom css and scripts, and a txt doc with an export of your Striking site options from the Import and Export tab in the Advanced Panel. Remember when creating and saving the options to have the text doc in a mode where word wrap is off, so that you don't insert any "breaks" into the base 64 code, since a hard return is a function and will "break" your options code backup!

2) Put your site in maintenance mode. You will need a maintenance mode plugin, and your site will be in maintenance mode for anywhere from 2-5 minutes typically depending on your internet speed and the quality of your hosting. If your site is low traffic, this is not an absolute necessity - > while you are undertaking the update a site visitor might get a cached version of the site, or simply a message from their browser that the site is unavailable.

Go to to Striking Advanced Panel, and clear the cache. This removes all the cached images in the cache folder, which speeds up step 2 below. If you are running a caching plugin, clear its cache as well.

Open both the dashboard and the theme admin panel open in different browswer tabs. You will not surf anything however while you are undertaking the following steps! Just have both these tabs open for steps below.

2) ftp to the root of the site, and surf to the file path:

Cpanel:
    public html/wp-content/themes

Plesk:
    httpdocs/wp-content/themes

and in the themes folder you will see a list of folders one of which is "striking_r". You want to delete this folder!!! :D :D

Yes, delete it. You must be thinking we are nuts. Unless of course you understand how WP works... Theme files do not have anything to do with the db content, so when you delete a theme in ftp, all the content you have created in pages is stored in the db, all the media is sitting in the uploads folder, all the plugins in the plugin folder, etc, just waiting for the correct theme to come and call upon it. And it sits there for an eternity sometimes.

So go ahead and delete this folder. You can usually right click and a dialog pops up which has a delete option. Or there may be a trash can icon in the ftp button options or menu trees.

3) after deletion is complete, immediately transfer up the striking_r folder (which you have unpacked from the themeforest download/unpacked the zip called "striking_r-1.0.3.zip) into the themes folder.

It will take a few moments for the folder to upload typically. Usually ftp programs have some sort of a file transfer progress meter.

Again, impt - dont surf your site in the admin while doing these deletions and transfers. You will possibly wsod if you do since it could be the file you are calling is not yet available. Patience is a virtue here! The pages from above that are open, just leave them as is. The moment the theme is 100% uploaded they are "connected" again.

4) once your ftp program shows the theme is 100% uploaded, go to your brower tab that had the theme panel open. Refresh that page. Then hover over the MultiFlex Thumbnail and click on the Theme Details. Look for the version number and info as per the images below.

5) Now using your other tab which was open on the dashboard, go to any Striking Panel such as the General Panel or Color Panel, and save it. This just writes a new skin file for the theme reinstating all the theme options you have chosen and are stored in the database.

6) You are done! How easy was that! Not hard at all actually - open, backup, open ftp, delete, upload, refresh, done!.

I will be back shortly to write more (1125pm EST for me at this moment April 18)) after taking a break.

If in doubt, communicate first with us. IF something happens, freeze! Don't do anything - communicate with us! Golden rule, communicate with us.

Happy Striking!

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

themedetails.jpg
    532 x 391 - 51K
    themedetails2.jpg
    1087 x 468 - 88K
  • OTHER INFORMATION - UPDATED 19 APRIL 2014

Update - WPML 3.1.4 currently breaks the txt shortcode button in Striking MultiFlex 1.0.3. and is breaking various theme functions in many other themes (incl ours). Our analysis shows they have some core js conflicts with wp 3.9. They are aware of this and have published indicating that wpml users should not update to WP 3.9, or they can use the beta, pending their resolving their issues. They have an excellent team over there and will work through it all.

More info about plugins at the bottom of this comment.....

-->>The new tinymce script in WP has an api so we have written a brand new shortcode button interface for the visual editor, and the Distraction Free writing mode. For those of you doomed to the visual editor, we believe you will like the new design.

The vis editor still has all this bloody awful autotexturizing that can completely muck up matters if one switches to the txt editor to do some real work. Remember to save prior to switching, and I would even go so far as to take the content and do the draft work in a sep testing page as it is only the active edited page that gets affected by these matters. Sof if doing page building and you find yourself constantly switching between modes, then build in a sep test page The visual editor is fine if you want to constrain yourself to the limits of what the core provides for editing, but the moment one wants to move beyond it, it really is not very good.

BTW, we have noticed some WP 3.9 core issues and handling of media in the visual mode editor.

For example, if you auto embed some media it autoplays even when in the visual editor after it has finished loading. Might be good if you want to listen to some tunes at youtube while editing a page!

There are a very large number of reported errors for WP 3.9 core already in the error tracking at the codex, almost all related to the visual editor so expect that an update will be coming out. So if you experience something odd - Do not assume it is the theme - it almost certainly is a core issue.

It also has numerous visible RTL formatting issues but I don't see any tracking for that yet in the core trac most likely as RTL gets little attention immediately after a core release as WP traction in RTL environments is well behind the usage rate in western world.

BE ADVISED THAT WE ARE OBSERVING A LARGE NUMBER OF ERROR REPORTS FOR JETPACK, WPML, THE VISUAL COMPOSER AND NEXTGEN ARE SEVERLY EFFECTED BY WP 3.9 AND MAY NOT BE FUNCTION CORRECTLY!!

WPML has a beta version 3.1.5.b available for addressing some of its issues but a formal version is not in release yet and they have said will not be available until next week. Check with each plugin creator for issues regarding it and WP 3.9.

Web reports indicate a many users reporting Woo related issues with WP 3.9 - the shortcode button is missing in the visual editor, but a wide variety of other matters are reported. Experience tells us most of these will end up being attributed to user error, and time will flesh out the rest.

Every theme and plugin which interacts with the visual editor has to release an update, as WP 3.9 contains a very different tinymce build then the prior version. And some plugins are also impacted by changes in media functions.

shortcode-button-visual-editor.jpg
    799 x 189 - 26K
  • Great job James and team... You guys rock! Freestyle portfolio is a major advancement! :D
  • "Freestyle" is a great name and reflects the capability nicely. Go Striking team> :))
  • Wonderful! I just spent almost the entire day updating 50 sites!!!
    Thanks for all your efforts on our behalf:-)

--------------------

Hi El,

we appreciate your business and support and I would be glad to contact you on skype and give you a hand.

Best regards,
    Striking Team
    Paul

Thanks Paul I am fine. I think most of my sites are OK only had one issue and the hosting company solved that one for me. I just wish WP would have waited for their update if there are so many problems with it.
  • Small issue with the latest update

Woocommerce is not saving the "Product Image Sizes"

they keep reverting to:

Catalog Images 219x200
    Single Product Image 294x300
    Product Thumbnails 91x100

This results in ugly product images

Steps to reproduce:

(1) Woocommerce>settings>products

(2) set image dimensions to:

Catalog Images 200x200
    Single Product Image 300x300
    Product Thumbnails 100x100

(3) Click save

(4) navigate away

(5) Woocommerce>settings>products

The Product Image Sizes revert to their previous dimensions

Catalog Images 200x200

I know its the theme, because if i enable the Twenty Eleven theme, the issue goes away

I followed the steps for "A delete and replace" update method

Please advise.
  • Hi

I ran the same test. I can do a screencast video it as well for you. My result was as follows:

Step 1: In my case the test bed had the following:

Original Sizes
    Catalog Images 219x219
    Single Product Image 294x294
    Product Thumbnails 91x91

So I

Step 2: Reset to

Catalog Images 200x200

Keep in mind that in Striking, one can vary the height value, but woo has hardcoded the width ability aspect of their framework and it cannot be dynamic when a themebuilder is templating over Woo (we are examining coding around this btw, and even possibly making the values dynamic from product page to product page).

The first numbers in Step 1 are our settings for the three image sizes set as default in Striking - lines 8-10 of woocommerce.php (striking_r/framework/functions). With the change in step 2, I would expect the width value (the first number) to reset back to our theme default template value but the 2nd number to stay as set in Step 2.

3) Saved

4) Navigated away

5) Woocommerce>settings>products

In my case, as expected, I found the width values reverted to the theme defaults. But I found the 2nd values (height) remained as I had set in Step 2, so my resulting values were:

Catalog Images 219x200

This is as it should be.

I just read your post again thoroughly, and at the top you said:

Small issue with the latest update

Woocommerce is not saving the "Product Image Sizes"

they keep reverting to:

Catalog Images 219x200

This results in ugly product images

But at the bottom you said:

(5) Woocommerce>settings>products

The Product Image Sizes revert to their previous dimensions

Catalog Images 200x200

But if after all the changes you made, they reverted to

Catalog Images 219x200

This is correct! As we indicate in the Striking WooCommerce Tab Help section, you can vary the height of Woo images, but you cannot vary the width (I attach an image below).

But if you had in the past customized your width setting via a hard mod of the woocommerce.php file previously, you can go do so again.

Forgive me if I misunderstood, but I think there is no error or issue here.

I can easily whip up a quick screencast of what I did above. The behaviour was exactly as it should be. I made adjustments to both width and height. The width reset back to the theme defaults (ie it was ignored) but the new height value was accepted.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

woo-sizes-after-test.jpg
    779 x 324 - 79K
    woo settings help.jpg
    627 x 389 - 165K
  • Websys said:

snip*

The first numbers in Step 1 are our settings for the three image sizes set as default in Striking - lines 8-10 of woocommerce.php (striking_r/framework/functions). With the change in step 2, I would expect the width value (the first number) to reset back to our theme default template value but the 2nd number to stay as set in Step 2.

with that bit of info about the woocommerce.php i was able to manually set it to
    200x200
    300x300
    100x100

Which is exactly what i wanted, just perfectly square thumbnails :)

I had another quick question about a layout issue

if you go here:
    http://otherworldmedia.tv/store/shop/digital-download/

you can see that some of the products are not evenly spaced out and divided from each other.

If you change the zoom level with ctrl + or - you can see it becomes better or worse depending on what zoom level you are at
  • Hello everyone,
    updated all of my sites the clean way and everything is fine! :)>-
  • I have to admit, I was holding my breath while updating both the dev and production sites to 1.0.3 using James' instructions above, but the updates appear to have caused no issues. If I come across anything that looks out of whack, I'll share that with the community.

Great work guys!!!

Jan C.
  • Oh, ye of little faith........ :D

I cannot tell you all how many times over the years I have done a screenshare with one of you all, and while showing them how to do things in ftp, deleted the striking folder to commence the correct of their various "errors" (usually self inflicted), and had them scream, yell, almost drop dead in shock. It never ceases to be funny.....

But I have been called some terrible things in that moment! :)) :))

The release is now available via the api and your internal update settings. This is my lone action for today. Now I am off to family functions, food, wine, food, etc.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • hey,

one question regarding the ftp steps. After step 4 where the upload is done by filezilla and i go to the theme section that is open and refresh the page the newly version is not activated yet. is this correct?
    And can i just activate it and then go to the other op theme options, for instance colour and press "save" to make the skin

grtz desch

Hi Desch

Are you good or not? Can you let me know please.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • I don't think you did it correctly. Download the file from TF. UNZIP IT. Then,

In your themes folder, You DELETE the striking_r folder. Or open it and delete ALL the contents.
    Then, FTP with filezilla the files you unzipped to the striking_r folder.

I then went to THEME OPTIONS / ADVANCED and Clear CACHE.

That's all you have to do. It should be up and running.

I have done about a dozen this way and NO problems whatsoever.
  • Hi,

I have installed the new String R theme 10.3 but the Revolution slider is not installed. how to install the revolution slider.

And

The WordPress is getting auto-update. how to stop this.
    Will I get a new Purchase code for the theme.

Help.

Thanks
    Gajendrakumar M
  • i!

I notice a small bug on the portfolio responsive layout in medium/small view (see attach).
    How to reproduce:
    1. Go to http://kaptinlin.com/themes/strikingr/portfolio-pages/
    2. Reduce the window to medium/mobile
    3. Clic on "Animals" to filter the portfolio to display the bug.

Sometimes, you can reproduce it without the filter, just resize the window and the pictures overlap the footer.

Cheers!
    Dom

HI Dom

Our first official bug of the 1.0.3 series. It appears to be a clear both issue in the js for that resizing. We will isolate it and fix it for the next update. We did some more code optimization for 1.0.3 and perhaps we deleted something by accident as I don't recall this issue before the 1.0.3 update, or perhaps just no one noticed.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • ananyagaju
    Revolution Slider is indeed already installed if you have installed Striking MultiFlex properly.
    You do not need a new purchase code. You just use your original code when updating.
    What version of Striking-R did you have installed previously?
    Did you read the INSTALLATION information provided? You should do that BEFORE attempting an install.
    There is also a video to watch for proper installation. Go here to view videos:http://www.strikingsupport.com/video-tutorials
  • The WordPress is getting auto-update. how to stop this.

You can stop auto-updates of WP core by adding the following line toward the bottom of your wp-config.php file:

define( 'WP_AUTO_UPDATE_CORE', false );

If you'd like to read more about autoupdates in general, see http://codex.wordpress.org/Configuring_Automatic_Background_Updates .

Cheers,

Jan C.
  • Hi,

I have installed the new String R theme 10.3 but the Revolution slider is not installed. how to install the revolution slider.

And

The WordPress is getting auto-update. how to stop this.
    Will I get a new Purchase code for the theme.

Help.

Thanks
    Gajendrakumar M

@ elames and iamjanco - First thank you both for stepping in to assist this new user to our product.

@ ananyagaju The Revolution Slider is part of the theme, you do not need to buy a license for it. Go to Striking MultiFlex→Slider Show→Slideshow General→Enable Revolution Slider Plugin→ON and then save the Slider Show Panel. After this, refresh your webpage and now you will see the Rev Slider showing in the WP admin menu just below the Settings Tab.

As Jan C indicated, the WP update function is not a theme matter, but a WP core matter, and the information he gave you will allow you to change the wp update function to that which you desire.

Happy Striking!
    Striking Team
    James

RevSlider.jpg
    795 x 442 - 61K
  • Hey James,

Sorry for this late reaction. And it worked, i just activated the theme. However and I don't know if Elames message was for me but i followed exactly your instructions. Also step 4. But elames says that after the upload by ftp he does not go to theme panel first and refresh page like the instructions says but he goes directly to advanced-clear cache.

Whats the best way?
    thanks.
  • HI Desch

Individual designers may take shortcuts if they are confident about certain matters. It also sometimes depends on your host. But to make you comfortable do as follows:

a) go to the theme panel and refresh it to confirm you have the theme installed, per the Official Version text I place there for everyone as a visible "prompt" so they would know they were successful.

b) go clear the advanced cache.

c) go save a panel such as the color panel or font panel. All you are doing here is rewriting the skin file. It would eventually be rewritten anyways, but this gets it done immediately.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Hi James, Paul et al,

Currently I'm approaching, if not in, panic mode. Let me explain.

Some days ago I accepted the prompt to upgrade to WP 3.9. I checked our site, and everything looked fine. Around the same time you released Striking Multiplex 3.0, which after swallowing hard I followed your instructions to FTP the striking_r folder upto the root of our site (after deleting the old folder first). Everything seemed to go exceptionally well, I checked the site afterwards and as I had hoped there were no discernable issues.

There seemed to be several problems.

1: Firstly there was no writeable area in the 'Visual Editor', and the usual visible toolbar was not evident there either.

2: I could only add the post by using the 'Text' area - the 'toolbar' could however be seen and used here.

3: When I tried to click on the Visual or Text tab neither seemed very responsive, on most occasions nothing happened. In fact if I was in the 'Text' area and clicked the 'Visual' tab it didn't work at all.

I believe that I followed your instructions to the letter, so I am really perplexed as to what is causing the problems I now have.

I look forward to hearing from you, with any suggestions you might have on the above.

Regards,

Alan
    -------------------

Resolved! Alan had a plugin which was not wp 3.9 compatible and it removed the the entire tinymce function as a result. I disabled the plugin and now he is 100%

And Alan, your theme install was fine. You did everything correct other then heeding the warning about non-compliant plugins.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

• Hey james,

But like i said in my original question. When the theme is uploaded with ftp and i go to theme panel and refresh the page striking theme is not the one that is activated. I first have to push the activate button. Since that is not in your instruction i want to know if this normal.
    Thanks
    Desch
  • HiDesch,

That only happens when you upload a

1) complete new theme
    2) you delete the current theme before uploading the new one,
    3) if you upload a theme not correctly in the themesfolder but as a sub sub folder in the themes folder.

Best regards,
    Paul
    Striking Team
  • Hey paul,

In my case nr 2, but that is suppose to happen if you follow the instructions isn't it.
    The instruction says delete the folder and then upload the new version.
    I just want to know if i am doing everything ok.

Grtz
    Desch
  • Desch

It seems to me you have. But if you have any doubts, send me your wp and ftp logins, and I will check. It will only take me literally a minute to check things out.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Hi Everyone!

In the midst of this incredibly hectic day, I am pleased to advise that we also have prepared for release later Striking 1.0.3.1!

The good news as well is that you will all be able to use the internal update function, particularly if you just recently had to update a few gazillion sites by ftp recently as many designers did, in order to confirm valid installs. There are no deleted files, just some changed ones.

This is a very small release:

1) updated Rev slider to vesion 4.3.6
    2) fixed the portfolio ajax issue (was a height matter in the quicksand js)
    3) a small tweak to the use of font awesome in a shortcode

Updating is not absolutely necessary unless you feel you need to address one of the above. You can certainly take your time about it.

We have thought about holding off on this release until WPML gets around to releasing a proper update for WP 3.9. Once it is out, we can then retest our compatibility and address any issues that crop up (there may be none, but we have to confirm). And RTL we believe will require at least one or two minor modifications.

But they appear to be a few days away yet. So we are releasing now, and we will deal with wpml/rtl upon the wpml formal update.

We are also advised by a wp ecommerce user that they are having an issue which we will be getting into in the next 2 days. Note this is wp ecommerce, not woo. Notwithstanding the back and forth today between I and a woo user, as far as we can tell our woo templates and woo are fine in MultiFlex.

Should any of you become aware of a woo related matter, I ask that you post it here in this thread, or, if you wish me to investigate and confirm, send me a pm with your logins. But Woo feedback would be appreciated. I have logins for half a dozen woo sites and all appears fine, and I have now done 3 new woo installations today, but comments from more woo users would be appreciated.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Hey james,

Thanks for the support. With another site i followed the same instructions an d it works also. So i am confidant i am doing it ok.

Thanks
    Desch
  • Self-hosted html5 - video (mp4) in portfolio list may not be playable.

I myself have generated hosted html5 video in html portfolio. These videos may not play in the portfolio list. If the portfolio called directly, they play without problems.

example:

Single Portfolio: http://www.ihc-ml.de/portfolio/diashow-schuelerliga-2-10-2010-maerkische-loewen-vs-stratus-hs/

under: http://www.ihc-ml.de/medien in the portfolio list, under 2010, at the end of the list: the video will not play.

Best regards
    raikit
  • HI Raikit

I just did a quick test. Working in FF and IE, but in Chrome "something" has transpired. I think I know what. We will correct.

Thank you for reporting.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Might be a silly question, but...
    I have not yet updated to Striking R 1.0.3, is it advisable to try to update before you release 1.0.3.1, will it cause issues if I wait?
    And if I wait and jump from version 1.0.2.4 to 1.0.3.1, is it still recommended to do this update via FTP or will the internal api work ok?

Hi

You can wait until 1.0.3.1 if you wish. It is only misc fixes plus a rev slider update.

We have 3 recorded bugs currently -1 in woo (multiple upsells on a variable priced product can incur failure of the single product page), 1 in portfolio video chrome related (video will not play), and a quicksand js issue that effects the ajax sorting of sorted portfolio in the mobile viewports (the script was not calculating the height property correctly once ajax was invoked).

We also have made an adjustment to the icon box shortcode css, and as noted, the Revolution slider update.

That is it for what it contains now. That could change by the time of release.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Just wanted to say that I did the internal update without any problems. Updated Wordpress first, cleared cache and updated Striking, cleared cache again and can not detect any issues. I have a simple site but use Woo Commerce also.
    Kevin
    Modernpaint.net

Hi Kevin

Good to hear that all went ok. Thank you !!

Best regards,
    Striking Team,
    Paul
  • Carousel slider links to posts not working on our dev site. Please contact me for the URL, as we are trying to keep this non-public while in development. Thanks :)

Hi Colette

Can you confirm you have the latest version running after which i will investigate the carousel code and get back to you as we have fixed the code to make it work.

What shortcode are you using? Can you provide that?

To paste them correctly in to the forum thread please embed your (css/short/php/html) code into code tags.

Best regards,
    Striking Team,
    Paul
  • Nivo slider settings: Enable Portfolio Posts in Slideshows.

When the "Nivo Slider Random Start" to "off", the sorting is still random. Not the first slide is displayed.

Best regards
    raikit
    Hi

what order id's did you add to each of slider items? Slider items are sorted by the use of the Order Id setting.

Best regards,
    Striking Team,
    Paul

Ok. That's it. I have now corrected it. I thought that the sort automatically by the date of publication, similar to post categories.

Thanks for the support.

raikit
  • Hi

Just an update for everyone. We are still working on 1.0.3.1. We have added some new settings (7) for the font awesome use (font icon shortcode), plus some other misc tweaks. We are busy testing right now with the friday release of wpml 3.1.5c (and i have a vid to do on some wpml basics which I promised 2 days ago for a user) plus some other misc matters.

I think perhaps Tuesday we will release.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
    Font Icon Shortcode New Settings.jpg
    678 x 1004 - 115K
  • Hello, first of all I would like to say that i find striking theme one of the best one in the market. Until now i haven’t experienced any problems, but today after wordpress 3.9. update, my theme was suddenly broken.

It says “Fatal error: Cannot redeclare _verify_isactivate_widgets() (previously declared in /home/ungagai/public_html/zavod-emma.si/wp-content/themes/striking_r/functions.php:36) in /home/ungagai/public_html/zavod-emma.si/wp-content/themes/striking_r/framework/plugins/revslider/inc_php/framework/functions.php on line 60”

I went to ftp removed the theme and activated default theme, the dashboard was back, but when trying to upload the theme again same thing happened. I have checked functions.php file and saw the difference between the original and the one uploaded… tried to delete only that file and upload the original back on, but the suspicios files were there again…

Please help, what can i do about it? I’m not a wp expert, so detailed explanation would be great!!

Thank you! Mateja

Resolved. Mateja has custom php functions in her functions.php which have to be redone for WP 3.9 and MultiFlex 1.0.3. Her customizations cause instant failure (regretfully!).

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Hello, I just completed the update and there were a few formatting issues as a result, but this were quickly resolved.

However, I am having trouble inserting the shortcode though for Youtube. I select the Striking icon at the in the page editor, media, Youtube, insert the clip code and adjust the various options, select the 'preview' and everything appears and plays fine and then when I select 'Insert' nothing happens. It simply returns me to the page and the code is nowhere to be seen. It may also be important to note that I already had a Youtube clip on the page before updating and this appears as 'undefined' in the editor page, however it plays fine where looking at a net version of the page. The same problem of non-insertion of shortcodes happens for message boxes, dividers and anything else I try. So essentially the short codes don't seem to be working now.

Grateful for any help.

Thanks

Tom
  • Hi Tom

First, although your error is unique to you (it would be pretty funny if we did a release and one of the principal aspects of our theme did not work ..... we would be inundated with comments by now of course) you did post in the right place. Anytime a user experiences an issue updating the release thread is the place to post, that way all users reading the thread can review version related comments.

So thank you for following the guideline in the forum header about where to post! =D>

You did not provide a url to your site, nor advise what you updated from, or what version of wp you are running, or what plugins you have installed. With the url I could have instantaneously surfed to our site and looked at what my developer consoles tell me about the site code, and also seen at least some of the plugins in place.

The issue you are experiencing can come from a wide variety of matters. My gut check is either bad install or a conflicting plugin, but only more information will allow to commence diagnosing your issue.

I think easiest for you to click on my name and it will bring you to my profile page. Click on the link to send me a personal message (a "pm" which is private), and provide me your wp and ftp admins.

I am in and out today on family activities, but as soon as I can, I will surf to your site and poke around to see if I can determine the issue.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Hi James,

Here is the carousel shortcode we are using on the homepage of our dev site:

[carousel width="150" height="150" title="Featured Customers" source="{b:client}" number="-1"] [/carousel]

The links will not open. Thanks for the help.
  • Just a heads up guys, though you're probably already aware of it: the Rev Slider plugin is now up to Version 4.3.8 SkyWood (27th April 2014). Know you're working on a minor release and figured I'd mention it.

Cheers,

Jan C.
  • Hello,

Is anyone else having trouble with carousel shortcode?
  • Hi Clane,

The links should be working now. I will test today and get back to you.

Best regards,
    Striking Team,
    Paul
  • Hi Striking Team, I think I sadly broke my site and did things to quickly (serves me right!). Anyway, I uploaded the new theme and then lost the site. I get an error which is below. I have FTP access but I have contacted the host to see if I can go back to an old copy of my site (hopefully they back it up!). Anyway, is there anything I can do from here? or is there anything specific I should tell the hosting guys? I was also use the BETA responsive version if that helps.

Thanks!

Robyn

Warning: require_once(/home/smartrob/public_html/wp-content/themes/striking_r/framework/plugins/revslider/inc_php/revslider_tinybox.class.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/smartrob/public_html/wp-content/themes/striking_r/framework/plugins/revslider/revslider.php on line 37

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/smartrob/public_html/wp-content/themes/striking_r/framework/plugins/revslider/inc_php/revslider_tinybox.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/smartrob/public_html/wp-content/themes/striking_r/framework/plugins/revslider/revslider.php on line 37
  • clane967 said:

Hello,

Is anyone else having trouble with carousel shortcode?

Hi Colette

As of version 1.0.2.4 the carousel shortcode is working perfectly. That version did the following:

Added: Link Target Setting to the carousel and product carousel shortcodes.
    Fixed: Link field for custom images in the carousel slider is not working (Props user "Distiple")

If you are using an earlier version of 1.0.2 series then you might be experiencing an issue with the carousel.

As of version 1.0.3 to the best of our knowledge there are no reported issues with the carousel shortcodes.

The carousels are naturally based on a javascript. You could check the deveoper console if you having an issue. It could be due to either a custom script or a plugin.

As well, you had inquired to me by pm about some help with your child theme. I did reply, but I do not believe I have a responsve from you? Sorry, I get a lot of pm's, and your pm is already "out of sight" meaning it has paginated, when I go to my inbox (it is not even in my first 3 pages of paginating).

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Hi Striking Team, I think I sadly broke my site and did things to quickly (serves me right!). Anyway, I uploaded the new theme and then lost the site. I get an error which is below. I have FTP access but I have contacted the host to see if I can go back to an old copy of my site (hopefully they back it up!). Anyway, is there anything I can do from here? or is there anything specific I should tell the hosting guys? I was also use the BETA responsive version if that helps.

Thanks!

Robyn

Hi Robyn

I sent you a personal message, please look to your inbox.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

• Websys said:

Hi Colette

As of version 1.0.2.4 the carousel shortcode is working perfectly. That version did the following:

Added: Link Target Setting to the carousel and product carousel shortcodes.
    Fixed: Link field for custom images in the carousel slider is not working (Props user "Distiple")

If you are using an earlier version of 1.0.2 series then you might be experiencing an issue with the carousel.

As of version 1.0.3 to the best of our knowledge there are no reported issues with the carousel shortcodes.

The carousels are naturally based on a javascript. You could check the deveoper console if you having an issue. It could be due to either a custom script or a plugin.

As well, you had inquired to me by pm about some help with your child theme. I did reply, but I do not believe I have a responsve from you? Sorry, I get a lot of pm's, and your pm is already "out of sight" meaning it has paginated, when I go to my inbox (it is not even in my first 3 pages of paginating).

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

Hi James,

I do not see any errors in Firebug. We are still having an issue with this shortcode and I tride it with the parent theme and is still the same issue. We are using a subdomain if that is the problem with the URL? I sent you a message on May 1st about trying to get our child theme running. If you can contact me via email or Skype it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  • Anything exciting about the WP 3.9.1 release? I noticed some TinyMCE and Multisite fixes - nothing about taxonomy.
  • Multiflex blockquote shortcode doesn't align center
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions