24 AUGUST 2014 - UPDATE

1)  We have released Striking 5.3.1 today.  It will only available by the internal update function as this theme is deprecated and no longer available for sale. If you are still using the Striking Original theme the update notice should now be showing in your site although it may take some hours to propogate across the entire web.

2)   Please update to WP 3.9.2 asap as it deals with some security matters.  All Striking sites using MultiFlex 1.0.3+ or Striking 5.3/5.3.1 can be updated to WP 3.9.2. immediately.  We have tested the latest beta of WP 3.4 with our forthcoming Striking MultiFlex Ver 1.1 and they appear to be fine with each other.

3)   We are submitting Striking MultiFlex Ver 1.1 to Themeforest for approval on Monday August 25. The Themeforest approval process can take up to 5 days. We will advise on approval once received.

James on behalf of the Striking Team
To insert code use <code>...</code>.
STRIKING MULTIFLEX & ECOMMERCE RESPONSIVE
RELEASES 1.0.0 & 1.0.1 UPDATED 5 FEB
  • MultiFlex Update 1.0.1 Released 5 Feb 2014

WE HAVE ACTIVATED OUR UPDATE API, AND ANY USER WHO HAS STRIKING MULTIFLEX VER 1.0.0 INSTALLED MAY USE THE THEME UPDATE SETTING FOR UPDATING.

PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE THE INTERNAL UPDATE FUNCTION IF YOU ARE USING STRIKING RESPONSIVE dd Nov 15 (or earlier version of Striking Responsive Beta) or Striking Regular 5.2 series or earlier.

This is a little update. We have about 4-5 minor bugs found, and although we posted individual fixes in threads, this update gathers them all in one place.

We also added post linking for a couple of the sliders that did not have this feature.

Changelog:

Added: link to post support for Kenburner Slider
    Added: link to post support for Roundabout Slider
    Changed: Order of CSS loading to address issue some mobile users report for mobile navigation
    Fixed: Revslider issue - incomplete edit_layers file
    Fixed: search text not found issue
    Fixed: Portfolio images widget issue in Chrome
    Fixed: Header height issue in responsive mode

If you investigate the changed files list prior to implementing the internal update function, you will see we had some inspiration for further code refinement, and made some corresponding adjustments. So in fact a lot of code changed.

I attach below an image of the default initial load burden of Striking MultiFlex Ver 1.0.1 as at Feb 5. Script loading burden on activation is 11 scripts for 317kb. That is the same number of scripts, and 100kb less then the 2014 WP default theme. While a script and kb here or there is not the end of the world, this is in fact a remarkable initial burden for a premium theme. We doubt any other premium theme of our calibre and functionality has an initial burden this low with our level of functionality. It is impt as all other burdens pile on this, and when the scripts are less efficient, then the overall burden rate grows at a dysfunctional rate.

We still will be working on scripting burdens in the future, and we may move all the help dialogs into an english language file (which is similar in effect to a plugin) to further optimize the theme.

WE shall continue to stay all over the forum to assist on product support. We want a clean, smooth, fast, website building experience for our users. Every potential error shall be investigated. But please be careful about shouting "bug" as it sets of many a false alarm all over the net. There could still be a half dozen issues hiding somewhere in the code but if there are, they are small and worth reporting, but not worth fretting.

2 FEB 2014 - Striking MultiFlex & Ecommerce Responsive Wordpress theme is approved by Themeforest, and can now be downloaded by logging into your Themeforest account.

Please note the sales page at Themeforest is yet to be updated. Up until 2am this morning (for me) we were still working on the theme code itself. Themeforest had the theme only for a few hours and approved, when we were expecting them to take days.

Link to the demo content (which is about 70% but does have 125 pgs of content and examples of all the new shortcodes, panels, etc):

http://kaptinlin.com/themes/strikingr/

There will be rollouts of vids, more documentation, the new support site, etc, over the next short period of time.

The theme includes an installable demo package. Go to the Advanced Panel (which is completely revised) and you wil see a new "one touch" install feature.

The demo content is very big, so install it local host.

More to follow later.......

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
    Default-Burden-MultiFlex-Ver 1.0.1.jpg
    1115 x 376 - 233K
  • 35 Comments sorted by
  • A Conversion Video has been posted - see the link below.

Quick Guide to Upgrading From Striking Regular 5.1.9.6/5.2

IF RUNNING A VERSION OF STRIKING REGULAR YOU SHOULD UPDATE TO STRIKING 5.2.2.2 PRIOR TO CONVERTING TO STRIKING MULTIFLEX

Here are the major steps. THERE IS A VIDEO:

Striking Conversion Video

1) If one can, do a complete site backup or confirm with one's host that they have one, so if things go really fubar, one has an easy fallback.

Also for easy quick access save all of the following:

1. Go to the Striking General Panel -> Custom CSS and JS tab. Copy all your custom css and JS into a text document on your desktop and then remove any custom css from your custom css fields that is positional related, or is for colorbox or a slider that does not exist in the responsive theme. If you are in doubt, then remove it all from the custom css field after saving your copy of it.
    2. Go to the Striking General Panel -> Google Analytic tab and copy your custom google analytic code into a text document for backup.
    3. Go to the Striking General Panel -> General Settings tab, and if you have the Top Widget Area set to html, copy that content into a text doc for backup. Also do the same if you have the Sub Footer Widget Area set to html, again copy and save that content into your text document.
    4. Go to the Striking Advanced Panel -> Archive Settings and copy any custom archive titles and archive text into your text document.
    5. Go to the Blog Panel -> Search Result Tab, and save the custom content (if any) you might have in the "Nothing Found Text" field.
    6. Finally! Go to the Striking Advanced Panel ->Import & Export Tab, and take all the content sitting in the Export Field, and copy and paste it into a text document so it is saved. This funny looking code in this field is all your theme admin panel options converted to base 64 code including all the above customizations which we had you create backups. So now you are exporting it in its entirety. IMPT: Make certain you have word wrap (its an option of txt documents) off! Otherwise forced breaks are entered into the code when it is pasted into the txt document, which immediately breaks all this code ->it would then import with errors.

All your theme settings should carry over during the update, but all the backups above are for the "just in case" scenario where they do not. If you encounter any issues where the settings are not taking effect after updating please let us know immediately.

2) Its no longer necessary to change over your sliders, the update script should do it automatically.

3) All widgets and sidebars now transition so no special precautions should be necessary.

4) Likely no user is still using timthumb, but if it is on, turn timthumb off, and turn on clear cache, and save the Advanced panel. You will not be using timthumb again and it is removed from Striking MultiFlex completely.

5) SUPER IMPORTANT - If using the child theme, deactivate it by activating 5.2.2.2

Now you should be ready to install Striking MultiFlex by using the install theme wp panel. So install it and activate it. Striking R is a big theme since it has a lot more help content, and so if you are on shared hosting you will often run into a situation where it fails to load due to its size. In this situation you have to upload the unpacked theme by ftp instead.

Note : Make sure you unzip the download package from themeforest first and then from that unzip package make sure you unzip the striking_r.zip which is in there as that is the folder and all its subfolder (the striking multilfex theme) you need to upload by ftp into the \wp-content\themes folder of your server. Resulting in : \wp-content\themes\striking_r

Striking MultiFlex is a separate theme framework. So if you are installing by ftp, you copy over the complete "striking_r" folder into the wordpress themes folder. Do not copy any of the files from "striking_r" into the existing "striking" folder as you would then be mixing 2 different themes, and create huge problems!

6) After installation and activation, immediately go and clear the cache, and then go to the Striking color panel, and save it (Generates a new skin file for the site). Remember that if you have a caching plugin running, you will need to flush all of its caches as well.

7) Now go to the Striking General Panel, and turn on one's wp custom menu (assuming one was using this feature prior to the switch) - this setting sometimes does not carry over from theme to theme so it has to be turned on again.

8) If you had to do step 7, then go to Appearance/menus, and set your custom menu for your header and footer again. The custom menus are there, just not set to show. So they have to enabled again.

IF FOR ONE REASON OR ANOTHER AFTER UPDATING YOU ENCOUNTER AN ISSUE, JUST GO RE ENABLE STRIKING REGULAR AGAIN. BUT DO NOT TRY TO UPGRADE A 2ND TIME WITHOUT CONTACTING US FIRST AS WE MAY HAVE TO EXAMINE YOUR DATABASE FOR ERRORS. The good news is that this is unlikely to happen (we hope!). If for some reason you do have to go backwards, have a separate tab with your dashboard open prior to re-instituting Striking 5222, as you will need to go to pages with sliders and reset the sliders and save them again or those pages will error out.

Now import the custom css again if you removed it in step 1. Here it may be necessary to make some adjustments as responsive css can be different. For example, if you were specifying centering your logo, now you have to change this so that it centers only for a particular viewport.

We normally suggest leaving any css adjustments until everything else is done.

11) The only remaining step at this point should be to set new sliders for any pages which you have a slider in place.

It may seem like a lot of work the above steps, but most are very simple steps, and all of the above is much easier then building a new site from scratch. My last runthrough of the above took me about 4 minutes.

If you have any issues, post back. We are very interested in this of course. And as I noted, there is a video.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

• Updated and looking great!

Good to hear!
    You have a lot of new toys to play with. The new online demo content, although it is only about 70% complete, will help. I will start pushing vids shortly.
    Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Congratulation with the upgrade. Looks great. My question: Before with the beta version we had to follow several steps before changing from regular striking to the Responsive version. Is this still necesarry? Or can i just update a website with regular striking to The new Striking Multiflex throught the admin panel.

grtz
    desch

Hi Desch

the steps have not changed and can be found in here with one exception : there is no child theme in Striking MultiFlex at this time

http://kaptinlin.com/support/discussion/9733/15-nov-2013-striking-responsive-ver-1-0-update-to-official-package#Item_1

this thread will be updated later when we have recovered from all the work that has been done :))

Best regards,
    Striking Team,
    Paul
  • Hello Striking Crew!
    Congrats, i updated all of my installations and everything went fine!
  • Been updating and loving it. Also transferred an old Twenty Eleven theme into MultiFlex and within a few minutes...I had it looking great. Still have to do header images and slide shows but all is good.
    P.S. I hope you will close all the old beta thread and start a new Multi Flex one so we can all begin fresh :-) GREAT THEME & SUPPORT!!! @};-
  • The theme successfully and easily updated to MultiFlex 1.0.0 from within my site. Thank you!

Because of that, I haven't gone over to Themeforest. Is there a reason to go there, or did the automatic update give me everything?

In other words, do you have a brand new documentation file in the materials at Themeforest, or should I watch for new documentation here on the forum?

Congrats!

Hi Dan

Yes, there is brand new documentation in the build, and in any case, a user should always claim the latest copy of every full build, just to have on file.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Hi all

The current build has a truncated file in the revslider plugin. It seems there is a file corrupted in the build. Pls replace the edit_layers.php file in the \striking_r\framework\plugins\revslider\views\templates folder with the version that is in the zip folder attached.

Best regards,
    Striking Team,
    Paul

edit_layers.zip
  • Congrats to the team and everyone that contributed to make it possible!

Well done guys!

Now, back to work... quite a few sites to update.
  • Egads, but you were right about the look of the wp v3.8.x dashboard (been holding off updating any of the sites I work on until they've had time to work out some of the bugs in 3.8).

That said, the transition from 5.2.2.2 to this officially released version of the R theme went well on my local server and your instructions were thorough. One thing I did note was that the widgets didn't necessarily transfer over correctly (a number of them were moved from the Page Widget Area to the Blog Widget Area). Otherwise I'll go through the rest of the settings and make adjustments accordingly, then convert all non-responsive css that I was using in 5.2.2.2 to something compatible with R (I've actually got quite a bit of that work because the site I'm using Striking R with was originally built back in early 2010; got my work cut out for me).

Once the site becomes the production version, I'll add a link to the forum for it.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Jan C. (aka iamjanco)

Hi

Did you swap from striking to a default theme to striking_r? As normally the widgets only then shift from page to blog. If done from striking to strikingR they cannot shift at all as there is the same amount of widgets area's in the same order.

Best regards, Paul, Striking Team

Hi Jan

I have not see you on skype in a long time, so hello! Skype me sometime and let me know what you are up to. Glad you updated. The moving widgets is odd, although there is more then one potential explanation for that. Paul noted one. In any case widgets are a straightforward thing to drag from one area to the other.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

@Paul: nope, went straight from Striking 5.2.2.2 to Striking R with no detours in between. It's not an issue for me though, as I've already made the changes; and if noone else reported a similar issue, we can probably attribute what happened to gremlins.

I'll let you know if I come across anything else that's weird, as I move forward.

Cheers,

Jan
  • Hi guys, is there any difference between this v1 official and the striking_r release ???

Hi Mitch

Yes. Huge differences. But the core folders have the same name "striking_r" so that you can just do a blanket drop by ftp to replace your current install.

The official version has 13 new shortcodes, plus numerous other new features.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Quick question: I noted there was a child theme available privately for the "beta" version of R. Is the same true of the newly released version? Any caveats in using a child theme with the newly released version?

Cheers,

Jan C.

Hi Jan

We dont have a childtheme available for striking_R at the moment. We are still debating if we create one.

You can create one yourselves following the wordpress.org documentation if you only want to customize the css and functions.php or any other theme root .php file. For that purpose one does not need our advanced child theme at all.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes

Best regards,
    Striking Team,
    Paul

Thanks, Paul, that's all I needed to know.

Cheers,

Jan C.
  • Hi,
    I am with StrikingR 1.0.0, 15 Nov how I have to update to Multiplex? Just make backup and update the ftp folder?
    Any trouble with the active widgets?

Hi

Yes just crrate a backup and upload by ftp the latest striking_r downloaded and unzipped from themeforest.

Best regards,
    Striking Team,
    Paul

Best regards,
    Striking Team,
    Paul
  • This comment has been edited by Jan:

Noted this on my local wamp server, and seems to be prevalent in both the frontend and backend (dashboard):

Where the larger containers have their heights set to 100%, either too much space is added to the bottom of the containers (e.g., at the bottom of the feature inner divs), or not enough space is made available to display content when toggling items like help texts (e.g., in the dashboard).

Setting heights for those containers to auto (added: or doing away with the height setting completely) where this issue appears to exist seems to clear up the problem in most cases; e.g., in the http://localhost/sitename/wp-content/themes/striking_r/framework/admin/assets/css/style.css?ver=3.8.1 file for dashboard related issues).

That said, if these issues aren't occurring elsewhere in other users' dev/production sites, it could be limited to the environment I'm working in locally.

Anyway, at least in my case, each instance of this issue has to be carefully examined, as making such adjustments to global css (e.g., like changing a global height value for all ".inner" divs), can impact containers using the same css in other areas and/or pages.

I've attached a couple of images as examples of this.

This occurs whether using the 1.0.0 or 1.0.1 versions of R (Multiflex); and occurs in both the latest version of Mozilla (Firefox) and Chrome browsers (not checked in any other browsers).

Cheers,

Jan
    2014-02-05_10-15-05.png
    400 x 404 - 145K
    2014-02-05_10-13-16.png
    679 x 377 - 15K
  • I get this when attempting the update:

The package could not be installed.: PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

Installation Failed

Hi Brian

This means that the update package is to big for your hosting to process - you have hit a php upload limit. So you will have to download the full theme package from Themeforest, and grab the striking_r.zip file, unpack it, and then transfer it by ftp overwriting the currrent striking_r folder.

Even though we changed the theme name, we kept the theme folder name the same so that users would have an easy ftp process.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

Hi

Let me add to this. Please besides that the max_upload_size, max_upload_filesize should have higher values make sure the max_input_vars is set to 5000. Ask your hoster to set that value in the php.ini file.

• Hi guys,

Regarding my previous question about the css height attributes, is this something being experienced by others, or can I attribute the issue to my local WAMP environment?

Cheers,

Jan

Hi Jan

this is hard to answer as i dont use a local wamp server but a virtual linux server and we cant have a look at your issue to see what is going on because you are running it locally.

It is possible to put the website in spoof somewhere on one of your servers on the internet so we can have a peek?

Best regards,
    Striking Team,
    Paul

Hi Paul,

I was planning on doing that (moving the local site to my dev server once I've updated most of the custom code used in the 5.2.2.2 non-responsive version for responsive design), and may even do that sooner just to eliminate the possibility the issue is associated with my local WAMP environment. That probably won't happen for a week or so though given my current workload, but regardless of whether the issue is fixed by the move or not, I'll post an update here to let you know.

Cheers,

Jan

UPDATE:

Paul, regarding the issue I've been experiencing on my local wamp server with the height attribute (100% vs. auto), it's my local environment causing that. I moved my schedule up and moved the site to my online dev server and the problem disappears.

Just thought I'd update you.

Cheers,

Jan

Hi Jan,

I think i will have to ask "snow storm" James to check this as he is the only one running wamp. I will also try to setup wamp in one of my virtual machines. Do you know if it is related to the latest version of wamp only? What version of wamp are you using?

Best regards, Paul

Hi Paul,

Here's my local environment:

Win 7 64 Bit
    WAMP Server 2.2E (64 bit)
    Apache 2.2.2
    PHP 5.3.13
    MySQL 5.5.24

I'm also running PEAR, PERL, and CURL on this setup.

Cheers,

Jan
  • Just updated to Multiflex by uploading through ftp. Everything seems fine except my home page. This page was working prior to the update but now I receive this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted ...

Any ideas?

Update - problem fixed by adding define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' ); to wp-config.php file

Update 2 - removed the customization above and the home page is still working... not sure what happened.

Hi Signup

You did not provide a url, and I am unclear on whether you have resolved your problem or not. Your issue is memory allocated to you by your host. You should be advised, it depends on the host whether any attempt to modify the php settings from the user side will actually take effect. When one runs into a memory limit issue, usually the best policy is to contact the host, and request they adjust it server side.

Please provide a url and indicate whether you are having issues or not.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

Hi signup,

Ask your hoster to check and if it is less set max_input_vars = 5000;

BackuPs said:

Hi signup,

Ask your hoster to check and if it is less set max_input_vars = 5000;

My url is http://lineaintima.com

I use Hostgator for my hosting.

I also followed a few other suggestion on this site which I found (increasing max_input_vars = 5000 was one of the updates I applied). Increasing the max_input_vars helped as did other changes which I made... and eventually the issue was resolved. Not knowing what the impacts of these changes are, I gradually started decreasing their values (i.e. max_input_vars = 3000, then 2000...) and found that after removing all the customizations previously made, the issue didn't return.

---------------

It turns out the issue came back on various pages in the blog section. I updated php.ini for max_input_vars = 5000 and also upped memory_limit = 256M as they were both suggested in this and other threads. The issue is now resolved again. I'm going to leave these updates in this time around.

Hope this helps others who may have encountered similar issues.
  • I just had a similar issue. I had a site on 5.22. Ftp'd MultiFlex to the server in a separate folder and activated it as the new theme. BLAMMO! Had to then call my hosting company to up the amount. Told me where he did it so next time I will be prepared :-)
  • Couple of small anomalies/inconsistencies I noticed after upgrading. I also realize these that can be overcome with custom CSS.

1. Font Awesome icons that are in my menus are no longer inheriting the color of the a tag. Here is an example of the code I have in one menu:

<i class="the-icons icon-envelope-o" style="padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: 1px;"></i> Contact Us

...and the CSS for that menu:
    #top_area a {
    color: #222222 !important;}
    #top_area a:hover {
    color: #005599 !important;
    text-decoration: none !important;}

Prior to the upgrade, the font icons were inheriting the color behavior of the tag.

2. One of the default values in mini tabs has changed.

dd15 default:
    .mini_tabs_container .panes {
    margin: -1px 0 0;}

Multiflex default:
    .mini_tabs_container .panes {
    margin: -2px 0 0;}

Again these are minor things, I understand I can easily fix these with CSS but was curious about the behavior and default changes.

Regards,
    Brian

Hi brian

Tri to Assign the color to the the-icons class in the top area.

Hi Brian

When one chooses an icon using the "Insert Icon" function while in the menu properties dialog box of any menu item, clicking on Insert Icon causes another dialog to open, where one chooses the icon, and sets a color for the icon.

If one does not choose a color -> it is an optional setting, then it should inherit the color of the menu item itself.

I just tested this to confirm not an issue, and attach an image below. It seems to be working fine.

The 2nd was just a minor css tweak.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
    menuiconcolor.jpg
    482 x 97 - 17K
  • I tried replacing the rev slider file and it did not fix the problem on my end.

Hi Seth

I must have missed your comment or thread. You are having a rev slider issue? Are you using 1.0.0 or 1.0.1? Is your issue the one of the global library not set "error" (which is not an "error/bug" but rather a notification of a setting that has to be enabled...).

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James

Hi James,

Indeed it was a setting. I added homepage and it works on the homepage just fine.

But where do I find the page ID's?

----

Never mind that was easy to figure out. =))

• Hi,

I was using StrikingR 1.0.0, 15 Nov so today I downloaded the new files from Themeforest and did an ftp upload of the new multiplex files into the Strikingr folder as instructed. All looks good except I cannot get any of the sliders working properly. I currently have the Nivo slider enabled and it gets stuck on the last slide in the order. I was using the Rev slider but now I can't get it to work at all. It was working fine before the update. Any help is appreciated.

www.ifishalaska.com

BTW- I just noticed that the photos on my photos page aren't working now either.

http://www.ifishalaska.com/alaska_fishing_pictures/

I always appreciate the support we all get from the Striking Team. Thanks in advance!
  • Hi akseo

can you send me a personal message with the ftp and the wp logins to the site. I think the slider issue is install related for the sliders.

A couple of questions. Did you Clear the cache (the setting is in the Advanced Panel). And did you temporarily turn off your plugins to confirm that it was not a plugin related matter?

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Followed the directions... now I get this on my homepage:

Fatal error: Unknown: Cannot use output buffering in output buffering display handlers in Unknown on line 0

http://bit.ly/19MO85G

I tried to go back to original striking and get this error:

Warning: require_once(/home2/swak/public_html/wp-content/themes/striking/framework/slideshow/nivo_default.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/swak/public_html/wp-content/themes/striking/framework/helpers/slideshowGenerator.php on line 46

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home2/swak/public_html/wp-content/themes/striking/framework/slideshow/nivo_default.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home2/swak/public_html/wp-content/themes/striking/framework/helpers/slideshowGenerator.php on line 46

Could really use some help right about now... FYI, your videos are not working.

Hi Brad,

Got your pm, replied.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Same issue as akseo. Updated to current MultiFlex using ftp. My Niveo slider stays on the last image. My lightboxes also do not work. Clicking them enlarges the image but not in a lightbox. Cleared cache. Turned off all plugins.

www.exacta.com
  • Hi scadaguru,

Can you send me wp admin and ftp logins in a pm? Include links to the website and a shortdescription of the problem. Also include permission to overwrite the theme, your purchase key and that you have made a complete backup.

Thank you.

You can Pm me by clicking on my name and send me a private message on the left in that window that opens.

• Hi all,

Just updated and for some reason now the titles on my blog posts when in a grid format are hyphenated, see www.heworthgrange.org . It seems particularly bad on Safari for some reason. They weren't like that in 1.0.0 as far as I remember!

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Stu
  • Hi Stu

We have a css error there, which wil be fixed in the next update, which shall be in 2-3 days.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • Hi James,

Thanks for that. Will keep an eye out for it.

Stu
  • Hi,

The Testimonials shortcode generator is not working for me. I can not preview the results nor is the shortcode being inserted in my page.

The shortcode works if I copy and paste the demo code but I can't generate one from scratch.

I'm currently on a local host, what are your suggestions for investigating or resolving this issue?

Thanks,
    Brian

Hi Brian

Regarding local host. We cannot diagnose anything local host. There is no way to account for how one local host setup works from another.

I can only advise the testimonial slider is working fine in my tests, even on my own local host.

I would just wait until you go live, and then insert the testimonial slider.

For anyone reading this comment. There is nothing we can do to diagnose any matter in a local host setup. We could use something like teamviewer, or get into spoofing, but we would only do so at a minimum rate of $125 per hour (and we might charge more). Quite frankly, it is just not worth or our time, or even your money (we really don't want it in circumstances like this - it is just not worth either your time or ours). Every local host type matter, which are infrequent at best, are just not worth getting into as they never occur live.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • James,

Understand the limitations for local hosts, this can can certainly wait until I'm online.

If this makes any difference, I wanted to report that I'm receiving the following Firebug console error.

TypeError: avatar is null

ret +=' [testimonial author="'+author+'" avatar_type="'+avatar.type+'" avatar_value="'+avatar.value+'"'+meta+link+']'+content+'[/testimonial]\n';

This error only occurs when I try to use the testimonial shortcode WITHOUT an avatar.

Shortcode works fine when using avatar.

Thanks,
    Brian
  • HI Brian

Now that I see what you are doing I sent you a message in the back end, but for everyone else viewing this - the testimonial slider will not work unless an image is loaded for each author in the "Testimonial Author Avatar" setting.

So the solution is to load an image, any image will do, and it will work. I am still working on further updating intheme help fields with each update, and the testimonial shortcode will receive some help dialogs in the next update.

We are also looking at simply having a default avatar load when one fails to load an avatar, to provide a quick avatar solution for our users.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
  • I'm not sure if I've run into an anomaly or my custom css is incorrect. Instead of opening a new thread, I've posted my comments in an old Striking thread regarding issues with changing sidebar and main content widths. Could you please take a quick look?

http://kaptinlin.com/support/discussion/1403/change-width-of-content-and-sidebar-on-the-pages-customization-how-to/p1

Thanks,
    Brian
  • Hi guys,

Small snag:

can you make it
    .divider.top a {
    width: auto;
    }

instead of hard coding it?
    .divider.top a {
    width: 20px;
    }

It doesn't work with more than 3 characters, e.g., in Portuguese.

BR,

Cris
    Screenshot from 2014-02-26 22:02:38.png
    691 x 69 - 30K
    Screenshot from 2014-02-26 22:03:38.png
    700 x 85 - 38K
    Screenshot from 2014-02-26 22:03:11.png
    385 x 191 - 13K
  • Another one.

[blog column="1" count="5" grid="false" imageType="full" meta="true" full="false" nopaging="false" effect="grayscale"]

Results in image one.

[blog column="1" count="5" grid="false" imageType="below" meta="true" full="false" nopaging="false" effect="grayscale"]

Results in image two.

Cheers
    Cris
    Screenshot from 2014-02-26 22:27:18.png
    722 x 600 - 182K
    Screenshot from 2014-02-26 22:27:43.png
    712 x 736 - 162K
  • Hi hudo,

We cant change the divider top css as it is a responsive theme. We have been there and could not fix this. We also tried your solution. I dont recall anymore the why and where that css change bit us back in the butt.

We are going to test width: 100% and see what happens, will get back to you.

For the grayscale we provided a css fix for your version. It has been dealt with in the forthcoming 1.0.2.

James confirmed to me a moment ago that a gremlin has bit the below title image type blog post.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the prompt response. 100% width doesn't work, atleast not with the current css code. Grayscale is sorted. You already gave me the code.

As for the rest, I hope them gremlins don't bite anything off that James might really miss... =))

BR,
    Cris
  • Hi All

I am closing this thread as we should be releasing 1.0.2 on Thursday (assuming testing being undertaken does not find any last minute glitches....). It has many tweaks and adjustments, and I will post a preview changelog in the release thread now so that you can at least get an idea of what is headed your way.

Best Regards
    Striking Team
    James
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions